Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It would be cool if they increased drop rates of keys just for this holiday.
    I agree!! What's the drop rate currently? Is the rough % known? I just know its awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Don't know what the drop rate is. It has to be super low though as I have only gotten one from a drop across 8 characters since the game released. The rest of the keys have been gotten by rewards of map completions and the personal story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Don't know what the drop rate is. It has to be super low though as I have only gotten one from a drop across 8 characters since the game released. The rest of the keys have been gotten by rewards of map completions and the personal story.
    I've gotten 3 from drops (1 from a Moa, 1 from daily achievemtn and then 1 from a jumping puzzle chest) then I've also gotten 12 keys from black lion chests themselves I remember I ended up opening 13 chests in a row due to an ungodly string of loot drops xD.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I agree!! What's the drop rate currently? Is the rough % known? I just know its awful.
    It's a 100% drop rate...

from the gem store...

which is probably what they are counting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It's a 100% drop rate...

from the gem store...

which is probably what they are counting on.
    You don't say! You can get it in-game as well though, which is pretty solid. I've opened at least a dozen boxes without purchaisng a single key.

Deleted
    buy tons of chests now they're low on price -> wait till the holidays -> sell chests when their price goes up -> WOO

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    buy tons of chests now they're low on price -> wait till the holidays -> sell chests when their price goes up -> WOO
    I'm sitting on around 3k chests I bought up awhile ago. Doesn't have to go up much for me to make some money on them lol (bought them all for 1-2 copper)

Can't wait.Nice we even get free devil horns.I love halloween and I know I will buy probably every costume and mini for this holiday event.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the contents of the chests are randomly created when the chest is spawned / found or when you open it.
    Could be terribly disappointing for people who mass buy them on Halloween.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    You don't say! You can get it in-game as well though, which is pretty solid. I've opened at least a dozen boxes without purchaisng a single key.
    Oh yeah I know...I love the model for this game. I have only opened boxes with the keys I've found and will not buy any others. I'm just stating the obvious that they plan on some revenue by putting super awesome chainsaws in those things. I wish I had saved my keys for now though.

Deleted
    the amount of gold you need to have for 100 gems got doubled x.x

10+ Year Old Account
    the amount of gold you need to have for 100 gems got doubled x.x
    Simple, buy gems, sell them for gold, wait till the mad rush is gone buy more gems for the money you made!

Deleted
    Simple, buy gems, sell them for gold, wait till the mad rush is gone buy more gems for the money you made!
    they say it's gonna stay like this till the end of christmas, but it's not clear if it will get back to it's previous price at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah someone has mentioned that they would never let that happen...I just don't have a credible source, but I know it's been mentioned. Something about them intentionally making sure the exchange rate only benefits one way, so you can't get more gems out of the action. Otherwise they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Also, if you think about it...the more gold that is put into the game, IE people accumlating wealth means that there has to be some form of inflation at some point. It seems that raising the gem-> gold so that you can get more gold back going forward will encourage more people buying gems in order to turn them into gold. They just won't let you turn it back to make a profit supposedly.

I knew gem prices were gonna go up with the news of the event, so I bought 2k with gold and I'll probably buy another 1600 gems with cash. Just from last night til now the price of gems has gone up 9 silver per 100 gems.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I knew gem prices were gonna go up with the news of the event, so I bought 2k with gold and I'll probably buy another 1600 gems with cash. Just from last night til now the price of gems has gone up 9 silver per 100 gems.
    I feel like you are my dark money making apprentice now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I feel like you are my dark money making apprentice now.
    lol, I was gonna try to take advantage of the system even more til I realized you sells gems for less gold than you buy the gems for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yeah someone has mentioned that they would never let that happen...I just don't have a credible source, but I know it's been mentioned. Something about them intentionally making sure the exchange rate only benefits one way, so you can't get more gems out of the action. Otherwise they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Also, if you think about it...the more gold that is put into the game, IE people accumlating wealth means that there has to be some form of inflation at some point. It seems that raising the gem-> gold so that you can get more gold back going forward will encourage more people buying gems in order to turn them into gold. They just won't let you turn it back to make a profit supposedly.
    Yeah... I know that's why I said buy the gems WAIT FOR THE RUSH TO DIE DOWN AFTER SELLING THEM and then buy them back and then some, like I'm talking a good month or two, not the same day!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It says "Strange energies are rising under the autumn moon." If I log in tonight will I see somEthing or is everything just starting on the 22nd?

Thank you!
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

Starts on the 22nd.