Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4chan sends death threats to Smiley creator

So 4chan (mostly the board /b/) has sent death threats to the creator of the film Smiley and his relatives, even his dog.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/socia...n-horror-movie

What does MMO Champion think of this? I for one think its wrong to use 4chan as a big event in their plot. Its to dumb.
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

Would you expect anything less from 4chan users?
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

butthurt dwellers being butthurt dwellers

Deleted
    Your acting like that movie is an improbability.
    Adding to that its just a publicity stunt.

like anyone on 4chan would be even remotely pissed by the statement "THERES PROBABLY A NOLIFE SERIAL KILLER ON 4CHAN", my guess is there are multiple :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's wrong to send death threats and spam someones cousin/parents/girlfriend with 40 messages a minute because you don't like a movie.

4chan is an imageboard.
    You should get your facts straight.

This blaming 4chan shit is ridiculous. It's random shithead kids making these threats.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

4chan is riddled with morons, no surprise there.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Reeks of publicity stunt to me.

Deleted
    I don't know about this, doesn't really sound like anons... Not that they don't do this kinda shit but there's always a very valid reason, this doesn't seem to be it.

Deleted
    I don't understand why they are angry by it, they should be, kinda, happy that they even appeared in a movie or that got a reference in the movie.

Oh well, you can't please everyone, but some 4chan /b/ people, went over their heads. :/

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    "The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

Just sayin'
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I'm surprised.

"By choosing to make 4chan / Anonymous the villain in this micro-budget slasher flick, the wrath of those collectives are aimed at director Michael Gallagher."

Stupid crap like that is the equivalent of taking a bee hive and just shaking it.

Deleted
    It sounds like the producer just wants attention so people would watch his dumb ass movie.

Publicity stunt.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Well, they -are- an internet hate machine

The only problem I have is the tweet of the directors in the article that claims the movie is art.

Deleted
    Yellow press interprets as they wont. I could I'm going to kill the poster above me and someone make it as "MMO-Champion users making death threats"

10+ Year Old Account
    What message board does basically everyone currently on the internet at least know the name of?

if that movie were about a demented killer on MMO-Champion, do you thin people would pay attention?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about right.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!