Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I love Old God Lore.

But I genuinely think that N'zoth will be the last one we kill.

You guys also need to keep this in mind:

Just because the Titans couldn't kill ALL the Old Gods, doesn't mean they couldn't kill SOME of them.

The ones they killed probabaly weren't completely rooted into Azeroth and tied to its very being.

Because of that, the most dangerous were locked up and sealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I love Old God Lore.

But I genuinely think that N'zoth will be the last one we kill.

You guys also need to keep this in mind:

Just because the Titans couldn't kill ALL the Old Gods, doesn't mean they couldn't kill SOME of them.

The ones they killed probabaly weren't completely rooted into Azeroth and tied to its very being.

Because of that, the most dangerous were locked up and sealed.
    Honestly? I hope that is sort of true. I also hope that Old Gods are a species with varying degrees of strength like the titan and pantheon. C'thun and N'zoth seem to be light-years away from each other in terms of power and the fact that C'thun was once called a 'young old god'. (oxymoron, lol)

Hmh..

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Honestly? I hope that is sort of true. I also hope that Old Gods are a species with varying degrees of strength like the titan and pantheon. C'thun and N'zoth seem to be light-years away from each other in terms of power and the fact that C'thun was once called a 'young old god'. (oxymoron, lol)

Hmh..
    For all we know, N'zoth is the big boss of the Old Gods, and seeing Azeroth as a prime conduit, wedged himself in and started weaving his big bad plan of Chaos to start decimating the Universe itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has stated many, many times that they create and adapt lore to fit the gameplay and not the other way around. Their main goal is to make a good game. They are not writing an epic novel story or movie series. If making the best game possible means retconning some existing lore, they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    You could interpret it as the physical destruction of the world or the destruction of its mortal races. The war against the Old Gods long ago was, and forgive me for this, titanic. A war of such scale being fought now would have terrible consequences.
    It also says "Old Gods" not "an Old God." It is possible that after the death of the Old God on Pandaria, the Titans saw the resulting Sha and realized that if they killed all the remaining Old Gods, the result would be too great.

I think people are underestimating the threat the Sha are as well. The Pandaren have spent their entire history learning to expel and control all negative emotion in order to lessen the Sha threat and yet they still have a standing force to combat the Sha. The Sha we have seen so far are likely only the beginning and it will probably escalate as the expansion goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    How does this has anything to do with Sargeras's corruption?
    Sargeras fell(To evil) during the battle against the Old Gods. Sargeras' corruption is somewhat similar to that of Deathwing; Got angry and wanted the world to be destroyed, in which was because of the actions of the Old Gods. Also, it said that Sargeras fell because he new that the Order of the Titans was never going to happen, which the Old Gods are popular for whispering and messing with someones mind, almost to the point where they question their own existence. It is not proven what really happened to Sargeras, but there are a bunch of hints that all lead to a bunch of different things.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

For all we know, N'zoth is the big boss of the Old Gods, and seeing Azeroth as a prime conduit, wedged himself in and started weaving his big bad plan of Chaos to start decimating the Universe itself.
    Could be. At least, we know that he must be strong due to being multidimensional and being the old god who has wrecked and damaged Azeroth most of the old gods we know about.

In a way, I sort of like the theory that Azeroth is an Old God - based on the Azeroth - Azathoth theory.

Could be. At least, we know that he must be strong due to being multidimensional and being the old god who has wrecked and damaged Azeroth most of the old gods we know about.

In a way, I sort of like the theory that Azeroth is an Old God - based on the Azeroth - Azathoth theory.
    Gohma Vlitra from Asura's Wrath says hi.

That's what I imagine will happen to Azeroth.

Yes.

That is a giant head trying to rip free from the planet itself.

Hmh..
    Light-years away from each other? How so? N'Zoth is known for the Old God to take the most actions, but it could be possibly due to the fact he was awaken for the longest, because C'Thun and Yogg'Saron, in lore, have seemed to be just awakened.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    re;OP, I will say I prefer the idea that the Old Gods were individually more powerful than the Titans, but the Titans won with numbers and their combined might - nicely parallels WoW with groups of 5-10 adventurers taking on much bigger and more powerful beasties!

The new lore doesn't flat out say that Titans can now one-shot multiple Old Gods easy, but every death toll you add to the side of the Old Gods diminishes their power.

Gohma Vlitra from Asura's Wrath says hi.

That's what I imagine will happen to Azeroth.

Yes.

That is a giant head trying to rip free from the planet itself.

Haha yeah, I've seen that before.

Imagine the chaos and despair upon finding out that Azeroth has been one giant old god all along. An old god isolated from the outside world by shaping a husk around it to neutralize the passive (and active alike) corruption seeping from it.

And to make sure it wouldn't break free without prior notice, they created the Watchers and various other creatures like the dragons to guard and watch Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Light-years away from each other? How so? N'Zoth is known for the Old God to take the most actions, but it could be possibly due to the fact he was awaken for the longest, because C'Thun and Yogg'Saron, in lore, have seemed to be just awakened.
    The fact that N'zoth waged war on BOTH Cthun AND Yoggsaron hints he's an insanely powerful being.

The fact he also Corrupted Deathwing, created the Naga, AND defiled the Emerald Dream into the Emerald Nightmare, not to mention turning Xavius into the Nightmare Lord, also hints this guy isn't playing around.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    That's true, but we haven't directly faced him yet -- and still he has done the most damage and created the most chaos already. He's apparently/possibly confirmed behind Deathwing's corruption and it was confirmed that he created the Emerald Nightmare. C'thun was strong too. He sure was. But I've seen him do nothing like that.

That plus the fact that C'thun was said to be the youngest could indicate a significant gap in power between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think N'Zoth is being built up into the most powerful of the Old Gods. He's got a lot of dogs in the fire. I like the idea too - building him into an overarching villain, rather than introducing him in a patch or a single storyline and finishing him off at the end.

The fact that N'zoth waged war on BOTH Cthun AND Yoggsaron hints he's an insanely powerful being.

The fact he also Corrupted Deathwing, created the Naga, AND defiled the Emerald Dream into the Emerald Nightmare, not to mention turning Xavius into the Nightmare Lord, also hints this guy isn't playing around.
    Briefly, and more properly formulated -- this.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I do think N'Zoth is being built up into the most powerful of the Old Gods. He's got a lot of dogs in the fire. I like the idea too - building him into an overarching villain, rather than introducing him in a patch or a single storyline and finishing him off at the end.
    I think he's also the LARGEST Old God.

Like, when we go fight him, if he is truly either:

1. At the bottom of the Ocean.

Or..

2. Hiding in the Emerald Dream/Sleeping in the Emerald Dream,

He will emerge and it will be this massive, actually horrifying creature of pure Insanity and Death.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 09:54 PM ----------

Briefly, and more properly formulated -- this.
    We saw how powerful Deathwing was. You could even say the Old God Corrupted form of Deathwing was stronger than Cthun or Yogg'saron.

And, again, the fact that N'zoth is his boss/master, meaning he could wipe this guy out when it took 4 Dragon Aspects, 10/25 extremely powerful warriors, AND a Super Powered Shaman with a Mega Weapon just to kill him, once more proves how strong this guy is.

Or..

He will emerge and it will be this massive, actually horrifying creature of pure Insanity and Death.
    He's multi-dimensional so yeah, he's at both locations at the same time.

But his physical location was noted to be the bottom of the ocean.

Oof.. imagine seeing him rise from the dark depths in a cinematic -- with your character facing him, with only a part of him visible due to the light dying because your character and N'zoth are literally at the bottom of the ocean.

If Blizzard is going the way of adding more cinematics in game, that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Blizzard does intend to end Warcraft, not just the MMO but the whole franchise, with WoW. That they are just going to milk this game until it's become so rejected and hated they can't ever touch Warcraft again.
    That is simply one of the most stupid comments I've read for a while. You are incredibly stupid if you'd ever believe that Blizzard would intend to end their most successfull franchise that, due to Warcraft III and more so World of Warcraft, has pretty much made them their fortune. Yes they will "milk" the franchise, if you wanna be cynical and call it that, by continueing pushing more content and evolving the lore with World of Warcraft expansions as long as it is popular enough to be profitable. Once the subscriber base declines and it becomes less profitable than their executives would like to see they will probobly end it as they will probobly have a new MMO (Titan) on the market then that will probobly live for many years to come after WoW shuts down. But you can be damn sure that they will not let Warcraft reat, but they will definetly make new games, be it Warcraft 4 or World of Warcraft 2, or both. Only if a successor game flopps the franchise might get put on hold in favor of some other franchise for a while. But not even then would such a successfull franchise die, it's had too much success for that. A few years later they will make a game again that will be much anticipated, only if that should fail miserably the franchise could die.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This would only be problematic if all the old gods were roughly equivalent as far as strength goes. From all we've seen so far it's a pretty safe bet that Yogg and C'thun were lesser old gods to start with. C'thun at the very least was weakened to start with and we didn't have any easy time with him. For Yogg we had help from the constructs, whether or not the hardmode achievement ends up being the way things went down lorewise is anybody's guess unless I'm missing something, which I very well could be.

Blizzard has made random odd changes to their lore for years. Before WoW even. In WoW look what they did with the Draenei when they introduced them. Heck, look at what we did with Deathwing and Malygos. Originally the other dragon aspects didn't want to kill Deathwing because they thought that as an Aspect if they killed him horrible things would happen to Azeroth. Then Malygos has a pretty good point about mortals meddling with magic and the other dragons are alright with us ganking him despite him also being an aspect. Then we went and killed Deathwing anyway.

If they're revising the old god lore a bit, that's probably a good thing as it was definitely getting stale.

10+ Year Old Account

Or..

I'd love a raid where you have to physical go inside one - seeing the insides of the Forgotten Ones and the snail ancients in Cata made me long for twisted, living architecture that hates you and wants to kill you.

Where we face N'Zoth is actually a source of conflict for me - the easy answer would be to fight him inside the Emerald Dream, since he's behind the Nightmare. But I also want to see a raid involving the sunken city of Ny'alotha. Having a city of the Old Gods rise to the surface and become a final raid zone would make a perfect capstone to a naga-themed expansion, and since N'Zoth is behind the naga, it would make sense to fight him during the course of one.

So he's perfect for two different expansions, and I'm torn as to which one he should be the final boss of!

He's multi-dimensional so yeah, he's at both locations at the same time.

But his physical location was noted to be the bottom of the ocean.

Oof.. imagine seeing him rise from the dark depths in a cinematic -- with your character facing him, with only a part of him visible due to the light dying because your character and N'zoth are literally at the bottom of the ocean.

If Blizzard is going the way of adding more cinematics in game, that would be cool.
    Considering how much work they're putting into Mists, I really can't fathom how much must be going into the next expansion, especially if it's centrallizing around us killing this guy.

On topic though, Blizzard isn't contradicting themselves.

They're keeping the Old Lore in mind with the New Lore.

New Storylines have to be made if we want this Universe to live on, because I'm pretty sure most people here love this game and its Universe.