Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

So, why do Warlocks get a class quest?

I know this is Warlock related, but the topic itself concerns all players. If it's still in the wrong forum, feel free to move it.

So, why do Warlocks get their own awesome class quest next patch, yet no other class does? From the details on the front page, it sounds like an amazing quest line, yet the only people who get to experience it are warlocks. Is it a way for Blizzard to attract more players to the class? I seem to remember Warlocks are the least played class (might actually be rogues, though that was before DS legendaries I think). Not only did Blizzard basically revamp every Warlock spec with a new resource system, but now they get their own special quest line. It kinda seems obvious that Blizzard wants to attract more players to the class.

Honestly, as someone who plays this game primarily for it's lore, it is kinda disappointing I will be forced to play a Warlock just to experience a major quest line that carries throughout the expansion. I realize there have been class quests for other classes in the past, but it appears that these quests have actual major events happening within them. It looks as if it will lead to one of 2 things: Illidan's resurrection, or the much more likely scenario, the return of the Legion.

So, is anyone else disappointed? It looks the Warlock I thought I'd leave at 85 will actually make it to 90, just so I can experience the questline for myself.

Like I have said in the thread, I acted mature in my post. Stop acting like little babies and saying I'm just a whiner who is QQing, act mature.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2012-10-14 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Maybe each major patch will now start to feature an individual class quest chain?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say one thing and one thing only why they get it understand OP?

''Green Fire''

And you aren't forced to do anything OP, Keep that in mind.

I like the way it's only been half-datamined and people are already jumping to conclusions and getting angry about those conclusions.

I agree, it's likely they'll get a warlock questline. The end payoff will be the Green Fire everyone craves, not some huge lore thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I hear is wubwubwub.
    It's tiny.

Many believe it's so they finally get their green fire.
    Leave them be. It's nothing important, you go to Black Temple regardless of being a warlock.

Don't complain, they might decide to incorporate more class quests.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I bet you complained that Rogues got their own legendary questline. Did you level a rogue for that too?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people like to complain about things that aren't finished. That's why there's "only" a warlock quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I bet you complained that Rogues got their own legendary questline. Did you level a rogue for that too?
    Probably Youtubed the entire thing and was like ''Oh that's it?'' Okay no more re-rolling ( Cause really it wasn't anything special )

Deleted
    It doesn't fit right in this "everybody gets his own legendary" thingy we had before, with the leaked legendary weapon icons. Maybe it's purely to attract more people, like they did it with the Rogue-Daggers in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm banking on the wrathion quests being unique for each class. Calm your tits and don't jump the ragewagon just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Take a look at the logic you are putting towards this.

'I dont currently have a maxed out warlock... i want to do this quest chain... guess ill level up my warlock.'

That right there, is a damn good reason why blizzard would bring this out. You are literally putting more hours and thus more money into the game just to experience this awesome quest chain.

I think it's pretty brilliant how they're working Warlocks getting green fire into the overall storyline.

When you think about it, it's such a silly cosmetic change that would make a lot of people really happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I like the way it's only been half-datamined and people are already jumping to conclusions and getting angry about those conclusions.

I agree, it's likely they'll get a warlock questline. The end payoff will be the Green Fire everyone craves, not some huge lore thing.
    The lore is a VERY nice bonus though. I don't usually play Destro much but for me this is just as much a nice lore event as a warlock, as it is getting Destro green fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    No, I didn't. I understand that it was specifically for legendary weapons, plus not many major events happened within it. The Warlock questline (at first glance) appears to be for nothing in particular, and carries over multiple patches.

And to people saying it isn't a major event, it is quite obviously leading to something. Wrathion is concerned about the Legion, and Warlocks get a quest to help find a council of Warlocks. If you don't see the connection, you must be blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    I'm banking on the wrathion quests being unique for each class. Calm your tits and don't jump the ragewagon just yet.
    This.

Rage without knowing the whole picture; not warranted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I think it's pretty brilliant how they're working Warlocks getting green fire into the overall storyline.

When you think about it, it's such a silly cosmetic change that would make a lot of people really happy.
    Been long overdue; They promised us -.- after all but was like ''CAN'T DO IT SOME TECHNICAL STUFF GOT BROKEN''

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    While I would love this, I seriously doubt it is true. Unless Blizzard randomly decided to do the Warlock quest first and do literally do work on any of the other classes, it doesn't look like that will be true. There is always the chance that it could come with the further patches, but again, it doesn't seem very likely with Wrathion's paranoia about the Legion.

And again, I'm not "raging", just merely explaining my concern. Please don't act like I'm crying about this, you guys seriously need to stop claiming that any complaint is just QQ that needs to be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    No, I didn't. I understand that it was specifically for legendary weapons, plus not many major events happened within it. The Warlock questline (at first glance) appears to be for nothing in particular, and carries over multiple patches.

And to people saying it isn't a major event, it is quite obviously leading to something. Wrathion is concerned about the Legion, and Warlocks get a quest to help find a council of Warlocks. If you don't see the connection, you must be blind.
    There wouldn't even be a legendary questline in MoP or warlock questline if it wasn't for Rogue legendary questline. That isn't major enough for you?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I expect we'll start to see similar things for other classes afterwards.

They are doing warlock quests to give us something new.
    to quote some of the text
    "Warriors have learned to empower their banners, mages have learned to alter time, but we warlocks have nothing to show." (Or close to it)

I wouldn't get your hopes up on every class having an epic quest like this (We dont know how epic or not epic it will be anyways)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.