Building First PC For Primary Use With WoW

Hey guys I'm building my first PC and wanted to get some advice on if these parts I have picked out will work well together and will work will to play WoW, as well as edit Video. Here is the wishlist I put together on NewEgg:

(can't post link since this is my first post)

CPU: Intel Core i5-2310 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz (3.2GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I52310
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Memory: CORSAIR 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMV16GX3M2A1333C9
    Storage: Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Video Card: EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan
    Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
    Optical Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

Please critique this and let me know if anything is bad/won't work well together. Also, if there are anyways to cut the price down a little and still achieve similar performance let me know, as this is kind of over my budget.

Final Price: $725.92

Are these products fit to work together well? And are there any ways I can cut corners a little more to lower the price and still get similar performance? Thanks for the help in advance!

-Garrett
    Last edited by glaustra926; 2012-10-12 at 06:42 PM. Reason: link

will they work together yes but that build is kinda all over the place. no balance really in my opinion.
    Something more like this would be better fitting however with the build you listed and the one im about to list dont think to heavily on video streaming and heavy rendering it will do pretty decent but still not as great as spending more. Without getting a k series processor there is no reason to get a z77 extreme board. Since it doesnt seem like you wont be building an overclocking rig I wont recommend overclocking parts. The build below is a great balanced build and can handle games and what not at pretty great settings. If you are willing to throw a little extra money an SSD would be a great addition to.

CPU i5 3450 $195
    MOBO Asrock H77pro4 $79
    RAM Corsair Vengeance 8gb $39
    PSU Seasonic 520w modular $69
    GPU XFX 7850 $180
    HDD WD Cav Blue 500 $69
    Case NZXT Source 210 $39
    DVD Samsung DVD burner $18

Total ~695
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    will they work together yes but that build is kinda all over the place. no balance really in my opinion.
    Something more like this would be better fitting however with the build you listed and the one im about to list dont think to heavily on video streaming and heavy rendering it will do pretty decent but still not as great as spending more. Without getting a k series processor there is no reason to get a z77 extreme board. Since it doesnt seem like you wont be building an overclocking rig I wont recommend overclocking parts. The build below is a great balanced build and can handle games and what not at pretty great settings. If you are willing to throw a little extra money an SSD would be a great addition to.
    ^couldn't quote the whole post due to links lol

Hey thanks so much for the reply! And don't worry about the critique haha i realize that my build was a little all over (first time). I do like this setup, I'm not concerned about the video editing really because right now I do editing on a Macbook 2008 Aluminum Body that has an Intel Core 2 Duo and an absolutely terrible integrated video card. So an upgrade from that, especially to a quad core and an actual discrete video card will more than suffice.

As for WoW, right now I run on all the lowest settings and only get like 15-20 FPS, 25-30 in closed areas if I'm lucky. So i'm pretty sick of that. I'd like to play on ultra if I can, but even mid-high settings with good FPS is good for me.

So a few questions about the build you posted:
    I haven't done too much research into XFX Video Cards. What's the difference between say a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 and this one? Is it a big deal? Also I've read that NVIDIA runs WoW better AMD, is this just user preference?

Just for info, I plan on running the video card through its HDMI output with an HDMI to DVI cable that I have into my Samsung 24" monitor and display 1080p. Will I have any issues with this?

Other than that everything looks awesome. the only other thing I would consider would be to upgrade to 16GB of RAM to account for multi-tasking of large CPU-using programs. Thanks so much again, just gotta figure those last few questions out and i should be set to go

The 7850 is a great budget card can be Oc'ed and you will not have any issues playing. It has 1 hdmi 2 mini dp and 2 dvi. You should have no issues connecting your monitor. Nvidia may run WoW better but Wow is more CPU dependent anyways so having a decent i5 and a 7850 will run the game at close to ultra without problems except in cities and ultraxion like situtions. Sapphire is a great brand but at the quick look and trying to get savings I thru the XFX on there. Which isnt the worst brand. I just didnt see the same price on newegg when I loked for Sapphire. I run a i5 750 with a 5870 and still get 60+ frames at ultra with shadows except in the cities and ultrax fights.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Awesome, 60+ frames on ultra sounds incredible compared to my current setup haha. I'll look into the differences with XFX and Sapphire just to be sure, but again thanks so much for the help. One other question I had is for the case. I figure since i'm taking the step to build my own computer I'll shell out the extra cash to get something that looks awesome. I personally really like this one:

NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case
    (found on NewEgg, sorry once again can't post the link)

It's got excellent reviews, but my only concern is that its HUGE. Is that going to be an issue since I'm not loading it up that much, or is it a good thing because the extra space will allow for more airflow?

EDIT: Just realized they do have it in a Mid Tower version. So my question is, big or medium sized? haha
    Last edited by glaustra926; 2012-10-12 at 11:12 PM.

Case is very preferential, Just be aware that that is a full tower case, they are a decent size bigger than a mid tower but yeah I see no problem with that one. Airflow is nice and so is having room to work and cable management. Like i said its preferential but they also make a phantom 410 that is a mid tower and almost the same if youre looking for something smaller with pretty decent reviews as well (if the white look is what you are looking for). or you could throw and extra 20 more that the phantom you listed for a Corsair Carbide 500r white case another great choice in my opinion.

NZXT Phantom 410

Hmmm alright yeah you're right, the Mid Towers are already very big, and seeing as how I will be heading to college very soon, it'll probably be preferable to have a smaller case, as long as this build fits into it alright. To me, the main differences in those two cases is the NZXT looks cooler imo, while the carbide looks like its better built, so i'll look into both and decide from there.