Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I didn't know it was a group dungeon. /facepalm

When it said explorable (2), I thought it was like a Rift Chronicle. So I assumed I could solo the thing. Got to the second part where you fight him w/pumpkins and glow spiders. Then was like, "Wtf? This is near impossible..."

Then a friend was like, "Its a explorable mode dungeon, dumbass."

And I was like, "Oh. I see... LF4M?"
    Me, Glytch, and Larynx 3 manned it on our 80's and our <20 alts, i greatly enjoyed the instance and the fights... then again i'm ranged and wasn't an idiot like glytch and larynx who tried to melee the scarecrows that were dropped near a cliff xD.

I kinda hope they make more instances where it's just one epic boss fight like that tbh...

PS: So... what did the mad king eat in order to get so big?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Lol... seems like you jumped a bit too quick into the conclussion that the design was utter bullshit. I kinda liked the dungeon, but I don't intend to farm it at all.

There was no personal attack towards you at all. Plus, you're known as a narrow minded poster, remember the guardian change? you got extremely mad and all you did was go in a straight line trying to make people say "yes I agree with you lets raise our pitchforks!".
    Stop living in the past dude.

For thoose who missed the cinematic (+ screenshots from the instance).

It was really fun but... yeah, entering it with 5 people is quite an achievement. Love how everyone can do it since minimal level to enter it is 2. Can't wait to do it few times more when everything is sorted out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    I was like: "fuck when is this think going to show up?!" and then after a few seconds POOF

Deleted
    And because of that you would lose a lot of customers. You have to balance it put. Sure, the bugs must be dealt with and as swift as possible - but halting every kind of content addition till most of them are fixed will ruin you faster as you can say SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Well fuck.
    Soloing Mad King (as thief), he's down to 10% after a rather lengthy fight, servers crash.

>_<

I'll give this a pass for a day or two, hopefully anet can fix the party issues until then. Would be nice having guild chat aswell, it's currently lagging behind roughly half an hour, and 90% of messages are simply never shown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you expected legendaries on the chest? on all games those kind of bosses drop fluff, not TIER190909 LOOT THAT SHINES IN THE DARK WHILE YOU SLAY THE BLACK DARKNESS OF EVIL 666† ZERGLING.

Plus it's the begining of an act that some people wanted to be present, it's sunday, hello influx of players (this is the first act im present, a lot of my friends did the same in expectation of it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    While I agree that I think they did an overall decent job with the event, I still think they should be focusing WAY MORE effort on fixing everything that is still broken with the game and not so much on the "fluff" content that the Halloween event is. I'd rather have working professions, traits, DEs, etc over a holiday event anyday of the week. Just my two cents though.
    Yes, but you know how much butt hurt and rage would fill every nook and cranny had Anet not put forth anything worthwhile for one of their two huge events from GW1 in GW2? It'd be like if blizz just told everyone they weren't going to do the halloween event one year so they could fix some bugs...

That being said, they also did put a huge update with class balances, and bugs in the patch that brought the Halloween content, so i wouldn't say they wasted much time on it, most of it was probably art team doing stuff anyway, and i mean cmon... what do they really get to do now that the games out? (I said MOSTLY art team btw, not all them... clearly stuff had to be programmed for the different zones and encounters and blah blah blah)
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Forgot about this thread, yep its official I do not trust ANet anymore. Mad king chests? Go and madly fuck yourself its the exact same droprate except it essentially cuts your "2nd chance" in half because it uses 6 pots.

In other news the servers are lolzabroken and I managed to solo the mad king as a necro (use pets and cycle them - rally off scarecrows) and I got terrible horrible loot.

For finishing the boss - a choice of 5 of any crafting holiday mat - 10 slot bag
    For looting the chest - 3 greens - 1 undead potion - 2 fangs

Horrible loot as expected and since the labyrinth is broken aswell thats even better.

Risk = >9000
    Reward = 0
    I got an exotic my first try at the mad king, my next 2 i got just greens. Im guessing you should try more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I got an exotic my first try at the mad king, my next 2 i got just greens. Im guessing you should try more.
    Actually I did too lol and didn't realize ! lvl 78 mace

10+ Year Old Account

I almost forgot about taking a picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I expected something worth my bloody time, even the exotics are shit since you cant sell them. Most games manage to give you cool little gimicky things to hold onto, but as per usual GW has to be "different" and give you scams for skins, and useless crap you dont need that dissapears after 1 use or requires 100g+ to craft in the mystic forge.
    Do you need them in order to be "good"? If you don't really need them, then what? feel entitled? it's just a weird reasoning that most mmo players tend to have, Entitlement for EVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Well you expected legendaries on the chest? on all games those kind of bosses drop fluff, not TIER190909 LOOT THAT SHINES IN THE DARK WHILE YOU SLAY THE BLACK DARKNESS OF EVIL 666† ZERGLING.

Plus it's the begining of an act that some people wanted to be present, it's sunday, hello influx of players (this is the first act im present, a lot of my friends did the same in expectation of it)
    My level 31 ranger got the level 80 Mad Kings Crown, so it's not like you can't get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Yes, but you know how much butt hurt and rage would fill every nook and cranny had Anet not put forth anything worthwhile for one of their two huge events from GW1 in GW2? It'd be like if blizz just told everyone they weren't going to do the halloween event one year so they could fix some bugs...

That being said, they also did put a huge update with class balances, and bugs in the patch that brought the Halloween content, so i wouldn't say they wasted much time on it, most of it was probably art team doing stuff anyway, and i mean cmon... what do they really get to do now that the games out? (I said MOSTLY art team btw, not all them... clearly stuff had to be programmed for the different zones and encounters and blah blah blah)
    I agree with you, don't get me wrong, I was just saying I wish they would focus a bit more on the stuff that has been broken since launch day or even the BWEs. I've been enjoying the Halloween event (for the most part) but still wish they would push out bug fixes a bit faster. You hardly ever see anyone on a Necro anymore because so much about them is busted. And that's just one example.

I'm glad they did the Halloween stuff, yes, but even all of that has been broken throughout the week. Every new act that has come out has had stuff not working, has been exploited, etc, etc. It's a growing trend with everything Anet releases, and it's starting to worry me.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I completed it, so I guess I don't suck at it huh?

2. Yes it's a bad design philosophy when the majority of the challenge comes from other people blocking your view and hitting invisible walls in mid jump.

3. Your opinions =/= my opinions.

4. Nice of you to personally attack me and assume you know anything about me. All I did was state a personal opinion and you jumped all over me. Fan boy much?

also, its silly to think a designer went "lets force them to not have fun" as you are insinuating

i would say im surprised but then again this is mmoc
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    No I expected something worth my bloody time, even the exotics are shit since you cant sell them. Most games manage to give you cool little gimicky things to hold onto, but as per usual GW has to be "different" and give you scams for skins, and useless crap you dont need that dissapears after 1 use or requires 100g+ to craft in the mystic forge.
    Yeah, i'd rather spend 100g to craft something in the forge then have a .00000001% chance of getting the item i want everytime i farm the fucking boss... you know how many years i went before i got the fucking horse in WoW? And once i got it it wasn't even on the toon i wanted, but yeah, lets make it bound to the character you get it on, not the account because why would we want to make it so we can enjoy the rest of halloween events instead of mindlessly grinding a boss that scales piss poorly to anyone who had an hour to play for gear... cause you know THAT'S the better model...

Geez you people...

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post

also, its silly to think a designer went "lets force them to not have fun" as you are insinuating

i would say im surprised but then again this is mmoc
    Once again, your opinion=/=my opinion.

You can stop now.

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 03:57 PM ----------

What...?

I didnt say anything about being good or having some fulfilment, I just want something worth my time, I spent more on repairs than I made back from the chest. (thanks server)

And dont sit there and call me entitled, im not asking for it on a silver platter, im asking for a decent reward for doing something they deem a "challenging event". So dont give me that entitlement shite.
    Ignore him, he likes to antagonize anyone who seems to disagree with what Anet says or does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you, don't get me wrong, I was just saying I wish they would focus a bit more on the stuff that has been broken since launch day or even the BWEs. I've been enjoying the Halloween event (for the most part) but still wish they would push out bug fixes a bit faster. You hardly ever see anyone on a Necro anymore because so much about them is busted. And that's just one example.

I'm glad they did the Halloween stuff, yes, but even all of that has been broken throughout the week. Every new act that has come out has had stuff not working, has been exploited, etc, etc. It's a growing trend with everything Anet releases, and it's starting to worry me.
    Oh don't get me wrong, i REALLY want them to fix some stuff, I've been not using a drake pet since launch (hell made me roll a sylvari ranger instead of human because of it!) because all they will use is their auto attack or their breathe when commanded sevearly gimping both their survivability and damage output... Not to mention the whole search and rescue/lick wounds thing only working about 50% of the time blah blah blah, however with how awesome the event is i'm willing to look past the lack of some of those launch long bugs being fixed, and i know they'll fix them in due time, the game has been out for 2 months today after all, and they've fixed so much so far!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, your opinion=/=my opinion.

You can stop now.

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 03:57 PM ----------

Ignore him, he likes to antagonize anyone who seems to disagree with what Anet says or does.
    "glytch proved me wrong with logic

obviously an opinion"
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass