Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Dreadlord Damsbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen
    Posts
    899
    Also, a typical thing that can happend to spice up ones already crappy day. Is when you havn't slept all night, your bike-chain has fallen off, its below 0 outside so your lock is jammed too, you fight your way to the university/work only to find a note on the door "Cancelled" or "moved to 10:00 oclock". Sitting and waiting, the cantine is out of coffee, you finally get the day overwith only to find the bike you spend your morning fixing; is now stolen - and it's raining like a mofo.
    Happended yesterday, just wanted to get it out. It's really amazing that I didn't throw a tantrum.

    Also, why is it, at the grocery store - when the cashier can see the line is over 10 people long; that they dont automaticly open another registre? Why, oh why, do the customers ALWAYS have to ask them to open another one? Or does that only happen here?
    I like juice

  2. #22
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    26,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    Also, a typical thing that can happend to spice up ones already crappy day. Is when you havn't slept all night, your bike-chain has fallen off, its below 0 outside so your lock is jammed too, you fight your way to the university/work only to find a note on the door "Cancelled" or "moved to 10:00 oclock". Sitting and waiting, the cantine is out of coffee, you finally get the day overwith only to find the bike you spend your morning fixing; is now stolen - and it's raining like a mofo.
    Happended yesterday, just wanted to get it out. It's really amazing that I didn't throw a tantrum.

    Also, why is it, at the grocery store - when the cashier can see the line is over 10 people long; that they dont automaticly open another registre? Why, oh why, do the customers ALWAYS have to ask them to open another one? Or does that only happen here?
    My personal favorite is what your bike gets a flat in that situation. Now you have to take off your gloves and change the tube in the freezing cold all because some drunk asshat decided to smash a bottle of Heineken on the path.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    ...but yeah I hate people who think its fun to be 12lbs of douche in a 10lbs bag.

    LOL! Too funny man

  4. #24
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    18,339
    Neo-conservatives
    Austrian economists
    People that play flavor of the month classes
    Hackers
    People who smoke in public
    Fundamentalist religionists of any descriptions
    Chauvinists
    The South
    Bad drivers
    People that talk in movie theatres
    British Airways
    Islam
    The NRA
    PETA
    Greenpeace
    Econo-save
    PepsiCo
    Dominos Pizza
    iHop
    Holistic medicine
    Alternative medicine
    Horoscopes
    Creationists
    Pro-Lifers
    Federal republicanism
    Regressive Taxes

    To name a few.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  5. #25
    The Insane Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,963
    When i play LoL and there is one guy who ruins it for everyone. Some say elo hell doesnt exist but i disagree

  6. #26
    Elemental Lord Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,978
    People who can't drive standard, yet insist upon attempting to anyway.

  7. #27
    There's one thing in particular that makes me flip.
    The bus or train is packed with people, and there's a moron who's decided that their bag deserves a seat of it's on.
    asdsafadafad dieeeee! It's so damn rude!

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    People who drive up to the crosswalk during a red light so that pedestrians can't cross. People who break laws outside of arbitrary jaywalking. People who speed. Loud chewing. People who nearly hit pedestrians while they're crossing a crosswalk with the right of way (ie the walk signal and noise was on) because they're turning right and they expect people to sprint if they see someone turning right. People who have never played WoW and criticize it. People who lie to impress people. People who try to press their religious views on me (not hating on religion, just that group of people). People who insult me for having to wash my hands every 15 minutes. People who say I'm immoral only because I'm not religious. People who are rude. People who are stupid. People. People. People. People. PEOPLE!

    I think I may have a serious problem with people.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    This. People that just ignore facts because they choose not to believe them.
    Oh God this.
    I am American mentally, with Japanese tendencies.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by tseven View Post
    I'll add something!

    People using the word "retard" everywhere.
    People using the word "fag" and then insisting it's just a term for someone they hate...

    ....

    ....

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    People who smoke in public
    The only people like that which bug me are the ones who stand RIGHT OUTSIDE doors to smoke. Idc if its -5 outside and you want to "stay close to the warm air." Its your habit, now go freeze for it. Polite smokers I don't mind. People who try to make sure their smoke won't blow in your general direction, they stay far enough away from doors...

    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The South
    Lets not roll us all into one bag of dumbasses. Please. I know quite a few well educated, intelligent people in NC, SC, and even Arkansas. Can't speak to Texas though.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans Suikoden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    2,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    This. People that just ignore facts because they choose not to believe them.
    Well said. So many ignorant people who can't face reality...

  13. #33
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,342
    When running errands here in Greece, being send from one desk to the other, back again, and then to the other again, just to get a piece of paper to give to another desk 20 minutes away where I will be again ping-ponged between 2 or 3 desks. God I get so pissed at those bored-with-life and deflect-all-responsibility atrociously uncaring and unhelpful ladies.

  14. #34
    Pandaren Monk Klutzington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Murrica, of course.
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    packets of ketchup that you get at mcdonalds...first of all I have to ask for them in the first place...like they expect me to eat my fries dry. Then it's a miracle if you don't spill any all over your hands, and it takes for ever to open like 8 of them (which you need to satisfy 1 order of fries). And on top of all that, who knows how many tons of waste is in our land fills from that shit...why not make each packet like 3 times bigger, cause people use at least 3 anyway then there would be less trash and less hassle...or just have a damn self serve station.
    French fries are better without condiments UNLESS they are from Five Guys (w/ Heinz ketchup that ISN'T cold) or In n Out.

  15. #35
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    18,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    French fries are better without condiments UNLESS they are from Five Guys (w/ Heinz ketchup that ISN'T cold) or In n Out.
    Hrmmm, I disagree. French fries with sauce veloute, or honey mustard sauce. ;3

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Lets not roll us all into one bag of dumbasses. Please. I know quite a few well educated, intelligent people in NC, SC, and even Arkansas. Can't speak to Texas though.
    That was partially a joke, like Econo-Save for you Simpsons fans out there.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    People using the word "fag" and then insisting it's just a term for someone they hate...

    ....

    ....
    it is.
    see southpark episode.

  17. #37
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    18,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    People using the word "fag" and then insisting it's just a term for someone they hate...

    ....

    ....
    A note on the word fag.

    Like the word nigger, the only reason it is so impactful is because people allow it to have an impact.

    I am a gay male, but use the word faggot quite frequently in order to reclaim the word. I have no problem with other people using it either, because the less people take offense to it the less offensive the word becomes.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  18. #38
    Daily Quests....

    Oh wait, you mean things that annoy me.

    Daily Quests.

  19. #39
    we had people bitch at my group of friends once for using fag/retard, so we switched all words like that to the word vegan.

    Its kinda funny.

  20. #40
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    A note on the word fag.

    Like the word nigger, the only reason it is so impactful is because people allow it to have an impact.

    I am a gay male, but use the word faggot quite frequently in order to reclaim the word. I have no problem with other people using it either, because the less people take offense to it the less offensive the word becomes.
    Yay! You're part of the solution! =D
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •