Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hmmm, people using "gay" or "homo" as an insult is probably one of them.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ignorance, that pisses me off more than anything else. i would back up my claims with facts and he would go im right, your wrong.

drives me crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Trash talk annoys me, its just a pointless waste of breath since most people can't back it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    That's what I'm saying, I'm saying that you should correct them if the receiver has to "figure out" your writing. When the post is clear enough that you can easily understand what is being conveyed, on the Internet, there is no reason to correct them. How much longer did it take you to get through my posts with the myriad of grammatical errors? Probably not at all, because while I made several grammar mistakes, you can understand what I'm typing.
    Myriad of errors? I didn't really see anything apart from stylistic differences lulz
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

15+ Year Old Account
    People that use the same t-shirt at work for like 3-4 days and just REEKS of sweat and old deodorant, spraying deodorant over 3 days old sweat dosnt make it better, just 5 times as bad ><
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

You America. @#$% YOU. (reference to something, not actual hate)

Intruding people.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    packets of ketchup that you get at mcdonalds...first of all I have to ask for them in the first place...like they expect me to eat my fries dry. Then it's a miracle if you don't spill any all over your hands, and it takes for ever to open like 8 of them (which you need to satisfy 1 order of fries). And on top of all that, who knows how many tons of waste is in our land fills from that shit...why not make each packet like 3 times bigger, cause people use at least 3 anyway then there would be less trash and less hassle...or just have a damn self serve station.
    SUCK IT! we have ketchup on a tap, thats right, a FRIKEN TAP in our macdonalds, help yourself all day long no charge!

The thing that springs to mind, is that I can't do my assignment work or essays in my student accommodation, I have no desk, and a chair that makes my back worse and ache more than ever before,

Oh also, most English accent, and South Wales Accents
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    To be fair, the cleanest thing in any public bathroom is probably going to be your dick...
    This is true.

If dicks were deadly, there wouldn't be a prostitution problem in the world.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Litoru View Post
    There's one thing in particular that makes me flip.
    The bus or train is packed with people, and there's a moron who's decided that their bag deserves a seat of it's on.
    asdsafadafad dieeeee! It's so damn rude!
    I do that. But not to be rude. Some people has SAD (social anxiety disoder). But they might still have to use a public transportation. Because they need to get to meetings and dont have a drivers license. And they use the bag to barricade themselves, because its already hard enough to be around people. but having a random person sit that close to you can cause panic attacks and trigger other things. But yeah most of the time its just jerks that are too lazy to put thier bags away.

Some that REALLY annoy me is when I get home my family hasnt done anything and as soon as I get into the kitchen they ask if im gonna make food. Such a stupid question when I get home 9pm from a long day at work. when they cant even do the damn dishes!
    Last edited by Shadowater; 2012-10-14 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there's one thing that REALLY grinds my gear, then it would be the type of classmates I have. Not following the education during class, sitting on facebook 24/7 in school, leeching off (assignment-wise) other students because "I didn't have time to do it".. Don't have time to do it my as*. What's to expect from people sitting on facebook, listening to youtube or talking about gossip all day long? I expect them to actually study to gain something from the time used in school, rather than them using the school as an excuse to their parents for doing things they could've done in their spare time. If only something or someone would knock some sense into them.. But that aren't going to happen, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Myriad of errors? I didn't really see anything apart from stylistic differences lulz
    I think maybe our definition of mistake/error are different. People tell me I have bad grammar because of how excessively I use commas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think maybe our definition of mistake/error are different. People tell me I have bad grammar because of how excessively I use commas.
    Like I said, that's more a stylistic difference. You do use them perhaps a little too frequently but I associate that with your thought process, rather than you misusing commas in confusing ways.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    I don't know what you thought I meant. I'm speaking for people in the United States whose first language is English. Of course if English is not your first language, then w/e; however, I cannot stand it when people know English as their first language and cannot use at least spell check. (Even at the age of 35, no less).
    Non-English speaker: Sorry for my English.. working on it.
    English speaker: Is cul. No1s prfct

I’ve always wondered do people who tyep liek d1s write like that in essays at school?

Imagine the face of teacher who has to read essays that go like this
    I liek du go wif mah BFFz at mal cuz dey b co0l. Iz da plc 2 b mks mi hapi. I cri everteim.

As for the topic:
    I guess this is sort of "controversial" and hated topic, which is kinda sad, but sigh..

Lazy "skinnyfats" thinking they are super-healthy just because their weight versus like chubby guy who is mildly active.
    No, actually being chubby is as unhealthy as being skinnyfat if both have sedentary lifestyle and eat same food.
    Seriously, "fatness" doesnt instantly make you have huge life-threatening threats to your health. Its the things that make you overweight that are usually the blame. Sedentary lifestyle, alcohol(lots of calories), bad food(junkfood, LOTS of fats/sugar etc). If you are on "normal bmi" but still do that, its as unhealthy as being "overweight bmi" and doing that.
    It doesnt mean everyone does that too if they are chubby..maybe they changed, maybe they just eat lot but good quality..etc. Just being active, you know?

But nah. People seem to think that being lazy gives them the right to feel good about themselves and say "well you are disgusting, put the food away fattie" and claim its "just worrying about their health :-)"

I'm not talking about plus-size or obese here tho. And skinnyfat = high bodyfat but low weight. No exercise etc.

ALSO when people use term fat so so broadly. What does that even mean?
    Chubby? Plus-size? Like extra large? The ones that cant move without motorized carts?
    Its annoying when someone, guy 1, calls "fats disgusting whales" but actually wouldnt notice if guy2 next to them is overweight and guy1 means plus-sized people as "fat"..
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2012-10-15 at 12:45 AM.

Social networking. You don't really have 800 friends, 795 of them would stab you in the back for $20. The privacy rights willingly given up by especially Facebook users is staggering.

While I don't use Facebook personally, thanks to Blizzard's embrace of the idea of social networking, I had to remove everyone from my b.net friends list because I didn't necessarily want everyone knowing when I was online. Maybe I want to spend 10 minutes blowing off some steam in a battleground or checking my auctions, but thanks to this crap I can't do that without making a half hour of smalltalk with a bunch of people I don't want to be bothered with.

Same thing with forced guilding in WoW - if you aren't in a guild you get spammed constantly with long, intrusive whispers and of course, it's hard to give up the perks. I joined a random lvl 25 guild and turned off guild chat and guild achievement announce. Now I only get notifications when members join, leave, or get pro/de-moted - that's under "system messages", and turning that off turns off a lot of other stuff I do want to see x_x I think my guild was trying to be social with me, I got a few group invites one week, and thanks to elvui I ended up autoaccepting them since I had not changed that setting from its default >_< Had to alt-f4 that time.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say I can't attend something because of health issues, but I don't specify. I wish I had a hammer every time someone starts the whole "A healthy 20something like you? You can do this! What's wrong, anyway? Can't be that bad!"-monologue. Listen dear kødd, I have a shopping list with me to the pharmacy, and you see me rubbing my thighs and flinching randomly in pain every other time we hang out. YES it is that bad, YES I usually smile just to avoid ruining your day, and when *I* say I need an evening off, your job is to say "Okay" and start talking about anything else at all. Understood? No? Fuck off.

Also, when people add random accents to their character names. Only on my server I've seen three different versions of Arthas (2 DKs and a Pally) that can only be pulled off in Denmark and Norway. If you don't know what you name your character, and you don't care, do the following: Smash your head into the keyboard, add/remove random letters until you can pronounce the name. D-O-N-E!
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2012-10-15 at 03:34 AM. Reason: spelling, typos, grammar and gremlins.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    I say I can't attend something because of health issues, but I don't specify. I wish I had a hammer every time someone starts the whole "A healthy 20something like you? You can do this! What's wrong, anyway? Can't be that bad!"-monologue. Listen dear kødd, I have a shopping list with me to the pharmacy, and you see me rubbing my thighs and flinching randomly in pain every other time we hang out. YES it is that bad, YES I usually smile just to avoid ruining your day, and when *I* say I need an evening off, your job is to say "Okay" and start talking about anything else at all. Understood? No? Fuck off.
    i totally agree. i am very young also and have chronic pain all over my body. the worst part is that people cant SEE it so they dont believe it. every day things are excruciating (even things like putting away the dishes). and all the time i get people that try to tell me its not that bad, get over it, quit being lazy, etc. and it just makes me want to hit them in the face.
    Ruffles have ridges!....and so do Klingons.

Deleted
    People that walk slow infront of me, People that when they are paying for their groceries takes 5 minutes to count their money.
    Everything that waste my time due to other people drives me nuts.. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I'm saying, I'm saying that you should correct them if the receiver has to "figure out" your writing. When the post is clear enough that you can easily understand what is being conveyed, on the Internet, there is no reason to correct them. How much longer did it take you to get through my posts with the myriad of grammatical errors? Probably not at all, because while I made several grammar mistakes, you can understand what I'm typing.
    If you cannot take the time to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, why should I take the time to read it?

It's not an entirely practical thing, it's more a matter of manners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    When you wake up and attempt to roll out of bed, not noticing your arm is still asleep and accidentally slap yourself across the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding another one. People who assume that every American or at least the majority of Americans are lesser people than Europeans.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 10:32 AM ----------

Why the numbers 16-20?
    They are the nameless legions.
    Their failure halted the empire.
    They alone are the reason we speak English and not Latin.