1. [Computer] Navigate to https://account.guildwars2.com/account/security/totp
and log in with your Guild Wars 2 credentials.
- If you are redirected to the Security home page (https://account.guildwars2.com/account/security
), be sure to add /totp back into the URL.
2. [Computer] Identify the correct app for your mobile platform. Here are some suggestions:
- Google Authenticator for iPhones and Android.
- Windows Authenticator for Windows Phones.
3. [Mobile] Download the application to your mobile device.
4. [Computer] Click ‘Next’ on the Account Management page
5. [Mobile] If your version of the Mobile Authenticator app has the ability to scan QR codes, use it to automatically scan the QR code displayed in Account Management [Computer] and skip to step #7.
6. [Mobile] If your version of the Mobile Authenticator app does not have the ability scan QR codes, or that ability is not working with the QR code displayed, enter your credentials manually.
- “Account Name” is the same as your Guild Wars Account Name.
- “Key” is the secret code displayed in Account Management [Computer].
- Select “Time Based” and not “Counter Based”
- Select ‘Add’.
7. [Computer] In the field below the QR code, enter the six-digit code now displayed from your Mobile Authenticator app [Mobile].