Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help with Onyx Eggs

Anyone know a good addon that can help me track Onyx Eggs a little easier? I use GatherMate_2 but it can only see eggs that I recently picked up... Is there an import or something I can put in it to help me out?

Thank you in advance!

You can look up the Onxy Egg on WoWhead, someone posted TomTom Waypoints for those eggs. I tried to use it, but due the different heights the eggs can spawn I found it not really helpful.
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Thank you guys!

Someone posted a map here a while back when I did my egg hunt on my shaman. Just fly to all the known spawn locations a couple of times and you'll memorize a route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies 2 weeks - faster time overall.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I would just stick to the dailies, the eggs are getting camped 24/7 and with the nerf to the spawn it makes it not worth wasting your time on looking for them.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Unless you plan on sitting on top of eggs spawns 24/7, I wouldn't worry about doing more than one pass while working on dailies. I've been working on them for 2 weeks, seen one egg. I used to look several times a day, but with the nerfed drop rates, it's not worth the time sink. Battered Hilt 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Unless you plan on sitting on top of eggs spawns 24/7, I wouldn't worry about doing more than one pass while working on dailies. I've been working on them for 2 weeks, seen one egg. I used to look several times a day, but with the nerfed drop rates, it's not worth the time sink. Battered Hilt 2.0
    I know this is a bump, but if anyone is looking up info on Onyx Eggs and stumbles upon this do not listen to this. you simply need to know where to look and when to look. late nights, early mornings etc. if you have the patience and dedication you'll find them. I've gotten about 30 over the past 2 days, roughly 3 1/2 hours of total playtime. it is definitely not as bad as people say, unless you are on a high population server.

Quote Originally Posted by trilog View Post
    I know this is a bump, but this is wrong. you simply need to know where to look and when to look. late nights, early mornings etc. if you have the patience and dedication you'll find them. I've gotten about 30 over the past 2 days, roughly 3 1/2 hours of total playtime.
    Im on a low-mid pop server and even early in the morning, like 3-5am there are people looking for the eggs.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    but with the nerfed drop rates, it's not worth the time sink. Battered Hilt 2.0
    I was in PoS first time since LK, Soloing for Transmog gear and 30 seconds in. What do you know Battered hilt.. I can now finally do the quest line 2 expansions later.

I got my eggs on the 2nd day of the expansion, 40 eggs in under an hour nobody was farming them ftw!

I got my eggs fairly fast but i was one of the 1st ones out there...
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

i recommend doing the dailys for 2 weeks straight, and u will be exalted. No eggcamping involved.

Deleted
    Importing GatherMate 2 data definitely helps. Even if it doesn't give you the spawn's altitude, you can guess where the egg would be by comparing the map to the terrain : I just had a lucky streak last morning (9 eggs at 7 am) and the eggs were very easy to see (since they're rather large) and in fairly obvious places if you look at the map.

As far as I know these things tend to be all or nothing, patrol for them once or twice at the beginning and end of your dailies, but if you don't see anything the first time around, don't expect too much. But I suggest you always try regardless, I did once find 4 of them in a row at 7 pm at "rush hour".

And anyway, the Cloud Serpent dailies are short, rather fun and give plenty of rep, so unless you're REALLY in a hurry, I wouldn't recommend camping these...

YOu don't really need an add on. I started this tonight for the first time finally. I saw on google the main spawn points, which are 3 of the top cliffs. I got my instant cast flying broom stick and got to it.

I managed to find one egg every 15-20 minutes. After 2 hours and 45 minutes, I had 10 eggs. 5500 rep! I am almost revered on my first day of rep, about 70% into it.

Just keep in mind most of the eggs wont be hidden under bushes completely, they're pretty easy to see so dont spend too much time searching up close under stuff. You can also see eggs down on the ground from up there at the same time, so no need to fly down and check.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 03:57 AM ----------

BTW, something about hunting eggs, the level of feedback I get from just the right sense of effort paid for reward, coupled with the competition of other people hunting eggs, coupled with the super fast sense of movement as I zoomed around the islands very fast like superman on a broom,... it put me in a flow state I haven't felt in a video game in about 7 years. I was addicted, just like a gambler. My back and neck ached, an hour felt like 20 mins, my eyes burned, I was slack jawed, breathing like a zen master in a trance, endorphins pumping from the carrot on a stick, by the time I had 10 eggs I felt wiped out. I can't wait to try this when I've had sleep and when everyone on the server is gone at a late hour.
    Last edited by Yig; 2012-10-29 at 08:57 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    You know how i managed exalted in the first week? Waited up until server maintenance was done (only a short 2 hour one), and logged in and flew round. Looted 11 in about 2 minutes which was more than enough to finish up the last part of rep. This doesn't work with plain restarts, but it does work with maintenance as they have time to respawn. It's inconvenient yes, but it's the only real way of guaranteeing them.
    I can actually confirm that they do spawn after server restarts. I've gotten eggs on more than one occasion straight after a server restart, only 2 each times though, since there were other people there with the same idea as me >.<

After getting ten in 2 and a half hours, I took a few hours break. Came back around an hour ago, got 7 eggs in 5 minutes!
    I've gone from nothing to revered in one day.

But now I've gone a whole hour without one egg, the longest I've gone is 20 minutes before.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

OMG! Only about 24 hours and I managed to go from nothing to exalted! I thought this was only possible before the egg nerf. I'm an egg hunting machine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here, literally the second pull Solo in PoS and the hilt dropped. We used to have trash runs and i just gave up and considered it another Ashes Of Alar.