Deleted

Help with macro.

Hello, i would appreciate some help with this macro idea i have if its possible to make
    So this is what i want it to do.
    1.cast demo banner without having to click keybind and mouse click.
    2.target it and intervene/safeguard
    3.Target previous target

Thanks !

It's not possible to make a macro simulate the mouse click. Bit you can just put /cast [target=Demoralizing Banner] Safeguard. To intervene to your banner without losing your current target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimp View Post
    It's not possible to make a macro simulate the mouse click. Bit you can just put /cast [target=Demoralizing Banner] Safeguard. To intervene to your banner without losing your current target.
    i just thought i saw a thread where they did a heroic leap without having to mouse click, just hold the mouse where u want to leap and click keybind

No, that was using a program which is against the rules.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Ok, so would this work?
    /cast Demoralizing Banner
    /cast [target=Demoralizing Banner] Safeguard

And is there a way to make the macro use Mocking banner if Demo banner is on cd ?
    Last edited by mmoc377bf2fdd1; 2012-10-12 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    If you use any hardware that comes with macroing software, you can do this pretty easily. I'm sure autohotkey would work as well, which mutiboxers use all the time. As long as you don't do any serious botting with it, I doubt you'll get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimp View Post
    @ (target=) only works with UnitIDs, and I'm not sure if banners count. It's usually just people in your party/raid or specific frames (focus, target, targettarget, etc). You would probably need to do something like this:

Code:
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /cast Safeguard
    /targetlasttarget
    The full macro could look something like this:
    Code:
    /cleartarget
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /cast [mod] Demoralizing Banner; Intervene
    /targetlasttarget
    Holding a mod will give you the demo banner, no mod will Intervene to it. It maintains your current target. You should set the simulated click to go off in addition to the hotkey+mod itself if you press the hotkey when a mod of your choice is held down. You could go one step further and completely automate it, but I'm not going to detail that here. Pretty easy stuff.

It should work pretty well by itself, but you can figure out the specifics of the simulated click part on your own pretty easily.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suff View Post
    And is there a way to make the macro use Mocking banner if Demo banner is on cd ?
    No. Macros can't check CDs. If they are not on GCD, you can game it a little bit, though.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-10-12 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    If you use any hardware that comes with macroing software, you can do this pretty easily. I'm sure autohotkey would work as well, which mutiboxers use all the time. As long as you don't do any serious botting with it, I doubt you'll get in trouble.

@ (target=) only works with UnitIDs, and I'm not sure if banners count. It's usually just people in your party/raid or specific frames (focus, target, targettarget, etc). You would probably need to do something like this:

Code:
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /cast Safeguard
    /targetlasttarget
    The full macro could look something like this:
    Code:
    /cleartarget
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /targetlasttarget
    Holding a mod will give you the demo banner, no mod will Intervene to it. It maintains your current target. You should set the simulated click to go off in addition to the hotkey+mod itself if you press the hotkey when a mod of your choice is held down. You could go one step further and completely automate it, but I'm not going to detail that here. Pretty easy stuff.

It should work pretty well by itself, but you can figure out the specifics of the simulated click part on your own pretty easily.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:01 PM ----------

No. Macros can't check CDs. If they are not on GCD, you can game it a little bit, though.
    [mod] = shift,ctrl , alt etc ?

/cleartarget
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /targetlasttarget

How can i target Demo banner before i cast it ?
    Thanks a TON =)

[mod] = shift,ctrl , alt etc ?

/cleartarget
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /targetlasttarget

How can i target Demo banner before i cast it ?
    Thanks a TON =)
    [mod] alone means if you're holding down any mod (shift, ctrl, alt, or any combination of the three). You can specify it like this: [mod:alt], but that's usually not necessary unless you're using more than one mod in the same macro.

It will only target the banner if it exists. That's mostly for the second activation. It should go like this:
    press mod+hotkey
    get banner retical
    click
    press hotkey (no mod)
    intervene to banner

Your target will remain the same the whole time. If you do not have a target when you use it, things may get weird. Nothing major; you might just target something dead or the banner.

A few more notes: if you want a tooltip, add #showtooltip to the top. You can leave it as Intervene even if you have Safeguard. Because Safeguard replaces Intervene, the macro will use Safeguard if you have it, else just Intervene.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-10-12 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    [mod] alone means if you're holding down any mod (shift, ctrl, alt, or any combination of the three). You can specify it like this: [mod:alt], but that's usually not necessary unless you're using more than one mod in the same macro.

It will only target the banner if it exists.
    How would that macro look like?
    i need 1. throw banner, then target, then intervene.
    Sorry not that good with macros, appreciate it

How would that macro look like?
    i need 1. throw banner, then target, then intervene.
    Sorry not that good with macros, appreciate it
    I'm not sure what your question is. I just finished editing my post a bit to clarify some things; let me know if you still have questions after reading the new stuff.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what your question is. I just finished editing my post a bit to clarify some things; let me know if you still have questions after reading the new stuff.
    i have this atm:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /cleartarget
    /tar Mocking Banner
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Mocking Banner; Intervene
    /targetlasttarget

My bind is to CTRL-6
    is that what is messing it up ?

i have this atm:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /cleartarget
    /tar Mocking Banner
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Mocking Banner; Intervene
    /targetlasttarget

My bind is to CTRL-6
    is that what is messing it up ?
    Looks fine to me. Make sure you don't have anything else bound to ctrl+6. I think the pet bar is bound to that by default. The easiest way to clear a bind is to change a bind like jump to ctrl+6, then bind it back to spacebar.

Deleted
    Looks fine to me. Make sure you don't have anything else bound to ctrl+6. I think the pet bar is bound to that by default. The easiest way to clear a bind is to change a bind like jump to ctrl+6, then bind it back to spacebar.
    Tried it and it didnt work. If i have a target and click the macro, it imidietely untargets it. And if i then try place the banner nothing happends : /
    Should really /tar Mocking Banner be before i cast the banner down ?

Tried it and it didnt work. If i have a target and click the macro, it imidietely untargets it. And if i then try place the banner nothing happends : /
    Should really /tar Mocking Banner be before i cast the banner down ?
    It looks like it should work to me... I'm at work so I can't mess with it in game right now. Maybe another Warrior friend on here can help you or you can post it in the macro thread.

You're holding ctrl to place the banner right? There are no conflicting binds? Try checking the selfcast and focuscast mods as well (Interface > Combat, iirc). Also see if holding ctrl and clicking it does anything.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 02:09 PM ----------

If none of that works, try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /focus Mocking Banner
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Mocking Banner; [@focus] Intervene
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-10-12 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted
    It looks like it should work to me... I'm at work so I can't mess with it in game right now. Maybe another Warrior friend on here can help you or you can post it in the macro thread.

You're holding ctrl to place the banner right? There are no conflicting binds? Try checking the selfcast and focuscast mods as well (Interface > Combat, iirc). Also see if holding ctrl and clicking it does anything.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 02:09 PM ----------

If none of that works, try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /focus Mocking Banner
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Mocking Banner; [@focus] Intervene
    None works, i have no idea : /

Deleted
    This is what reckful uses.

#showtooltip Mocking Banner
    /target Mocking Banner
    /cast Safeguard
    /targetlasttarget
    /cast Mocking Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post

/target Mocking Banner
    /cast Safeguard
    /targetlasttarget
    /cast Mocking Banner
    Does that mean Safeguard isn't on GCD? If so, this is the best way to do it. The one I posted still should have worked, though. Not sure what the issue is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post

/target Mocking Banner
    /cast Safeguard
    /targetlasttarget
    /cast Mocking Banner
    This works great, however if i have a target when i use this, it wont retarget it after intervene-ing. And after i put down the banner i have to click the keybind again. But it works so thanks =)!
    edit: Just found out that if Mocking banner is on cd, with this macro, i can put down a demo banner and use this macro to intervene to it aswell( have to manually target though
    Last edited by mmoc377bf2fdd1; 2012-10-13 at 09:19 AM.

i just thought i saw a thread where they did a heroic leap without having to mouse click, just hold the mouse where u want to leap and click keybind
    It can be done with the Razer Naga mouse built in macro system though I dunno if any of the fancy gaming keyboards have the ability to simulate mouse clicks.
    " I know it cannot be done with the logitech G series keyboards"

The only problem doing it with the naga is that it will place the banner wherever your mouse pointer happens to be, which I guess could be either beneficial or disastrous depending on the situation.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 02:31 AM ----------

This works great, however if i have a target when i use this, it wont retarget it after intervene-ing. And after i put down the banner i have to click the keybind again. But it works so thanks =)!
    edit: Just found out that if Mocking banner is on cd, with this macro, i can put down a demo banner and use this macro to intervene to it aswell( have to manually target though
    That can be fixed by making the macro set your current target to focus at the beggining then have it retarget the focus target at the end.

/focus
    /target Mocking Banner
    /cast Safeguard
    /target Focus
    /cast Mocking Banner
    /clearfocus

(note) the syntax to focus might have changed with mop I dunno since I have not made any macro's lately, you might not need to add the /clearfocus either as it should update your focus to the new target every time you use the macro, it is more or less just to keep the focus frame from cluttering your Ui.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    It can be done with the Razer Naga mouse built in macro system though I dunno if any of the fancy gaming keyboards have the ability to simulate mouse clicks.
    " I know it cannot be done with the logitech G series keyboards"

The only problem doing it with the naga is that it will place the banner wherever your mouse pointer happens to be, which I guess could be either beneficial or disastrous depending on the situation.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 02:31 AM ----------

That can be fixed by making the macro set your current target to focus at the beggining then have it retarget the focus target at the end.

/focus
    /target Mocking Banner
    /cast Safeguard
    /target Focus
    /cast Mocking Banner
    /clearfocus

(note) the syntax to focus might have changed with mop I dunno since I have not made any macro's lately, you might not need to add the /clearfocus either as it should update your focus to the new target every time you use the macro, it is more or less just to keep the focus frame from cluttering your Ui.
    Is there a focus 2 ? im getting this macro for arena and i need focus targets