Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Americans in Okinawa.
    Keep The Beats!

  2. #222
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If you cannot take the time to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, why should I take the time to read it?

    It's not an entirely practical thing, it's more a matter of manners.
    You should read it because just because the grammar is bad doesn't mean that the point in the post is invalidated or bad.

    Well, sure, but if I misplace a comma or make another error, I'm not doing it because I'm a rude person, I probably did it because I messed up, or I didn't quite know the grammar rules for it.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    Im fine with Bicyclists on the road, its when they cut in the MIDDLE of the road, or pull out without looking, not allowing you to overtake them.

    Im a car. i am clad in metal, aluminium, rubber and other hardy materials. i weigh 1 tonne upwards. i can travel at any given time 100kph if i choose

    You are a man/women human. you are clad in light lycra or spandex sitting on a seat that is attached to a metal frame with wheels. you weigh 40kg-100 odd kg. you can travel at a maximum of hmm, what?, 50-60kph on the flat.

    Do the math if i accidentally clip you because your a doofus not looking/riding down the middle of the road lol
    If you're in the vehicle that can travel faster, it's pretty much always on you if you clip them.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  4. #224
    Also people who say "OBAMA IS A SOCIALIST/COMMUNIST/FASCIST"
    It gets old REAL fast.

  5. #225
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,523
    Accidentally shifting in to second instead of fourth.

  6. #226
    Mechagnome kamikaze148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    If you're in the vehicle that can travel faster, it's pretty much always on you if you clip them.
    Not when they block my path on the road and i try and pass them at a 30kph-40kph crawl and they wont let me pass, its there obligation to move to the side a bit so i may move past them.

    Or when they are a smaller mass and weave out of a side street without looking/thinking and i have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting them (has happened)

    I get what your saying, but its one of my ultra pet peeves. bikers that think they can take such a wide berth

  7. #227
    I am Murloc! Tiili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I don't understand how you could not notice that XD I freak the fuck out sometimes when I wake up and can't feel a limb. One time I woke up and thought my arm was gone 'cause I was in that half-retarded daze you're in when you wake up. That reminds me, if you have a bed that's practically on the ground, don't have a big black chair next to it or you might wake up and think there's a monster attacking you.
    I'm pretty much unaware of most stuff when I just wake up. Even worse if someone wakes me up instead of letting me wake up by my own. Have walked into the frame of my door in my bedroom and got a nosebleed a couple of times when I've just woken up. Takes like 1 hour for me to actually become functional after waking up.
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^

  8. #228
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    629
    the use of the word "swag" (swag is a shorten version Secretly We Are Gay) the use of "yolo"
    Iphones and the dumbasses that waste money on apple products
    Most new rap artists that ruined hip hop (I miss real hip hop )
    and what really grinds my gears elitists of every kind

  9. #229
    Brewmaster catbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    london, england
    Posts
    1,388
    the english language and its grammar are insane. as long as you can spell most words (i will often forgive for words like anaesthetic, or other long-ish uncommon words) you are fine by me.

    i finding capitalising letters to be somewhat pointless, especially when typing on a keyboard where holding shift causes a bit of wrist pain. and i'm not going to hit caps lock twice for it. are my sentences less meaningful or that much harder to read because the beginning letter is not a different case?


    as for what irks me.. hmm. apart from silly things like the word 'garbage,' i suppose one thing that happens many, many times on every single day.. people who do not indicate on a roundabout.
    cow goes moo

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    the english language its grammar are insane. as long as you can spell most words (i will often forgive for words like anaesthetic, or other long-ish uncommon words) you are fine by me.

    i finding capitalising letters to be somewhat pointless, especially when typing on a keyboard where holding shift causes a bit of wrist pain. and i'm not going to hit caps lock twice for it. are my sentences less meaningful or that much harder to read because the beginning letter is not a different case?


    as for what irks me.. hmm. apart from silly things like the word 'garbage,' i suppose one thing that happens many, many times on every single day.. people who do not indicate on a roundabout.
    Grammar NAZIs on blogs... They are some of the WORST!

  11. #231
    People in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  12. #232
    Bloodsail Admiral Devorawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,050
    The Elderly.

    Don't get me wrong, being elderly doesn't mean I hate you, but some really annoy me.

    Particularly how some believe they deserve everything because they're old. For example, I've had elderly people cut in line before for various queues, one I asked what he was doing and he responded "I've spent most of my life waiting I deserve this much at least".

    And then there was an uproar when in my area the elderly weren't allowed to use their complimentary bus pass before 9AM, suddenly outraged that they had to pay to use a public service, one that put the 9AM rule in place because the majority of their customers were the elderly riding the bus for free and on a route by route basis, they costs to keep the bus running weren't being met.

    That annoyed me. Fair enough, retire, you've lived a long and (Probably) hectic life, but don't think you own the world or have the right to be raised above those younger.

    Maybe I'm being too harsh, I don't know, but either way, it grinds my gears when I see the elderly get away with so much for no good reason, at least in my books.
    If you spend your entire life getting senpai to notice you, you'll never notice anyone else.

    2philosophical4me

  13. #233
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    You should read it because just because the grammar is bad doesn't mean that the point in the post is invalidated or bad.

    Well, sure, but if I misplace a comma or make another error, I'm not doing it because I'm a rude person, I probably did it because I messed up, or I didn't quite know the grammar rules for it.
    Yes but to those who know, it's frustrating to put more effort in to understand it. It's like someone screaming loudly in my face - I don't care if your point is valid if you are completely disrespecting me and the medium of communication. They have validity.

    Again, I think you're hung up on the idea that one person makes a slight error is the same as just absolutely trashy written posts.

    I'd say it depends on speed, if you're talking about racing style bicycles that can speed along like a car, then yes. Personally when I ride a bike I prefer to go at a leisurely pace (I don't very often), so there is 0 chance of me hitting anyone unless my reaction time is over 30seconds.
    I don't care. I want to walk on the pavement without dodging vehicles. I don't drive my car on there at 10mph and say my reaction times make it fine. Scooters can't go on there. A vehicle does not need a motor - bikes are clumsier and can really bloody hurt.

    Get on the very side of the road at all times and let people with pushchairs and pedestrians and people walking animals be safe.
    Last edited by Zhangfei; 2012-10-17 at 04:23 AM.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  14. #234
    Moderator Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    4,623
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    i finding capitalising letters to be somewhat pointless, especially when typing on a keyboard where holding shift causes a bit of wrist pain. and i'm not going to hit caps lock twice for it. are my sentences less meaningful or that much harder to read because the beginning letter is not a different case?
    The natural way for me to do it, is to actually hit caps lock before typing a capital letter and then hit it again afterwards. I type like a loon though. I use two fingers on my left hand and three on my right hand, never could get the hand of using every finger like a touch typer does.

    It's kind of an inbuilt thing for me though. It would feel unnatural for me not to use capital letters.

  15. #235
    The Lightbringer Naxere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    45.0061° N, 93.1567° W
    Posts
    3,099
    Liberals is less than ten characters, so, Liberals.

  16. #236
    Dreadlord Drekker17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Best State=Colorado :)
    Posts
    972
    1. Any person saying skinny women aren't real women.
    2. Anyone that hates on the rich being rich, shut up nothing is wrong with that.
    3. People that say I'm (or someone else is) delusion because I think I can become rich one day, really how stupid.
    4. People that kill kids. Killing people in general makes me sad, but when it's a kid I get very angry and imagine myself becoming a vigilante and killing them in the same way they killed the kid, hahaha.
    5. People that cut me off, I always get the urge to drive them off the road...lol.
    6. Broncos doing bad the first half making me sad, then suddenly doing good. They've been doing this for last 2 seasons, it's driving me crazy.
    7. Slow people at a drive thru, hello why are you here if you are going to take forever!
    8. 3 open lanes at walmart during prime shopping times, really walmart please make the commercial a reality.
    9. People that hate on SUV's.
    10. Dumb Europeans that assume everyone in US is fat, especially folks from UK, hello you're not far behind!
    I'm going to super rich one day, remember my face!!!

  17. #237
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,004
    No hockey season so far. Fuck both sides for not coming to an agreement.

  18. #238
    Turning into the wrong lane (ie: not turning into the closest lane. You may turn into one, and only one lane, even when there are more than one lanes available. It's dangerous and stupid.

    Also not turning when your turn lane is open but the other lane has cars. (Then I know you're an idiot before even turning, AND you're needlessly making others wait.)

    Not using your blinker properly.
    (quick look->blinker->long look to make sure open-> turn)
    NOT: look+turn+blinker at same time.

    If you don't blink, you're not getting in my lane. I'm not going to guess what's in your head even though I have a good idea.

    People that refuse to merge properly. It's not that they don't know how, I know they know how because somehow they passed the driver's test. Everyone knows how to merge properly. The ones that refuse to do it correctly need to be slapped. You do NOT have the right of way coming from an on-ramp. No one is required to let you in. People already on the highway are not supposed to adjust their speed AT ALL to accomodate you. It is YOUR job to find an opening and merge in by adjusting your speed. If the person already on the highway adjusts their speed, it makes it difficult and more dangerous for the person on the on-ramp to judge merging.

    Blocking traffic in the left lane. The right lane can go any speed that's legal. The left lane may not block traffic by going the same speed as the person in the right lane no matter the speed. It is the person in the left lane's job to make sure he doesn't block traffic. If that means speeding up or slowing down, then so be it.

    Braking on the highway without due cause. This also includes braking for the off-ramp before being fully on the off-ramp. You're causing every car behind you that is still on the highway to brake for no reason, creating traffic flux, and in heavier traffic areas, much problems.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 05:34 AM ----------

    Misusing the word "so" and "such" by not completing the sentance.

    ex) That's so hot ... (that?)

    "So" is a comparative adjective. You need to compare it to something else you're using it incorrectly. The word you should be using if you don't complete the sentance is most likely "very."

    ex) That's very hot. (complete sentance)

    Correct use of the word "so:"

    ex) People that misuse that word make me so angry I wish I could slap them in the head.

    Correct use of the word "such:"

    ex) These chips are such a success at the party that I'm going to make sure I buy them for every party.

    People that disrespect you by interrupting. I talk, you talk. See how that works?

    People that refuse to answer a question with a direct answer.

    People that refuse to respond to a logical argument and think they refuted the argument by bringing up something unrelated. Argument stands until disproved.

    Lack of teaching logic and reasoning in schools.

    Saying your opinion is fact when it's just an opinion and cannot yet be determined to be true or false, or it is subjective in nature.
    Last edited by cutterx2202; 2012-10-17 at 05:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    Not when they block my path on the road and i try and pass them at a 30kph-40kph crawl and they wont let me pass, its there obligation to move to the side a bit so i may move past them.

    Or when they are a smaller mass and weave out of a side street without looking/thinking and i have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting them (has happened)

    I get what your saying, but its one of my ultra pet peeves. bikers that think they can take such a wide berth
    It's still your fault if you attempt to pass them without proper space.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 07:02 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post

    Blocking traffic in the left lane. The right lane can go any speed that's legal. The left lane may not block traffic by going the same speed as the person in the right lane no matter the speed. It is the person in the left lane's job to make sure he doesn't block traffic. If that means speeding up or slowing down, then so be it.
    This really depends on the situation. Some exits need you to brake on the highway because of how short they are.

    Also, the exit only lane is the exit only lane, if there are enough people behind them to cause traffic problems due to braking, there are a lot of people who need to learn to drive.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    It's still your fault if you attempt to pass them without proper space.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 07:02 AM ----------



    This really depends on the situation. Some exits need you to brake on the highway because of how short they are.

    Also, the exit only lane is the exit only lane, if there are enough people behind them to cause traffic problems due to braking, there are a lot of people who need to learn to drive.
    Not every exit has an exit-only lane... That was referring to instances without an exit lane. Barring weather, exits are (*should have been built) to where you are not required to brake before being fully in the exit. If you feel you need to, either you're wrong and are braking too early, or the exit was built incorrectly. Traffic density does not have any factor on the person behind you's ability to drive. A person braking when they shoudn't be can have large effects on dense highway traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •