Bliz its time for a change

I started playing in the BC days. there were gold spammers,botters and hackers then as there is now. the solution Bliz gave us was "report them and we will fix it.". its the same solution they are giving us today years later and there are more issues then ever. duplicated items and lvl 81 pallys appearing at will. Gold still is spammed reguarily and accounts hacked. so its obvious that reporting has not and is not working. I see many other ideas that would help how about i must have an authenticator to play. how about hire a Live team to just go realm to realm and start on the spot policing. the reason they dont try these things is it would cost them money and they would not be able to have us police for them. i am just tired of being blamed and told to report how about Bliz steps up and try out some new ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggabear View Post
    I started playing in the BC days. there were gold spammers,botters and hackers then as there is now. the solution Bliz gave us was "report them and we will fix it.". its the same solution they are giving us today years later and there are more issues then ever. duplicated items and lvl 81 pallys appearing at will. Gold still is spammed reguarily and accounts hacked. so its obvious that reporting has not and is not working. I see many other ideas that would help how about i must have an authenticator to play. how about hire a Live team to just go realm to realm and start on the spot policing. the reason they dont try these things is it would cost them money and they would not be able to have us police for them. i am just tired of being blamed and told to report how about Bliz steps up and try out some new ideas.
    We're the "live team" that polices. Do you realize how many thousands...no, tens of thousands of people they'd have to hire just to have fly around and monitor the game? Consider the actual amount of space available...absolutely not. I think this is an awful idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggabear View Post
    The day they give players the ability to police and potentially remove anyone from the game they see fit is the day I say 'sayonara'. As for live teams: given the number of realms they have all over the planet that doesn't seem all that practical.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Can someone fill me in on what's wrong with level 81 paladins?

I hope you know most of these are normal players' accounts that have been hacked, then used to spam those gold messages. It's not like some crazy new radical technology and blizz hasn't been able to keep up with it since BC. As long as stupid people don't take precautions to protect their account, it will still continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    I hope you know most of these are normal players' accounts that have been hacked, then used to spam those gold messages. It's not like some crazy new radical technology and blizz hasn't been able to keep up with it since BC. As long as stupid people don't take precautions to protect their account, it will still continue.
    This. Blizzard do all they can, ironically the majority of the negatives with this game are due in inept players and people.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

The main thing i am trying to get across is the system as is doe not seem to be working. its time to try new ideas. mandatory authenticator would solve a lot of issues other then Bliz losing some subs.

As i said a couple days ago, i've around 20-30 "friends" that i know they're botting and i reported them (some ppl in my guild reported them as well), thats like 2 years ago, and they're still there botting.

So yea, the hacked accounts does have a huge part but believe me, at least on the two servers i play most of all bots are players and not "hacked accounts" so yea, i wonder why :P

edit: Just to add, i kept reporting them cause like they said to me, "you can report, that shit doesnt work".

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Can someone fill me in on what's wrong with level 81 paladins?
    They're pink? Sorry, couldn't come up with anything better...

if you type a /who botanica on most realms right now its full of lvl 81 paladins doing bot runs. no idea how this is happening but it is. there was just 2 on my realm last night but some are saying as many 10-12.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is only one solution that will work for the spammers. and that is people stop buying gold.
    As long as there is marked for the hackers to sell the gold they steal and farm there will be spammers.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reporting does work. It generally triggers an insta-ban if an account is reported enough.

The problem is human stupidity is infinite. For every bot we report, some idiot just went on their site, downloaded their keylogger, and will be used to spam gold next week.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The cost of implementing "police" on each server is too large relative to the cost of the problem. It's like asking Blizz to spend $100 on a $5 problem. Does not make much sense.

Now, if you have a $4.50 solution for a $5 problem, then you have a good idea

Remember the lvl 1 characters who'd run in to town then glitch to the top of the sky-box and fall to their deaths, only to be joined by multiple friends until their corpses spelt out a goldseller's web-site? They were cool.