Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Old God Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    10,163
    Am I missing something? It's past 6PM EST and there's nothing different in the game. I thought someone threw out that time earlier. Technically the 22nd started 18 hours ago, 15 west coast. I'm confused.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Am I missing something? It's past 6PM EST and there's nothing different in the game. I thought someone threw out that time earlier. Technically the 22nd started 18 hours ago, 15 west coast. I'm confused.
    I threw it out as a speculation before Anet posted saying the evening of PST. So I think between 5-7 o'clock PST time which is 9-10ish EST

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 10:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ugh seriously, its like tuesday now.. Im assuming there wont be any exclusive 1 time things happening on launch ect. Unfortunately I cant just blow off working tomorrow.
    Thought they stated there was going to be some kind of one time thing. That might just be the 28th though.

  3. #203
    Bloodsail Admiral Ken_Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge, Hinterlands
    Posts
    1,172
    I just logged out. Nothing has changed yet. I'll just wait for a thread to tell everyone it's live EST side. Then I'll get in and check things out.


    "With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

  4. #204
    Dreadlord Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    916
    Probably around 5 or 6 PM pacific. Just chill, guys. They want everyone to get off work and such.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I never experimented in putting 4 random things in the mystic forge and hoping something good will appear and if happens to then share to the public so they don't have to go threw the pain.

    In short Anet should just tell us... There is a difference between hand holding and painful experimentation.

    Hand holding = What you do when your young and in love
    Painful experimentation = What you do in the back seat of a 73 Volkswagen Bug

    I disagree with you. The game is less than 3 months old and it seems to me that there are a lot of people that just want stuff given to them (not including you in this, but many players in general). This was the issue that really killed another MMO, which shall not be named, for me recently. Everyone and their brother could obtain epic items with little or no challenge. To me it felt like the company had started to pander to the instant gratification crowd rather than make you use your grey matter and invest some time. One of the draws to this game for me has been that you can't go look up everything on some spoiler site you have to experience it firsthand. I'm enjoying the pioneering spirit of heading into virgin territory, but then again maybe that’s my masochistic side coming out.

  6. #206
    they probably do it at night because of halloween, ya'know.

    though thats kind of a bitch towards europeans

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalgomar View Post
    Hand holding = What you do when your young and in love
    Painful experimentation = What you do in the back seat of a 73 Volkswagen Bug

    I disagree with you. The game is less than 3 months old and it seems to me that there are a lot of people that just want stuff given to them (not including you in this, but many players in general). This was the issue that really killed another MMO, which shall not be named, for me recently. Everyone and their brother could obtain epic items with little or no challenge. To me it felt like the company had started to pander to the instant gratification crowd rather than make you use your grey matter and invest some time. One of the draws to this game for me has been that you can't go look up everything on some spoiler site you have to experience it firsthand. I'm enjoying the pioneering spirit of heading into virgin territory, but then again maybe that’s my masochistic side coming out.
    Don't put words in other peoples mouths. I don't mind working for something, but I want to know what the F I am working for and a starting point.

    Putting a new skin in the game and saying: Ya we put a new skin in the game, figure it out for yourself does not sit well with me.

    However since its crafting from a crafting skill our argument is pointless.

  8. #208
    Legendary! Cybran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pripyat marshes
    Posts
    6,447
    Screw dailies. Time for some Guild Wars 2!

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Screw dailies. Time for some Guild Wars 2!
    I said that right after I did 2 daily's. However Gw2 wasn't out at the time D:

    Oh the withdrawals...

  10. #210
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    its 11pm pacific

    ive said it like 2 times already
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    11 pacific
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twUCEfzrDk

    like all the patches so far, it will be at 11 pm

    tonight

    effectively tuesday

    in addition an anet-er said in lions arch map chat on sanctum of rall last night that they "try to patch right before midnight since thats an off peak time"

    given past patches, the fact they said monday evening, and that 11pm is "close to midnight"...
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-10-23 at 12:03 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  11. #211
    11 pm pacific is how long from now :S?

  12. #212
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    11 pm pacific is how long from now :S?
    about 6 hours
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  13. #213
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum

    ya ok im going to bed

  14. #214
    Dreadlord Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    916
    Aw what, 11 PM? Yeah.. I'm just going to go to sleep now, which is perfect because if I sleep for around 6 or 7 hours I won't miss much and will be able to hop right into ToT farming and lore hunting for the mad queen.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    its 11pm pacific

    ive said it like 2 times already


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twUCEfzrDk

    like all the patches so far, it will be at 11 pm

    tonight

    effectively tuesday

    in addition an anet-er said in lions arch map chat on sanctum of rall last night that they "try to patch right before midnight since thats an off peak time"

    given past patches, the fact they said monday evening, and that 11pm is "close to midnight"...
    That's just really awful. 2 am est? cmon...

  16. #216
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's just really awful. 2 am est? cmon...
    could be worse, could have to wait till 8 am on tuesday plus an additional 5 hour patch like every other mmo out there

    so you get it 14 hours early, sounds like a plus
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  17. #217
    ACT 1 of the "Shadow of the Mad King" update will go live late this afternoon (Pacific time), do not expect it until past midnight GMT. ^AT
    11 pm isn't late in the afternoon right? well it is but I wouldn't call it "late in the afternoon"

  18. #218
    Old God Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    10,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    could be worse, could have to wait till 8 am on tuesday plus an additional 5 hour patch like every other mmo out there

    so you get it 14 hours early, sounds like a plus
    Except if there are unique, one time events that people are missing out on it's kinda stupid. They have a 6 hour window that could have fit the entire US play schedules, launching at at 10-11PM est at the latest.

    I mean if there's nothing we'll miss by not playing until tomorrow afternoon, fine...it just didn't sound that way from the descriptions.

  19. #219
    well if it's at 11 pm it'll start here at 8 am.

    and y'know I have school n stuff so I'll miss alot D:

  20. #220
    Late in the afternoon, and don't expect it til past midnight.

    I'm not even sure how that makes sense.

    Also, I thought the only one time event was sometime on Sunday. If they end up doing the acts like Rift does them it means Act 1 lasts all the way up until they go into Act 2, Act 2 lasts until Act 3, and Act 3 until Act 4. It's not just a 1 time event, it's a set of content that's only available during each act. If you play everyday you shouldn't have a problem seeing everything at all (all of this is assuming that they will be doing it the Rift way), unless you end up not playing on Sunday.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-10-23 at 12:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •