Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    A note on the word fag.

Like the word nigger, the only reason it is so impactful is because people allow it to have an impact.

I am a gay male, but use the word faggot quite frequently in order to reclaim the word. I have no problem with other people using it either, because the less people take offense to it the less offensive the word becomes.
    Yay for thinking outside of the box!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Litoru View Post
    There's one thing in particular that makes me flip.
    The bus or train is packed with people, and there's a moron who's decided that their bag deserves a seat of it's on.
    asdsafadafad dieeeee! It's so damn rude!
    I fucking hate that too. Oh, you paid for two train tickets then did you? Well I'll just fucking stand here while your bag is nice and comfy. No. I just start to sit, they soon move their bag.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

People who lack empathy and think their life experiences can be used as a guide to judge the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I fucking hate that too. Oh, you paid for two train tickets then did you? Well I'll just fucking stand here while your bag is nice and comfy. No. I just start to sit, they soon move their bag.
    What if they actually did buy two tickets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    What if they actually did buy two tickets?
    Funny enough, it's never come up :P
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

A note on the word fag.

Like the word nigger, the only reason it is so impactful is because people allow it to have an impact.

I am a gay male, but use the word faggot quite frequently in order to reclaim the word. I have no problem with other people using it either, because the less people take offense to it the less offensive the word becomes.
    Still grinds my gears, because they really do hate gays and then say "oh no, it's just a term for someone who's annoying".

10+ Year Old Account
    When people don't do the "thank you" wave when you let them into traffic, especially rush hour. You could still be sitting there waiting for an opening, a little movement of your hand isn't too much to ask, is it?!

Or when people don't say "thank you" when you hold, or even open, the door for them.
    Last edited by Tikaru; 2012-10-12 at 06:23 PM.

1. People talking during lectures. I'm here because I'm trying to hear what the professor is saying. If you want to get wasted and party then go ahead and do it, and let me take my notes in peace.
    2. People going 50 mph in the fast lane or people going 80 in the slow lane. The only way to make this worse is when you have the 50 mph blockade line that occupies all lanes and prevents the rest of us from getting anywhere.
    3. "Hurr, I drive a hummer/SUV/big car, I can park in 2/3/4 spaces!" Fuck off. You can fit your car in 1 space, yet you choose to use more than 1 and prevent the rest of us from finding a parking spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    3. "Hurr, I drive a hummer/SUV/big car, I can park in 2/3/4 spaces!" Fuck off. You can fit your car in 1 space, yet you choose to use more than 1 and prevent the rest of us from finding a parking spot.
    It takes every ounce of strength to not key their car...

Deleted
    Lose and Loose

Do not know why it bothers me so much, its just such a common mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMexican View Post
    Lose and Loose

Do not know why it bothers me so much, its just such a common mistake.
    Affect vs. Effect
    There, Their, They're
    Would've and Would of
    Irregardless
    Your and You're
    I could care less

>: |
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

i grind my gear....who else is going to do it for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    - People who say they have OCD when they really just have a habbit.
    - People who feel self entitled to everything.
    - My shoes wearing out, I hate buying new shoes but both my trainers and work shoes are getting holes in them now and they both cost over $100 at the time of purchase, which was over a year ago now.
    - Heat + Humidity + Flies everywhere. Beginning to get into summer now, getting a bit hotter and the occasional fly buzzing around but soon it will be 10x worse!
    - My own inability to summon any amount of willpower to quit smoking. I hate smoking but can't stop!
    - 90% of customers at work.
    - My lazy ass boss
    - My social awkwardness and inability to hold a long conversation with all but a few people.

I could probably think of more if I sat here long enough but that'll do for now.

People who use the bathroom and then sprinkle some water over his/her hands and just walk out. ALL YOU DID WAS WET YOUR HANDS; USE FUCKING SOAP

That really grinds my gears.

Anyone driving on the same road as me.

RAAAGGGEEEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Mean/Rude people in general.
    When I'm in a hurry and people/cars are in my way.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Affect vs. Effect
    There, Their, They're
    Would've and Would of
    Irregardless
    Your and You're
    I could care less

Defiantly and Definitely
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Would've and Would of
    Unless I'm mistaken, would have. But yes agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    People who lack empathy and think their life experiences can be used as a guide to judge the world.
    This.

It annoys me that most people allow the words of strangers to impact them in such negative ways.
    People who think that spelling and grammar is a waste of time.
    People who think that spelling and grammar is the most important thing ever.
    People who think math isn't important.

Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post

Also, why is it, at the grocery store - when the cashier can see the line is over 10 people long; that they dont automaticly open another registre? Why, oh why, do the customers ALWAYS have to ask them to open another one? Or does that only happen here?
    In many places you aren't allowed to open a second register or even use one other than your own, and in many places where you are allowed you still need to count what's in the register before using it.

Boy where do i start?!

I'm sure some of these will irks those here...but here i go.

1. People with tattoos on their hands or necks and bitch about people commenting about it.

I'm in the army and we have very strict grooming standards. For a while the tattoos on the hands and neck thing went out the window because we needed more people. Now that we are sheding people the policy has changed. Those with hand or neck tattoos will have to have them removed or be put out of the army. Now i get to hear 2 of my soldiers bitch endlessly about it.

2. Gay people that constantly talk about being gay.

Look dude...i get it your gay, gotcha, can we talk about something else now? My wifes uncle is gay and thats all he and his friends talk about.

3. Inconsiderate drivers

Is it that hard to watch WTF your doing. Comon man, red means stop, green means go. If your going to turn left or right in the middle of the road to make a turn, can you use your blinkers please?

4. Hard core liberals that feel the need to pontificate

So we diagree on political points. Please don't talk down to me or treat me like i don't grasp the issues. I just disagree with you. There is a faily good chance than I have more life experence than you.

5. People that talk shit about my military service...this goes into several points

a. "military people are just from the poor that need college money"

Not nessesarily true. The military population is a slive of americana...rich poor middle class....we have it all. I joined because the prospect of sitting behind a desk for the next 40 years working for a corperation is depressing.

b. "miitary people are stupid"

so retarded its hardly worth addressing. We have smart people, average intellect people, and dumb people. Just like everywhere else

These are just 2 of the things I get to hear. I don't wanna piss myself off more so ill leave it at there and say this.

Service members are like anyone else.

6. Small dogs

Okay.......get a real dog, not a dog that looks like a cat that acts like a sugar-highed infant.

7. Fat chicks that wear revealing clothes.

GRRRRRR, if your obese please don't wear midrifts or daisy dukes, or spandex butt hugging pants. I think i speak for 99% of the male population when i say....fucking gross

8. My retarded neighboor with the Ford 350 dualie supercab with stove pipe exhaust, 3 foot lift and train horn

Dude, the gas prices are breaking your budget. You expect me to care...lol....you don't own a boat...or a trailer and live in a aparment complex. Why in the hell would you need that behemoth vehicle?

9. People that don't shower.

Nasty dude...just nasty

these are just a few.
    Last edited by Theinquisition; 2012-10-12 at 09:05 PM.