Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh look, it's Jaylock........ Anything else need to be said? All nonsense and no facts - just as always.
    pretty much this.

Yet another diehard alliance fanboy trying to spin facts in his deluded way to make the alliance appear the victims in everything and the absolute good guy, an unable to see the faults in his own, unable to accept the alliance did the same thing to the horde.
    #boycottchina

And as for the Horde motivations?

Orcs: They want a place to live, but they are driven by honor and memories of victory, conquest, and glory. Garrosh has stirred this and driven it into a frenzy. Some orcs remember the wages of those old wars. I don't play Horde, but doesn't it feel like Saurfang deserves an appearance about now?
    Trolls: Survival has long been their motivation. Now I'm not entirely sure what motivates the Darkspear, but it's clear Vol'jin doesn't believe Garrosh is leading his people down the best path. Trolls are historically a violent and volatile race, though. I think there are likely some trolls that should want to take part in the thrill of battle wherever Garrosh aims them.
    Tauren: Probably the most like the pandaren of any original races, they really want to live in peace harmoniously with their lands.
    Forsaken: Survival. Their main motivation seems to be survival even amidst self loathing in some cases. Their methods for ensuring survival can be horrific.
    Blood elves: Now that they are recovering from the fel addiction and living with a reignited Sunwell, it seems like the blood elves are likely prone to want peace. After the Sunwell was restored by the naaru and Velen's presence, I honestly thought the Sin'dorei would be the best candidates to grow into ambassadors between Horde and Alliance for times of cooperation. If it weren't for Garrosh....
    Goblins: Motivation....money.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im glad you think of me as a blood thirsty savage I shall meet you on the battle field friend! FOR THE HORDE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh look, it's Jaylock........ Anything else need to be said? All nonsense and no facts - just as always.
    Be nice

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    How does Jaylock constantly come back from being banned?

Anyway, I think you're lumping the Dark Horde of WCI and WCII in with Thrall's Horde of WCIII, which is unfair. It's obvious Garrosh's Horde is more akin to the Dark Horde, but we'll see that all end when he gets dethroned.
    Be nice.

On your point - yes, you're lumping the original Horde, the demon-drivin Horde with what we have today (minus Garrosh's influence)

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    pretty much this.

Yet another diehard alliance fanboy trying to spin facts in his deluded way to make the alliance appear the victims in everything and the absolute good guy, an unable to see the faults in his own, unable to accept the alliance did the same thing to the horde.
    You be nice, too

My only warning

I personally do want nothing but blood, gore, and war. I'm not playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure here.

Deleted
    there is no point argue'ing here, the OP already made up his mind and won't change his vision.

i do admit that garrosh and many garrosh followers are on a way that the old demon enslaved horde followed.
    but lots of orcs/trolls/tauren/bloodelf/goblin and undead disagree the way he's going, however most of them stick too the horde since its atm too dangerous too leave.
    they could be attacked by their former allies if they left, or by alliance troops who consider them horde even if they left.

saying the alliance is better then the horde, would seem correct with the current way blizzard went (ooh look they made the horde "evil" agian, bit boring would be more interresting if they had the alliance go down that road for once). but by all means the alliance isnt much better then the horde is, their leader was taunting the horde during the entire northerend campaign. which on turn provoked garrosh which led too bad blood.

saying 1 side is more at fault then the other would be wrong.
    beside in the end the faction that even got the orcish horde on azeroth was the alliance through the work of medivh (as in secret he might have done that, he was a kirin tor member en therefore a member of the alliance.) but would it be a fair statement too say: its the alliance fault for what happend between then horde and alliance, i would say no.
    so pointing at one faction isnt gonna get anywhere. both have done their rights and wrongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I don't totally understand the desire to make the Alliance feel like the victims by people like Jaylock and Salahan or whatever his name was (the one with the Alliance Lion Avatar(Im sure you all know him)). I like that the Alliance is starting to grow some metaphorical balls. It's high time they stopped sitting around crying to themselves "Why do those mean Orc's hate us so much?" and do something about it. Garrosh's Horde isn't going to stop until someone stops it, who better than the Alliance?

To the guy above me I just gotta say...trying to suggest the Alliance brought the Orcs to Azeroth because of the Sargeras infected Medivh is really reaching to the bottom of the barrel.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2012-10-12 at 07:00 PM.

Sorry Dars, wasn't trying to be mean. Was genuinely curious. It was weird seeing him be banned and then start a new thread a month later.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it any wonder when bad things happen it usually comes as a result of a connection to the Horde?

Remember Wrathgate anyone? The undead guy with his crony pals inflicted hundreds, if not thousands of deaths because of his plague. Connected to the horde directly.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 07:02 PM ----------

Sorry Dars, wasn't trying to be mean. Was genuinely curious. It was weird seeing him be banned and then start a new thread a month later.
    Perhaps you should read the Forum FAQ before commenting? It would answer all your questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bans are temporary

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is it any wonder when bad things happen it usually comes as a result of a connection to the Horde?

Remember Wrathgate anyone? The undead guy with his crony pals inflicted hundreds, if not thousands of deaths because of his plague. Connected to the horde directly.
    Wrathgate isn't laid at the feet of the Horde (who suffered casualties as well), but rather at the feet of the Forsaken who used that plague without permission and against even their own "side". That was a rogue action.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

No. That is not connected to the Horde directly. Varimathras was behind the main part or it. He was serving the Legion. Putress was taking his own actions as an individual and not as a member of the Horde. I hate to use this argument, but it's like seeing Osama bin Laden, and then saying all Muslims are responsible for his actions.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Deleted
    How does Jaylock constantly come back from being banned?
    The mods don't perma-ban. Salandrin is another example.

Anyway, back on topic, Garrosh and tha Mag'har introduced a concept that is completely alien to the Azerothian Horde, nationalism and supremacy. They didn't fought all the wars or passed through all the problems that led to the creation of the nation of Durotar. This, combined with the new orcish youth and the continuation of war winning, led to the idea that the "Horde" was a entity ripe to control all the lands that they could take.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2012-10-12 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    If you actually Listen to how Garrosh sounds, he sees Orcs and number one, but Anyone in the Horde as under him.

He wishes to unite everyone under the banner of the Horde, by force if needed.

A bad ideal, but it's not like the alliance has not been known for Genocide or Mass Enslavement.

It's been said already, but bears mentioning again I suppose. Garrosh Hellscream is the one pulling the Horde's strings right now. The Trolls and Tauren abhor what Garrosh is doing. Even the Forsaken and Blood Elves are having their misgivings. The Goblins are only in this for the money, which is no surprise. I'm not sure how many of you have read the new Jaina Proudmoore book, but it lays things out rather plainly. And to make matters worse for the Horde, Garrosh's bodyguards (some Blackrock orcs) are going around killing any dissenters. The current battles between the Alliance and the Horde stem from Garrosh having delusions of grandeur about wiping the Alliance from Kalimdor, and him dropping a mana bomb on Theramore to start it off. Basically the Horde isn't as guilty as you would think. It's Garrosh pretty much forcing the races to do his bidding.

Deleted
    No. That is not connected to the Horde directly. Varimathras was behind the main part or it. He was serving the Legion. Putress was taking his own actions as an individual and not as a member of the Horde. I hate to use this argument, but it's like seeing Osama bin Laden, and then saying all Muslims are responsible for his actions.
    Why do people always forget that Both Alliance and Horde fell together in that conflict? Bolvar and Saurfang the Younger fought side by side, united, and fell united.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    While i wont defend Gorrash's actions at all, He does tend to make me feel for the first time that the horde is the bad guy, at least at this moment, in the fight. But only when he directly is speaking. When we get to pandaria, The generals being a bit of a dick, but one of our first missions is to free pandarian CHILDREN forced into labor gangs by alliance.

Later while i was exploring the southern side of the jade forrest more, I noticed the apparent alliance starting area and the horde warlocks holding pandarian children hostage, HOWEVER, reading the diary in the ruins, its pretty obvious that they were being influenced by the sha due to taking up residence in the ruins.

The way i see it, both certainly have bad eggs, but ours was just holding the children to make sure the pandarian traded fairly with them...the alliance were whipping kids into making them an airfield. Whos the bad guy here?
    See bold print.....you evil bear hating bastards

Deleted
    as far as i see it, war is childish in the first place. And the horde started it so... yeah 2 invasions is not easily forgiven i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Why do people always forget that Both Alliance and Horde fell together in that conflict? Bolvar and Saurfang the Younger fought side by side, united, and fell united.
    Another good point!

Well until the horde discover playstation war and fighting is all we got to keep ourselves entertained in the baking hot desert

but seriously azeroth is a brutal tough world filled with all sorts of dangers and this war is brutal because the time they live in is brutal its just like the times of the mongols and the dark ages there is no genova convention its now survival of the fittest where the strong survive and the weak become murloc food

all the previous conflicts have depleted both sides and now find themselves where peace and treatys dont serve them like it used to its now a full on total war for resources and domination to secure there future for there people in the world they live in

10+ Year Old Account
    You are joking around right?
    Look at Thrall, the direction he's been leading the new horde in....
    Horde are known as the "mongrel races" of Azeroth all of which want to stop fighting aside maybe the Forsaken.
    The orcs are known for hating their past with the bloodlust when they were controlled by the Burning Legion.
    The warcraft 2 video was from during the bloodlust nothing to do with the modern horde only thing the same is that it's still an orcish horde but has no relation to the modern horde.

I could go on forever and I've not even once touched upon what the Alliance are like in contrast to Thrall's horde.