Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Holy shitballs

LA statue goes boom

Have fun storming the castle all. I'll try it later on tonight.

Oh good lord. Fighting the Mad King is freaking stupid.

Getting feared off the platform and chained pulled by a dozen or so mobs is pretty lame. Even worse that it incurs debt AND resets.

Whatever. Not interested in this kind of event.

Deleted
    The dungeon is incredibly broken for groups right now :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Oh good lord. Fighting the Mad King is freaking stupid.

Getting feared off the platform and chained pulled by a dozen or so mobs is pretty lame. Even worse that it incurs debt AND resets.

Whatever. Not interested in this kind of event.
    Best part: Reward is a 10 slot Bag and 5 of the rare crafting-mats

Deleted
    (spoiler)

you don't kill the mad king, it says after you complete it that you have delayed his return. so I guess an even bigger thing is going to come

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    (spoiler)

you don't kill the mad king, it says after you complete it that you have delayed his return. so I guess an even bigger thing is going to come
    That's just so he can come back next year :-p

There is a chest a long ways down also, so don't miss it. Not sure how you get to it since we had a necro that had reduced falling damage, but there's probably a way.

Eh.. no, act 4 will involve him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think i'll be doing the dungeon again, don't really have any need for 10 slot bags lol.

I soloed him for 30 minutes and brought him to 75%, but it was going so slow falling off the platform because i was fighting him @spawn and when he went to the lower lvls it just became a pain to fight those spiders alongside so i gave up and i'm going to try and get a working group.

So I did that beta thing to increase the FoV a couple days ago, and now after entering the mad king dungeon my zoomout is like this now... http://i.imgur.com/LjIIK.jpg

I def couldn't zoom out that far before the dungeon.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-10-28 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    Well I enjoyed it, just did it on 2 chars. I liked the fountain cinematic a lot, I'm more and more impressed every act with how much work they're putting into such a small time-frame event.

If you're trying to do it with people on different servers, you all need to enter from the same overflow map or it won't work though, so if you wanna do it with friends cross server just make sure you're all on the same LA overflow before entering, we had some problems with that.

Deleted

Soloing Mad King Thorn, like a Guardian.

I didn't know it was a group dungeon. /facepalm

When it said explorable (2), I thought it was like a Rift Chronicle. So I assumed I could solo the thing. Got to the second part where you fight him w/pumpkins and glow spiders. Then was like, "Wtf? This is near impossible..."

Then a friend was like, "Its a explorable mode dungeon, dumbass."

And I was like, "Oh. I see... LF4M?"

When it said explorable (2), I thought it was like a Rift Chronicle. So I assumed I could solo the thing. Got to the second part where you fight him w/pumpkins and glow spiders. Then was like, "Wtf? This is near impossible..."

I know i was soloing too but was getting owned decided to leave after a guilidie got a group for it. I knew after it started it was ment for more ppl but there was nothing indicating that you had to be in a group.

Did the dungeon and had quite a bit of fun. The only thing that I really found challenging was getting down to the lower levels lol. My group was trying to figure out where was safe and not safe to make it down to the platforms the Mad King teleported to, at one point the group jumped down and all of us but one died and the one who lived was a Charr so someone made a joke about cats always landing on their feet which got a laugh out of everyone. All in all this event has been really fun, I started this event at level 60 something and am now at 73 because I've been doing so many of the events along with continuing my personal story.

The part I've had the most fun with so far is going into the mad king's labyrinth when it's filled with enemies, I also liked the pvp version of this place as well but definitely like the pve version more. Also the dota style map is fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    not well thought out at all?

hyperbole much?

having extra players running with you 1) lets you race them, 2) limits the amount of instances they have to create (inb4 why not one giant instance like normal?) and 3) increases the feeling of fear and suspense when you see someone fall into the souls or gets swallowed up by them. sounds like a whole crapload of "thought" went into designing the puzzle. not to mention its the only puzzle of its kind. pretty sure they had to think that all out too

so no, just because you suck at the puzzle and need to blame someone else to avoid bruising your ego doesnt make the puzzle "not well thought out"

and no, theres never anywhere near 15 people at once

and to all those complaining about camera: stop key turning
    1. I completed it, so I guess I don't suck at it huh?

2. Yes it's a bad design philosophy when the majority of the challenge comes from other people blocking your view and hitting invisible walls in mid jump.

3. Your opinions =/= my opinions.

4. Nice of you to personally attack me and assume you know anything about me. All I did was state a personal opinion and you jumped all over me. Fan boy much?

10+ Year Old Account

Lol... seems like you jumped a bit too quick into the conclussion that the design was utter bullshit. I kinda liked the dungeon, but I don't intend to farm it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    4. Nice of you to personally attack me and assume you know anything about me. All I did was state a personal opinion and you jumped all over me. Fan boy much?
    There was no personal attack towards you at all. Plus, you're known as a narrow minded poster, remember the guardian change? you got extremely mad and all you did was go in a straight line trying to make people say "yes I agree with you lets raise our pitchforks!".
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-10-28 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Well I enjoyed it, just did it on 2 chars. I liked the fountain cinematic a lot, I'm more and more impressed every act with how much work they're putting into such a small time-frame event.

If you're trying to do it with people on different servers, you all need to enter from the same overflow map or it won't work though, so if you wanna do it with friends cross server just make sure you're all on the same LA overflow before entering, we had some problems with that.
    While I agree that I think they did an overall decent job with the event, I still think they should be focusing WAY MORE effort on fixing everything that is still broken with the game and not so much on the "fluff" content that the Halloween event is. I'd rather have working professions, traits, DEs, etc over a holiday event anyday of the week. Just my two cents though.

Deleted