Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    In-game movies =/= cinematics. Cinematics are the pretty things where everything looks almost real and it's all rendered to perfection.

    "Only players will know the difference". What do we give a shit about who doesn't know the difference? A worgen in body armour ripping pandaren throats left and right, now there's some Warcraft shit as we haven't seen for a while.

    Why should their appear briefly? They're one of the most interesting races to see on screen.

    And I don't think there was really any problem about the human handing a stick to the orc, I think the problem was that the pandaren actually survived after. A fat piece of blubber with no real weapons or fighiting experience beats a battle-hardened human captain and orc with HAND combat.

  2. #22
    Brewmaster dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,353
    Go gnome or go home. They just need a cut scene of my DK gnome flexing because his milkshake brings all the.....er...never mind.

  3. #23
    Old God adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    10,625
    Because gnomes are embarrassing

  4. #24
    I don't recall people reacting as violently to gnomes as they did to pandaren. Your argument is so invalid it hurts.

  5. #25
    High Overlord Tazienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hibernation Cave
    Posts
    139
    OP must have never actually started a Worgen or Goblin. They each have 2 or 3 cinematic clips during their opening questlines. I particularly remember the Gobby one where you see him shake his head and his big ears wag, and the Worgen one where they all burst in through the windows in a very badass-ish type manner.

    As for Gnomes, I'll give you that one. They haven't really had anything, even their new starting quests are done through in game models. But, honestly, there are not that many gnome players and when they do finally getting around to putting one in one of the movies, you know the ones who demanded it aren't going to be happy because it won't be a long enough scene, or the gnome will be presented in a comic relief type manner, or whatever. So what's the rush there really?
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast


  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I don't recall people reacting as violently to gnomes as they did to pandaren. Your argument is so invalid it hurts.
    They were always target of jokes and some people, myself included, considered them non-canon. Unfortunately, Golden had to ruin it with that piece of shit girl in her latest book.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They were always target of jokes and some people, myself included, considered them non-canon. Unfortunately, Golden had to ruin it with that piece of shit girl in her latest book.
    You mean Jaina Proudmoore, the human character we see from the first mission of the human campaign in Warcraft 3, who helps stave Archimonde from reaching the World Tree?

    Also, those some people, yourself included, can all gather together on Pandaria and be launched into the sun, alongside with pandaria, for the good of Warcraft, and for science.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    You mean Jaina Proudmoore, the human character we see from the first mission of the human campaign in Warcraft 3, who helps stave Archimonde from reaching the World Tree?
    No, that stupid gnome girl that hillariously fallen appart after the explosion. By introducing a gnome as a character in a book, gnomes were permanently sealed as a canon part of warcraft universe.

  9. #29
    So you're one of those idiots who think lore should exists in books you pay extra outside a game and now actually inside the game itself?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    So you're one of those idiots who think lore should exists in books you pay extra outside a game and now actually inside the game itself?
    You said that, not me. I just say that thanks to that book, gnomes are now considered canon. Unfortunately. They were never before mentioned as part of a major event.

  11. #31
    Right, because what sense does it make to showcase the new race of the expansion in the expansion's cinematic.

    ...

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Right, because what sense does it make to showcase the new race of the expansion in the expansion's cinematic.

    ...
    I know right, just like goblins and worgens were showcased - not finishing that sentence.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    That aside, Gnomes, one of the Alliance's most important race (gunships, steam tanks, all its siege explosive capabilities) have been eluded the longest, and they need their moment to shine.
    Fun fact: The dwarves so far have provided far more military tech to the world/alliance than the gnomes have. Dwarves invented guns, steam tanks as well as the now widely used Gyro-copters (Dwarves improved upon the gnomish-flying machines)

    The ingenious dwarven engineers, taking a nod from their inventive gnomish cousins (Gnomish flying machine), constructed the ultimate airborne scout vehicle. The gyrocopters are small but versatile flying machines that can cover great distances at speed and evade enemy ground forces. Though the contraptions are somewhat rickety, they are armed with mounted cannons and bombs, and piloted by the daring — if not insane — dwarven pilot corps.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Fun fact: The dwarves so far have provided far more military tech to the world/alliance than the gnomes have. Dwarves invented guns, steam tanks as well as the now widely used Gyro-copters (Dwarves improved upon the gnomish-flying machines)
    Lies and anti gnomish propaganda. They just distracted gnome who made Gyro-copter with something shiny and stole it.
    Skinning a bear should aggro every bears in a 40 yard radius. It makes sense, you are actually skinning their best friend.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You said that, not me. I just say that thanks to that book, gnomes are now considered canon. Unfortunately. They were never before mentioned as part of a major event.
    Despite the fact they have a dungeon, a racial leader, were apart of the Alliance back in WC2, had half a patch dedicated to them, their own origin story as told in WOTLK, etc. That is a lot of in game lore for a non canon race that you can play. So are the Draenei non canon as well?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •