Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The real reason for Spirits Of Harmony

1. Must level all toons to 90 in order to get the most profit from your toon.
    2. Must continue to grind with those toons that need SoH in order to continue to craft.
    3. Crafters have to have them, and the only way to get them is to GRIND

Yes, alchemists, Jewel Crafters, and enchanters can get the basic level 600 consumables but in order to get the true raiding consumables they will need to level to 90 and then become exalted across the board.

Blacksmiths, Engineers, tailors, Inscription and Leatherworkers are going to have to grind SoH and Rep now in order to craft the gear that everyone wants.

Blizz truly figured out a way to ensure that you level all of your alts as well as ensure that you grind them. SoH tied to Rep is required for any kind of meaningful game advancement.

Deleted
    While your logic appears valid, there is a slight problem.......SoH will be BoA eventually, this was stated a long time ago.

As for the rep thing, again as stated, at a certain point you're not playing an alt and just having V2 of your main if you don't have to jump through some hoops surely?

10+ Year Old Account
    First, you dont need exalted accross the board.
    The worst prof is Enchznting, all others require honored with Klaxxi (which you can do wo dailies) and Golden lotus honored.
    Second, you can grow motes on your farm.
    Third you dont need to be 90 on you alch, for example.

So it's not that bad.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, im sorry, but I'm an alchemist and well, I dont need any reputation or NEED any harmory other than making living steel.

As a LW, I can honestly say that this QQ is ridiculous. I get enough spirits from what I normally do (especially now with 16 motes per day at farmville) that this "omg blizzard is making us play" crap is starting to annoy me.

This isn't a QQQ, I love the MoP expansion, I was just making an observation that Blizz wants you to level all your toons if you want to maximize your profit.

Additionally, you are still leveling if you grow motes, may take awhile but you get rep for every crop harvested and every daily completed, Blizz has done a good job at tying it all together.

This is a qq troll... with SoH i don't have to level my herber i can just buy herbs with SoH... or Ore to prospect...

get over it

It would be nice if they werent freaking BOP but with the comment above saying they will be BOA eventually that is at least somewhat comforting.

Deleted
    So wait. They made a game. And they're coming up with ways to have you play their game? There's a special place in hell for these kind of people...

Deleted
    i use my SoH, too make leg armor. my leg armor allows me too buy everything else i need easily.

its good to be a LW atm ^^

they made it at start as everything else so it needs some effort , then theyl get lots of stuff easier , aswell as making that BoE like they did with chaos orb's and stuff before

I can't wait for SoH to be boa...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    its good to be a LW atm ^^

Shhhhhhhhhh.....Don't tell everyone, let them all think it's only Scribes that make "EHMAGAWD GOLD" then they'll leave us LW's alone

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhh.....Don't tell everyone, let them all think it's only Scribes that make "EHMAGAWD GOLD" then they'll leave us LW's alone
    still need to farm SoH to sell leg armors (and on my server the difference between legarmors-extra mats cost is almost equal to 3xgolden lotus you can buy with 1 SoH :P)

I wish you got them from herbing and mining. Skinners get them from looting mobs that they have to loot in order to skin.

wait, im eng what do i need rep for?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I think of it more as a reward for people who actually play a character rather than parking an account full of alts in a city and using them as a gold making armada. I don't think it has anything to do with forcing you to grind on every character you have, but more a way to reward playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    as a scribe...most of my income comes from the cards at the moment shoulder chants are only like 200g and they require more mats then thats worth. meanwhile im selling darkmoon cards for 3.5k for like 20 or 30 minutes of farming...

Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    as a scribe...most of my income comes from the cards at the moment shoulder chants are only like 200g and they require more mats then thats worth. meanwhile im selling darkmoon cards for 3.5k for like 20 or 30 minutes of farming...
    I make about 20k per hour as a LW right now.

I'm making about 30-40k a day selling a combo of herbs, DMCs and inks. I expect this to go don drastically with the ink trader up though.

The problem with SoH is that besides the 1.6 you can get per day from Tillers they are utterly and completely random. You can get 20 motes from doing dailies or you can get none. They are a bad analogue to Chaos Orbs because at least with those, if you needed to craft gear for a guildie you could get a group going and run heroics, rolling for the orb at the end.

Speaking of which, they really need to add complete SoH as a 100% drop at the end of every heroic, or queue times are going to go through the roof in a few weeks after every tank is geared out. There is now zero reason to do heroics after gear with dailies giving you capped VP every week and rewards other than 463 gear being nonexistent.

Tanks will still do the heroic queues because of the satchels they get. I do however see your point as a healer I have very little incentive to do heroics at all because I don't need any gear, aside from bracers and legs which I'm pretty probably never going to go for again simply because they have not even dropped 1 time in the 15+ times I've been through both dungeons.

Ya, SoH are dumb being BoP and BoA won't really fix that issue for someone like myself who needs them for craftables not under any profession I have with only 2 alliance toons on my server. Go me! I'll just throw gold at my gear until I get it.