Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    I keep thinking to myself that clock tower is when most people realize "hey, you really aren't a good player. Don't expect to succeed at everything in life because you won't. You aren't a winner" and most of the backlash are those people in denial of this simple life lesson

<insert goddamn whippersnappers, 15 miles to school uphill both ways in the snow>
    What was that glytch? Needed me to help you figure out the borderlands jumping puzzles? Can't jump down to mad king thorns bottom fighting location without killing yourself? I hear meleeing scarecrows next to a cliff works out well though....

Oh wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all the peeps that didn't get the Clock Tower achievement this year, just think - you've got a whole year to practice your jump puzzle skills and get in on it next year without having to pay a sub fee to do so
    Valar morghulis

15+ Year Old Account
    Making everyone transparent would except you i.e. ghosting/phasing out is what I added as suggestion as well. It would not make it singleplayer and missing the social aspect they loved which admittedly when you were waiting in the launch was quite nice.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

By the way I see lots of players following the mad king around lion's arch and /laughing at his racist jokes. Does that get you anything? Also is it just a nasty trick that the halloween door market "Free candy" hangs on a loading screen for 5 mintues and crashes to desktop? The door marked "treasure" moves you to above the square and drops you to your death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Making everyone transparent would except you i.e. ghosting/phasing out is what I added as suggestion as well. It would not make it singleplayer and missing the social aspect they loved which admittedly when you were waiting in the launch was quite nice.
    Well the idea is only making you transparent during the actual puzzle. At the waiting line, you're still yourself and can see everyone and everyone can see you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    By the way I see lots of players following the mad king around lion's arch and /laughing at his racist jokes. Does that get you anything? Also is it just a nasty trick that the halloween door market "Free candy" hangs on a loading screen for 5 mintues and crashes to desktop? The door marked "treasure" moves you to above the square and drops you to your death.
    Trick or trick? Look at the bright side, only in one instance you die. In the other you get to see your lovely desktop again

Deleted
    Hah, couldn't do the easiest jumping puzzle in the game?

You'll never take me alive you stupid scrapbot!

Last edited by mmoce2909da7c2; 2012-11-01 at 04:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn1992 View Post
    Hah, couldn't do the easiest jumping puzzle in the game?
    I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the other jumping puzzles.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to miss my Mad King.

Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    (For the record, yes I completed the Clock Tower)

The issue that a lot of people seem to have with it is that the actual puzzle itself isn't that hard. At least, I didn't think so. What made it frustrating were all of the things unrelated to the puzzle itself that always seemed to be getting in your way.
    What made it so hard for me was the fact sylvaris hit box thing is a good character model behind your character while running... All of those falling through invisible platforms and not making a jump despite jumping off the very edge all makes sense now...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

sorry that you didn't get it bovinity

did you not have time to log on those two days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, am I the only one a little annoyed with the fact that the entire event achievement relied on you zoning into an instance that was only open for what...two days out of the event or something like that?

Got everything done except 3/4 on Mad King's World, and no title for me. /sadface
    Well I actually finished 5/10 Halloween events and 75/150 Halloween mobs before phase 2 started (still no idea how I killed 75 creatures... In P1...) and the instance was actually open from phase 2-end of event and in there it was SUPER easy to get most of the achievements, all in all I feel it was a lot easier to get then the WoW achieves, not to mention you can get it as long as you're lv like 2...

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 11:38 AM ----------

Nah, it's purely my own fault. I kept putting it off and putting it off, and then "Holy crap where'd the instance go?!?!" when I finally went into Lion's Arch to go do it. ><
    Ouch.... It was a fun instance too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, no doubt, it was all pretty easy and non-annoying to do. In comparison to a lot of WoW's achievements, ("COLLECT 9000 MASKS LOL SUCKER") it was much more fun.
    The only thing I hated more then that mask achievement was trying to find a lv 18 or higher female dwarf...

How long will the jumping puzzle in the clock tower thing and all the cool content be accessible for? I don't really wanna do them now but don't wanna miss em either!
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I think everything goes away at 12 pst today. So you have about 2 hours to do them.

Finally finshed all the event achievements to get the title. Very enjoyable event overall.

Yes this event was awesome. I wonder what their Christmas event will be like

Also, am I the only one a little annoyed with the fact that the entire event achievement relied on you zoning into an instance that was only open for what...two days out of the event or something like that?

Got everything done except 3/4 on Mad King's World, and no title for me. /sadface
    Yeah, and if they gave any heads up about removing the MK instance prior to Act 4 then I missed it. I managed to get the achievement for myself, but when my boyfriend (who's been out of state most of this week for his sister's wedding) asked me to finish his achievements for him that is the one I couldn't complete, so he's also just that one short of the meta.

I do wish I'd known what a loot and EXP farm the labyrinth was a lot sooner. If there's anything I feel I missed out on it's not farming that place enough. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yeah, and if they gave any heads up about removing the MK instance prior to Act 4 then I missed it. I managed to get the achievement for myself, but when my boyfriend (who's been out of state most of this week for his sister's wedding) asked me to finish his achievements for him that is the one I couldn't complete, so he's also just that one short of the meta.

I do wish I'd known what a loot and EXP farm the labyrinth was a lot sooner. If there's anything I feel I missed out on it's not farming that place enough. :P
    They did give a heads up on the forums and Facebook. Just check those frequently during the next holiday event.

Deleted
    My main is Asura so i had the same problems listed above when doing the jumping puzzle with norn/charr etc but i soon realised it was possible to simple change istance and finally found one with just "standard" characters and did the puzzle.

I think it was a very funny event, maybe the best i ever did in mmo. The most funny part was the "Mad King says" in LA plaza. Hilarious.

Well done devs!

Just FYI there's a "Mad King Thorn" in the middle of Lion's Arch (where the statue used to be) giving away witch hats.