Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    I never exerienced WoW holiday events as something spectacular.
    just some side quests really.

Did I do something wrong?
    not really

they always seemed more like chores than anything
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Can't wait to see what all the halloween goodies will be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    If you're in the WoW mindset, you should be used to "filler patches". WoW does the holiday events, too, you know. Hundreds of new scenarios, puzzles, ect would most likely be an expansion, not a patch.
    Totally disagree but then were bound to. It is good to see an update 2 months in, they did say they would offer more updatesthan other mmos, at tis rate they will do, but it still doesn't feel major, like wow patches do to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Totally disagree but then were bound to. It is good to see an update 2 months in, they did say they would offer more updatesthan other mmos, at tis rate they will do, but it still doesn't feel major, like wow patches do to me.
    thats b/c you get alot more at once
    The Original Ganksta

I have to disagree with you dray once again. I do enjoy the WoW patches, but when they were so spaced...it felt good for a lil bit and after a while you were "Oh hell" again... Now that they "trying" to make patches more present, the last few simply spoke from themselves...being the true filler patches, not only recycling but not enough goodies.

But speaking of Gw2 this patch feels good, even more because if you wan't to compare if you have to do it "right" (And of course that's subjective..but at least put all facts together). It's not major major, but more than I would expect. The game is fresh, still alot of issues to work out and yet they find the time not only for fixes, not only for holiday stuff, but more content incoming be it PvE or PvP. So really, I simply cannot complain about it, 2 months. 60 bucks, more content incoming. Most subs would require a wait for what? 4 to probably 6 months before a not-so-big content patch? Isn't that...equivalent of 90 bucks of fees, meaning a new game and a half for each time you get a patch?

Anyhow, by that matter I really think even if there wasn't the unralated holiday updates. Would be good, but we get more. And Im happy for it o/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    In addition to the holiday events it's a major content patch.

New events
    New jumping puzzles
    New bosses
    New mini-dungeons
    New achievements

I haven't finished the last batch of stuff!

I was already excited at new stuff being added in for Halloween and stuff, then they had this as the last thing to read and i just cheered, so happy. Looking forward to seeing those new jumping puzzles, and hope they continue to do more in the future, it's a really great addition to this game.

The secret world does monthly updates. However if you count bug fix updates then yes they are winning. If you are talking content updates TSW is winning.

New jumping puzzles?! :>

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    New jumping puzzles?! :>
    Is it me or does that floating castle jumping puzzle resemble another floating castle already in the game?

Deleted
    Zito

stahp

im like

overly exited now

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    Zito

stahp

im like

overly exited now
    You.... just now notice it D:?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Is it me or does that floating castle jumping puzzle resemble another floating castle already in the game?
    Ohh I sure do hope so. That's a pretty neat place for Halloween activities. I hope there's a difficultly factor for that one, instead of just a straight shot common sense path upward spiral.

So a little less then 2 months after release they release their first major patch including a halloween event? I'm impressed, good job Anet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    allegedy we can already access the castle in kryta
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I have to disagree with you dray once again. I do enjoy the WoW patches, but when they were so spaced...it felt good for a lil bit and after a while you were "Oh hell" again... Now that they "trying" to make patches more present, the last few simply spoke from themselves...being the true filler patches, not only recycling but not enough goodies.

But speaking of Gw2 this patch feels good, even more because if you wan't to compare if you have to do it "right" (And of course that's subjective..but at least put all facts together). It's not major major, but more than I would expect. The game is fresh, still alot of issues to work out and yet they find the time not only for fixes, not only for holiday stuff, but more content incoming be it PvE or PvP. So really, I simply cannot complain about it, 2 months. 60 bucks, more content incoming. Most subs would require a wait for what? 4 to probably 6 months before a not-so-big content patch? Isn't that...equivalent of 90 bucks of fees, meaning a new game and a half for each time you get a patch?

Anyhow, by that matter I really think even if there wasn't the unralated holiday updates. Would be good, but we get more. And Im happy for it o/
    I agree with what you say here, its nice to see this patch, like I said I had that wow mentality of big patch hitting, but 2 months in and new content is quite a good indicator of things to come. It helps keep the game fresh, I sometimes wonder whether the pacing of patches is wrong in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with what you say here, its nice to see this patch, like I said I had that wow mentality of big patch hitting, but 2 months in and new content is quite a good indicator of things to come. It helps keep the game fresh, I sometimes wonder whether the pacing of patches is wrong in wow.
    when content patches essentially consist of raids then the long duration between patches is a good thing. it gives players times to progress through the raid

however once you drop the new raid you essentially say "ok, thats enough of the previous raid, dont do it again" esp with the alternative gearing systems introduced in wrath and cata which makes gathering the last tier trivial. so you cant release too often, esp nowadays

this isnt always the case, see TBC/prebc raiding. or rift.

then again you dont want an excessively long time between fresh new content, see sunwell, black temple, ICC, DS

if wow wants to speed up their patches we're going to see alot of 4.1 style patches. which isnt a bad thing but the expectation for so long has been "new patch, new raid"

the 6-8 week content cycle is good, gives enough time for people to play through stuff while not being too long. most importantly its long enough to develop said content

ive always liked how RS does their content, essentially weekly or bi-weekly new content
    sadly each "new thing" isnt really that big, except for new quests which are monthly releases and are already pipelined so they have multiple content being developed at the same time
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-10-14 at 06:03 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

If you want to talk about the Halloween event in Guild Wars 2- that would be awesome.

Getting a bit too far off topic here.

-- Fencers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If you want to talk about the Halloween event in Guild Wars 2- that would be awesome.

Getting a bit too far off topic here.

-- Fencers
    My fault, any videos of this event?

10+ Year Old Account
    Something Colin said in the MMORPG.com interview:

News on Halloween will be coming shortly! And if your readers are planning ahead, they should make sure in particular to save Sunday, October 28th on their calendar in particular for a very special mid-day (Pacific Time) event. More details to come, in game, as the date approaches…
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Im hoping they go a little more out there than what I could find with guild wars 1 although it looked on par with hallows eve in wow, really looking forward to this event
    and for the talk of little content they did also say more is releasing in november aswell
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right