Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    They are the nameless legions.
    Their failure halted the empire.
    They alone are the reason we speak English and not Latin.
    If you want to be technical we do have a lot of Latin in our language, via French.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The fact that the name of this thread is grammatically incorrect.

My university

I just received an email that they got my course list for my study abroad and confirmed it.

WTF? I never forwarded my list to them, as I am not finished picking my desired courses so far. Whose course list do they think they have?!
    Now I have to, again, run after them and fix their mess... Talk about being a big business oriented university when you have such an incompetent management...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I try not to let my jimmies get rustled by things, but there's a lot of irritating shit that people do when driving that really gets under my skin. STOP DRIVING SO FUCKING SLOW ASSHOLES!
    I get annoyed when people drive 5-10mph under the speed limit, especially when its only a 30, i was following a car thru my village the other day, a 30 limit, doing 20 mph, slowing down to about 15mph up the hills >_<, *luckily* when we got to the 60mph at the end of the village she didn't speed up at all, so was very easy to over take ^__^

I get annoyed when people drive 10-20 km/h over the speed limit and constantly kiss my cars butt, yet fail to see that the street is either very unclear and unpredictable, or that I am driving a fully loaded pickup with fragile cargo and do not want my shit to get destroyed.

Sorry Kipling, but have you ever thought about the use of driving "faster" than the speed limit? I do not blame you, I was once driving the exactly the same... always at least 10-20 km/h faster because FUCK YEAH that's why.

But once you see that the car that you just left behind you closes up and stands right next to you at the next traffic light, you begin to wonder why the fuck you even bothered speeding up, risking 1) a fine and 2) not being able to react in time in a dangerous situation.

What grinds my gears is when people don't use fucking common sense. And dirty people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    A note on the word fag.

Like the word nigger, the only reason it is so impactful is because people allow it to have an impact.

I am a gay male, but use the word faggot quite frequently in order to reclaim the word. I have no problem with other people using it either, because the less people take offense to it the less offensive the word becomes.
    another note on the word fag.

It's also used as a synonym for ciggaret.

Immigrants who come to my country and live of welfare commiting crime with no interest of learning the language or getting a job. I know of people who lived 20 years in Norway and don't know the language OR has a job

Get. the. fuck. OUT!

Otherkin, just, otherkin. I remain baffled, angry and slightly gassy.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

People using "Special Snowflake".
    I find it gay, not offensive xbox 12 year old "gay", but half naked guy that rolled on glitter holding a MLP doll while being sprinkled by other guys, gay.
    It's so gay it hurts even gay people.

Oooh, I have a few.

A group of people walking side by side on a sidewalk, thus preventing other people from passing. It would be nice if they realized that foot traffic has to flow both ways.

Bicyclists that ride on the road, when there is a perfectly good sidewalk right next to the road.

People who can't throw out their trash when they are done eating at a fast food type place.

People that don't bother trying to be kind to others =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag1588 View Post
    Oooh, I have a few.

A group of people walking side by side on a sidewalk, thus preventing other people from passing. It would be nice if they realized that foot traffic has to flow both ways.

Bicyclists that ride on the road, when there is a perfectly good sidewalk right next to the road.

People who can't throw out their trash when they are done eating at a fast food type place.

People that don't bother trying to be kind to others =/
    Bicycles are vehicles - it's far more dangerous for them to be on the pavement than on the road, and in the UK it's actually illegal. I actually think them being on the pavement is the most infuriating and dangerous thing.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I run out of shows to watch.
    When people think Girls' Generation are Japanese.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Bicycles are vehicles - it's far more dangerous for them to be on the pavement than on the road, and in the UK it's actually illegal. I actually think them being on the pavement is the most infuriating and dangerous thing.
    I'd say it depends on speed, if you're talking about racing style bicycles that can speed along like a car, then yes. Personally when I ride a bike I prefer to go at a leisurely pace (I don't very often), so there is 0 chance of me hitting anyone unless my reaction time is over 30seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    When you wake up and attempt to roll out of bed, not noticing your arm is still asleep and accidentally slap yourself across the face.
    I hate when limbs are asleep. Especially legs. Sit up in bed with feet on floor. Don't notice you don't feel anything in one leg because you just woke up, get up from bed and then find yourself stumbling because you can't really walk.

I've had a concussion because of that once.

It really depends on how fast they're going and where they are. You cause more danger by cycling at 10-15 MPH in the road than you do on a wide sidewalk. Now, if you're cycling pretty fast, then yeah you should be in the road, even if you're only at 30 in a 40 MPH zone.

More stuff that annoys me: When people think "speed limit" means "speed requirement" and that everybody must drive at or higher than the speed limit at all times.
    Tailgating is probably in the top 5 in my list.
    People who drive slower in the left lane than the rest of traffic. I mean, I get not wanting to speed, but you shouldn't be in that lane if the other lanes are speeding past you. This goes double for car pool lanes. The point of a car pool lane is to allow people who have passengers to go faster. If you aren't going to go faster than the rest of traffic, you don't need to be in that lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I hate when limbs are asleep. Especially legs. Sit up in bed with feet on floor. Don't notice you don't feel anything in one leg because you just woke up, get up from bed and then find yourself stumbling because you can't really walk.

I've had a concussion because of that once.
    I don't understand how you could not notice that XD I freak the fuck out sometimes when I wake up and can't feel a limb. One time I woke up and thought my arm was gone 'cause I was in that half-retarded daze you're in when you wake up. That reminds me, if you have a bed that's practically on the ground, don't have a big black chair next to it or you might wake up and think there's a monster attacking you.

Im fine with Bicyclists on the road, its when they cut in the MIDDLE of the road, or pull out without looking, not allowing you to overtake them.

Im a car. i am clad in metal, aluminium, rubber and other hardy materials. i weigh 1 tonne upwards. i can travel at any given time 100kph if i choose

You are a man/women human. you are clad in light lycra or spandex sitting on a seat that is attached to a metal frame with wheels. you weigh 40kg-100 odd kg. you can travel at a maximum of hmm, what?, 50-60kph on the flat.

Do the math if i accidentally clip you because your a doofus not looking/riding down the middle of the road lol

Rude people in general, you can disagree with one's view of things, but don't be an ass about it.

Deleted
    Didactic
    i made this account just to reply to your first post.
    You are 100% correct, seriously im not gay but I would be gay for you!! never agreed with anyone more

Americans in Okinawa.
    Keep The Beats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If you cannot take the time to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, why should I take the time to read it?

It's not an entirely practical thing, it's more a matter of manners.
    You should read it because just because the grammar is bad doesn't mean that the point in the post is invalidated or bad.

Well, sure, but if I misplace a comma or make another error, I'm not doing it because I'm a rude person, I probably did it because I messed up, or I didn't quite know the grammar rules for it.