Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Slow drivers in the left lane. Seriously get out of my way because I'm coming through.
    People who ask questions that they already know the answer to. Yes I know, you hate that awkward silence, but you don't have to ask stupid questions to fill it. Chances are if there is that awkward silence I really have no interest in talking to you so just leave me alone.
    Hypocritical people. Especially the ones that are bosses / in a position of power. The ones that yell at you for doing something, when they have done the same thing.
    Grammar / spelling nazi's. I'm dyslexic, not stupid. Yeah sometimes my spelling isn't the greatest but pointing that out without commenting on what I was talking about is the exact same as saying "I know you are right but I cannot admit it so I'm just going to find something else to insult you with and argue over."
    Say what you have to say, not what you ought.
    Any truth is better than make-believe.

Things that grind my gears is when I'm back from work and log on WoW with a 1900 queue (3 hours wait time), and just because my guild/friends decide to switch server

15+ Year Old Account
    How many games I have to play and more keep coming out that I need to play as well. Haven't been on Guild Wars 2 in forever and I miss it.
    Annoying ass "turn off your cell phone" warnings in the theater, that play for 2 minutes before the movie, than advertise "hey buy this phone".
    The term cyber-bullying. It does not exist. It's simply trolling. Don't take anything person on the internet, even if you spark in interest with this person, do not share anything that can cause real life problems with you later on, ever.
    I want to become a director but it's so damn expensive, yet I'm still trying, hopefully I make it one day.
    Healthy tasteless food that cost 5 times more than regular food. "Hey eat this because "THEY" say it's good for you".
    Seriously, who the hell is they?
    Real Housewives of (insert some random ass city here).
    Movie trailers and how terrible they've become.

I'm SHOCKED no one was said "threads like these really grind my gears."

But seriously though, I hate assholes that do something and blame it on "human nature." Noooooooooooo its not human nature, humans have become accustomed to it because assholes like you do it every fucking day.

Regards to the people taking up two seats on a train with their: I feel you 100% on that one. Try taking the express Harlem Line train from Grand Central around rush hour.....rude ass people putting their tiny Prada bag on one seat while they sit in the other. THEY HAVE AN OVERHEAD BAG STORAGE AREA FOR A REASON, THE TRAINS NOT CROWDED ENOUGH FOR YA?!?!

Also people that act like hot shit on the internet (wow specifically) just because they are a failure in real life really piss me off.

10+ Year Old Account

This is all I could picture whenever I read the title of this.

OT: The thing that really gets me, are "Greek" people at my University. I know, there could be some good Fraternity/Sorority people. However, at the University of Georgia where I go, most of them are just entitled idiots who paid money to get accepted and half of them can't even formulate a complete sentence. They complain about their easy classes that they skip anyways, and just really annoy me when I am walking out of Organic Chemistry trying not to kill myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

People who need to let us know what grinds their gears.

And yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    People who think that spelling and grammar is a waste of time.
    Damn right. Even in WoW, i cannot stand people who write so bad you cannot even understand them.
    And when you tell them you couldn't figure out what they were trying to say, they reply "ooh sry mr inglish".
    MMMMFFGGGRGRGRRRRHH.

You do not care about grammar? I do not care about what you're trying to say. THAT'S IT.

(Just now a random guy asked in General: "is sha up soon?")

OT: People on my way while i drive.
    People that think they're perfect.
    People that share your life and then suddenly forget you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friction and a lack of proper lubrication.
    Putin khuliyo

Anything could grind my gears. Dissatisfaction is in the heart, and needs no culprit, though we feel more comfortable with one.

Anyone who, when confronted with conflicting evidence for their view on something, decides to discard the evidence and keep on believing whatever they think. The more you push, the more stubborn they get.

Unfortunately, I've found almost every human on earth possesses this trait to a degree, so I end up hating most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

This thread title. "things that grinds your gear." It feels like nails on a chalkboard or the unzipping of velcro when I read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grinding rep for bits of gear.

Oh you.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    People who stop at non-existant stop signs. For real. We have a 3 way stop with oncoming traffic (my traffic) having right-of-way. Idiot in front of me stops and is waving cars to turn and go through the intersection. Really??
    people driving is the worst, totally. 90-something granddad doing 22 in a 35 zone, coming to a complete stop before making a right-hander into the McDonald's (and nothing in their way, so don't gimme that), pulling out of their driveway without looking so YOU have to stop to avoid smashing into THEM, it just never ends...

two specific things came to mind, also involving being on the road (that list above is stuff I've seen repeatedly):

1. I was walking home from work the other night (fml) and it was about 12:45. you know the time of night, most traffic lights are on 4-way flashing reds or yellows so as not to impede the one driver per twenty minutes. well, the lights in my area of the city don't do that, apparently we hate progress around here. so I see a car pull up to the red light on the street I'm starting to cross (I have the right-of-way and all that) and he waits maybe a second before just gunning it and blowing through the red light. NORMALLY I'd find no fault with him, but I happened to be in the street, and had I been someone with slow reflexes (I'm kind of paranoid) I'd have been road pancakes. I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but it really felt at the time like he was trying to run me down or something...

2. on a recent grocery run, we were turning left, had the turn arrow and all that. the oncoming traffic (I think) has a no-turn-on-red sign (just not 100% sure right now) well that wasn't good enough for this woman. turned right, directly in front of us, then proceeded to drive 5 miles under the limit for the entire section of road we wound up having to follow. if anything would make you wish for 007-style machine guns mounted to your hood...

also, leaving the road behind us for a moment... people! when you go to Burger King, and you get to the front of the line, and you stand there with your mouth hanging open going "uh... um... I guess I'll have... hang on..." I think there should be a law that justifies homicide. you've had the last 20 minutes waiting in line, maybe you should have read the menu board 8 times DURING THAT 20 MINUTES!!!!! not to mention, let's get real, it's Burger King. the menu isn't anything more complicated than the toys made for preschoolers. choosing between a Whopper and a Chicken Tendergrill shouldn't be that hard for you.
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

As a teenager I can say about 75% of the people I have met. All that YOLO shit, weed smoking, party is the life, fuck the school, smoking is for the cool kidz, drinking all day, all that kind of shit, I hate it. People that are like that simply piss me off, I feel that someone else would deserve the life they're throwing away.

The other thing I hate is when people play loud music openly on speakers in a public room. Not everyone wants to listen to your stupid LMFAO music or w/e they're called. I don't disregard other people's music taste by playing Megadeth on those speakers either.

Another one is people that complain that their life sucks because THEY WANT IT TO SUCK. They want the attention and that half-emo style going on. Not our fucking problem that you don't want to like living.

And if we're talking the internet here, then people that don't want to learn english. You might be proud of being able to talk Spanish, Russian, Polish or French, but please, english really isn't that hard. It's okay if they're having a hard time learning it, and it doesn't need to be 100% correct, but when they don't want to learn it, that's where I'm getting pissed.

In short, people that are in general stupid, ignorant and lacks respect for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Anyone who, when confronted with conflicting evidence for their view on something, decides to discard the evidence and keep on believing whatever they think. The more you push, the more stubborn they get.

Unfortunately, I've found almost every human on earth possesses this trait to a degree, so I end up hating most people.
    This too, I have a friend who I really like and see pretty much every day. However, if he has made up his mind, nothing will ever change it. We often discuss Warcraft lore, and if he thinks that Illidan is called Illidan Shadowblade and not Stormrage, it is that fucking way, no matter if I show it to him in-game. So yeah, Illidan Shadowblade it is. I've just begun to shoo it off by now, I don't really feel like being pissed on one of my best friends tbh.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-10-13 at 09:26 PM.

Deleted
    When I meet a jerk.
    When I meet a jerk but one of my close friends/relatives likes them.
    When someone keeps using crappy memes.
    When there's a car parked on the sidewalk and you have to walk on the street.
    When there's a car parked right, but between the space from it to a fence or something a person has stopped to check their messages or who called them or just to talk with their buddy. Bonus points if they stop right when I'm less then 2 meters behind them.
    When a car parks right in front of me, taking its sweet time to pull it right and you can't pass because of it.
    When I hear someone listening to manele.
    When I see a beggar and look at their shoes and they're better then mine yet their hat/box is full of money (annoys me to see how stupid people are).
    When politicians just talk of how bad the other politicians are instead of doing stuff for the people and shutting up.
    When my follower in Skyrim keeps talking over other npcs, Mjoll for example, I like her personality but I'm kind of tired of hearing how she misses her father when a jarl is telling me of future events.

There's more, but it's late and I'm getting tired. I calm easily, but it's things like this that annoy me. Some annoy me for a few minutes, others for hours or days. But in the end I realize it's not worth it (except second case I mentioned, where I try to do something).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    When there's a car parked on the sidewalk and you have to walk on the street.
    Ah, so you too live in Bucharest. No worries, there is a reason so many cars have scratch marks on the doors. Hahahahahahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nengal View Post
    People who use the bathroom and then sprinkle some water over his/her hands and just walk out. ALL YOU DID WAS WET YOUR HANDS; USE FUCKING SOAP

That really grinds my gears.
    To be fair, the cleanest thing in any public bathroom is probably going to be your dick...

Deleted
    Nothing, I guess. The things that matter doesn't work to get riled up about most of the times and the things that don't matter ain't worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    People that play head games with me. Just grow the fuck up and speak what is on your mind instead of talking in riddles and not telling me what you really mean. Same goes for women that play "hard to get" I have no time for that bullshit at all.

Also, people that are not punctual. CAN'T STAND IT.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    People that play head games with me. Just grow the fuck up and speak what is on your mind instead of talking in riddles and not telling me what you really mean. Same goes for women that play "hard to get" I have no time for that bullshit at all.

Also, people that are not punctual. CAN'T STAND IT.
    The worst is when you're forced to interact with someone (such as a coworker), and you are actively watching them fuck with you, but you can't say shit. Test of patience, for sure.