Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    -4.75 and 5.00 so yea i have to wear them all the time. Hate glasses and can't stand contacts. Can't wait to get the laser eye surgery done.
    Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I got mine done at the age of 26. The thing is that your eyes are going to get worse after the age of 30 also. It's not like you can't get your eyes done again. I met a woman while I was in the waiting room before the procedure who said she gets her eyes LASIK'd every 10 years. It's $2,000 every 10 years or so, or new glasses/contacts on a regular basis. When it comes to costs, it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.
    You're correct on the eyes going bad again, how ever it depends on the person wether or not it can be done again. After all, if i understand my eye doctor correctly, they are removing a part of the front of your eye that will never grow back (not the flap, but behind it) so if your layer is naturally thin, you might not get a second chance again. My contacts are 240 euro's a year, lasek (if that's the one where they keep the flap on your eye) is about 800 euro's per eye... so it would be cheaper to have it done. Even though i currently don't have the funds to do so, the big scare for me is not being able to do it again if it wasn't succesful (20/20 vision as a result).

i used to only wear mine for driving and when i went to the movies, but i started losing them often and thats an expensive problem to have so now i just wear them and dont take them off whenever im out of the house and i havent lost any since. i dont really mind though, i think my glasses are shmexy.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Even tough I can see things near just fine (got bad eyesight when it comes to longer distances like it starts to get blurry on 4-5metres).
    I use glasses all the time. Ive gotten so used to them that I sometimes walk in to the shower them still on my head.
    But yeah I can totally understand the OP, it surely takes time getting used to glasses. Then again, the more you use them the faster you get used to them.

Got Lasik back in March. Best thing I have ever done.

But before that had -2.50 in both eye and pretty bad astigmatism but nothing what Lasik cannot fix.

It was annoying for a few months, but you have that "I can't imagine wearing these all day" feeling with any new thing. Eventually it got to the point I completely disregarded the fact I was wearing glasses, and would accidentally sleep with them on.

Just make sure you have a pair that fits really well, that is the most important part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Idk what my eye sight was but im 6/6 in my right eye and 5.75/6 in my left eye. I use to wear glasses but i had laser eye surgery and got them fixed... best money i ever spent
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    My eyes are pretty bad as im near sighted and wear my glasses all the time, I actually got new glasses a few weeks ago for half off since my doctor gave me a discount on one of the lenses since he said its pointless to get lens for my lazy eye.

About the same as op, but need to wear them more offen cause of were I work. Hate the dam things and looking to get the laser done soon :3 till then I just suffer wearing them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, and I wear them all the time, strongly considering laser-eye surgery, would prefer that over contacts.

I can see up close just not far away. besides driving, video games, and in class i dont put them on for shit.
    Bane

I don't know my exact numbers but somewhere between -2 and -3. I wear my glasses all the time and I don't think it annoying most of the time. If I don't wear them I get headaches. I actually couldn't imagine going without them and think it gives character to the way I look. The only times they are annoying is when it rains or when I try to read a book while in bed as they get crushed against the pillow. Although I'd be able to read without them, I never take them off while reading.

I have glasses, but I use them rarely. I only need them on lectures and prefer to use them while driving too, even if I can legally drive without them. I'm just afraid I lose them if I use them when not necessary :s

15+ Year Old Account
    Im meant to but they make me look like a kiddy fiddler

I'm nearsighted, quite a lot, but not enough that I'd label it "bad". I use two pair of glasses, one for computer work, and one for everyday stuff. The computer glasses are my old ones that are too weak for long distances, but still strong enough to see things clearly on a computer screen. I could simply use my stronger glasses for everything, but they also make things look smaller, which is why I prefer the weaker ones when gaming and stuff. I also like to think weaker glasses don't escalate poor eyesight faster, or whatever.

Deleted
    Most people need them but they wont use them...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had em ever since I was 3. Gotta wear them all day long too. Honestly I don't notice them half the time.

To answer the original questions: Yes and Yes.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

I wear glasses pretty much all the time and have for years. I used to avoid wearing them but now I find I'm wearing them more and more often..

My vision was bad enough that things got fuzzy if they were more than ~4 inches from my face. No idea what my numbers were, at the time they'd only discuss vision in terms of 20/20 and the like, and of course while you're growing that changes pretty often; I've astigmatism in my left eye. I wore glasses from 4th grade on up to adulthood, though I started wearing contacts out of the house around 8th grade, and those were ok but more of a pain than glasses (at least, they were for me - it wasn't that they were uncomfortable, but they require more "care" than glasses so and I'm a lazy person, so...).

About six years ago I got LASIK surgery and I've been quite pleased. My left eye is still a little hit and miss, but it's close enough that an exam puts me at normal perfect vision (not far sighted, not near sighted, no need for physical correction, just blink a few times and I'm able to focus on normal distanced stuff). My mother split the cost for the surgery with me, she funded one eye, I funded the other.

I'm glad I was able to get it done in my 20s, as waiting til your 40s means your deteriorating eye will just need correction again within a few years. I've still got my 30s and early 40s before I should have to worry about needing glasses for slight correction. (your eyes are still changing in your teens, so I couldn't recommend getting it earlier than 20s).

To this day, I find people who wear glasses to be more attractive than those who don't. Put a pair of twins side by side with only one wearing glasses, and I'll pick the one with spectacles on.