Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My father and I always argue.
    Once he was dissapointed that I did not go out very much, that he hoped I would be more like him. He called me the biggest dissapointment of a son a father could have.
    Or when my parents fought and it was about me. He said to me. If we ever were to split up, it will be entirely your fault.

I don't hold a grudge, but it is something I will always remember.

Nope, my parents are not retarded.

Yeah i got the shit beat out of me mentally and physically from 8 to 13 by my step father, but mommy dearest chose dick over her own son. Especially after the two by 4 incident, love her sort of but grudge doesnt cover it

Deleted
    About two years ago, I hit pretty much rock bottom suffering from severe depression, feeling suicidal, and was having panic attacks on regular occasions at the thought of getting up or going out or going to work. It happened once while I was driving on the motorway and I had to pull over because my whole body seized up. I was terrified because I couldn't breathe and I was on my own. Another time, a wave of panic came over me while I was taking a bath and I froze. I cried out for my parents to come and when they eventually did, they just sighed and looked at me like I was being an inconvenience, muttering about "I spose thats another day off work". They didn't bother sitting with me to calm me down, they just left me there breathless, paralysed with panic, and humiliated as I sat there helpless naked in the bath. One eventually came back, all irritated that they had to get up early to call the doctor for me, told me what to do and left again. Neither of them spoke to me for the rest of the day.

I told them I had been having these for a while at work and that it was too dangerous for me to be there (I work in a hospital) and the occupational health therapist signed me off with severe depression for five months. This annoyed my Dad and my Mum. We had a big argument about it and they decided that I was exaggerating my low mood, that I faked the panic attacks, that I told the therapist what she wanted to hear (after I showed them numerous letters of her concerns about my mental health) and that I pretended to be affected at work so that I would get signed off. Even about a year later my Dad dropped some remark about a statistic of severe depression being the most commonly feigned mental health problem, clearly implying that even now he nor my mother ever believed I really was depressed and really did have panic attacks.

Now I am in a worse place ever than before as other things have happened in my life since then and one of the things that is getting me down so much is that I cannot tell my parents any of it, because they have decided from before that nothing is wrong with me and that I fake it all. I see so many people with loving parents that would drop everything to help them feel better. Not mine. Mine just don't want to know. They would rather believe that I made it all up than help me. You would expect your parents, your own family to be the to be the very bastion of comfort, the one people who would listen to you when you are at your lowest and most troubled. Not mine. And they made that perfectly clear several years ago, and that just makes things ten times worse, because I have nobody else that can help me. It is one thing I will never forgive them for.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Should have asked them why they do that, or if they are insecure about their own sexuality which is causing them to ask that all the time? :P
    Thats because I've never had a real girlfriend, but even if I had had one I would not have let them meet her cuz they are some awfully embarrassing and abnormal people

My parents were fair. I was spanked at a young age, but they quickly stopped once I became older and more logical and they could talk to me. I've never really had anything against them, if anything I've been a bit spoiled.

Teachers are authority figures enough they somewhat fit into this discussion. Some teachers were better than others, but I held an awful grudge about the fact they didn't seem to be trying at all to deal with the bullies that were harassing me. eventually I just got out of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Combination of an alcoholic father and a severely inattentive mother while growing up, definitely lead to some strained relations between us :/.

Still nonetheless, it's nothing worth losing any sleep over since everything's well and done in the past. However that doesn't mean I ever forgave them for their actions.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-10-13 at 08:17 AM.

Growing up I knew a lot of kids that despised their parents for not really giving a shit about their selfish childish wants (momma wont gimme this, momma makes me do this, daddy yelled at me for being stupid, etc), and they spoke back to their parents and were actually just spoiled to the core. Shit, one of my good friends now is 18 and gets anything she wants and even forces her mom to buy lavish presents for other people (for birthdays and christmas only, but still..). All I know is, I think a lot of ungrateful kids are out there, kids that don't understand what true insensitivity is. Bunch of spoiled, selfish brats.

That's not to take away from anyone who really did have abusive/insensitive parents, just my view on stupid kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really, they grew into the fact that I liked/loved gaming. I stayed off the streets and away from drugs, so it was kind of a win for me win for them situation. Still follow that same concept, gaming and trance are the only drugs I need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    Growing up I knew a lot of kids that despised their parents for not really giving a shit about their selfish childish wants (momma wont gimme this, momma makes me do this, daddy yelled at me for being stupid, etc), and they spoke back to their parents and were actually just spoiled to the core. Shit, one of my good friends now is 18 and gets anything she wants and even forces her mom to buy lavish presents for other people (for birthdays and christmas only, but still..). All I know is, I think a lot of ungrateful kids are out there, kids that don't understand what true insensitivity is. Bunch of spoiled, selfish brats.

That's not to take away from anyone who really did have abusive/insensitive parents, just my view on stupid kids.
    While i know what you mean and agree, i wonder if there are really that much people out there that are hating on their parents because they didnt get the toy they wanted 15 years ago. So far i can't say its what people are saying in this thread. I didnt get a lot of stuff i wanted to have and back then i got mad, like wanting a mobile phone when i was 11. but now i can see why i didnt get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    My parents were fair. I was spanked at a young age, but they quickly stopped once I became older and more logical and they could talk to me. I've never really had anything against them, if anything I've been a bit spoiled.

Teachers are authority figures enough they somewhat fit into this discussion. Some teachers were better than others, but I held an awful grudge about the fact they didn't seem to be trying at all to deal with the bullies that were harassing me. eventually I just got out of there.
    While teachers can be pretty awfull.. its still diffrent to me as they arent family. Your parents should love you unconditionally and not really do the horrible things i read from people here. Not that teachers can do as they please because they're not family, but its still diffrent to me.
    When i see a random abusing or worse another stranger its shocking, But when i see parents doing so to their own kids.... it always seems worse to me
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2012-10-13 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    While i know what you mean and agree, i wonder if there are really that much people out there that are hating on their parents because they didnt get the toy they wanted 15 years ago. So far i can't say its what people are saying in this thread. I didnt get a lot of stuff i wanted to have and back then i got mad, like wanting a mobile phone when i was 11. but now i can see why I didn't get one
    Well I blame myself for not asking for a N64 when I was younger (I really wanted one, now I couldn't care less, don't lie awake of it and I NEVER "hated" my parents over it) (and ofcourse you got Emulators)

Never dared to ask my parents for anything, not sure if it's fear of rejection or a feeling of being inferior and not deserving (or a combination).
    I get everything one could ask for though, so I'm not complainin. I'm just not sure where these feelings come from.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-10-13 at 10:30 AM.

My mom for not seeking help, and not leaving her "boyfriend" in time.

My family kinda has a dark side from my mother. I will always wondor what made my dad fall inn love with her inn the first place.

Anywho its just another case of social inheritage. Some people just dont leave it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    With me I think it was the pressure from my mum to be "super intellectual". She didn't have a son (he died a baby) so it was upto me to be a "son" to her and provide a massive income and look after her.

How can you expect your child to perform when you wouldn't even acknowledge them previously?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing serious here, just a bad feeling when it comes to promises.
    My mom had a bit of a habit of giving empty promises. More or less it went: (16th birthday)"When you get 18 we pay you your drivers license". (18th birthday)"When you start your drivers license we'll pay half of it." Finally I did my drivers license at 21 and paid all of it. Same went for the car. Or when my old printer broke (it was in the 90's) and my mom told me that for x-mas she would pay half of the replacement costs. Nope, didn't happen either.

Otherwise, when I was still living with my parents all of my bad days were blamed on the computer and I was told that I think too much about that damn machine (which I might have). However, not long after I moved out and got married she at least appologized for that and told that she now understands how the PC can be so addicting.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

10+ Year Old Account
    Good god there's so many things I can say about my exstep dad. He said the dogs were more important then me. Made fun of the fact I was born with under developed Achilles tendons that made me walk on my tip toes. He used to say he'd get me ballerina slippers for Christmas. Told me when I was young that children didn't have rights and I had to do EVERYTHING he said, no matter what. And if my mom didn't like it he'd kick her down the road. She didn't hear that part. He said many more things that don't come to mind now.

And now that I'm on my own, I don't have anything to do with him. And my mom doesn't know why, XD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob D View Post
    Nothing serious here, just a bad feeling when it comes to promises.
    My mom had a bit of a habit of giving empty promises. More or less it went: (16th birthday)"When you get 18 we pay you your drivers license". (18th birthday)"When you start your drivers license we'll pay half of it." Finally I did my drivers license at 21 and paid all of it. Same went for the car. Or when my old printer broke (it was in the 90's) and my mom told me that for x-mas she would pay half of the replacement costs. Nope, didn't happen either.

Otherwise, when I was still living with my parents all of my bad days were blamed on the computer and I was told that I think too much about that damn machine (which I might have). However, not long after I moved out and got married she at least appologized for that and told that she now understands how the PC can be so addicting.
    Oh i know all about broken promises aswell! my mom owes me about 2,000 euro total. i know i won't ever see that again though.
    I know my mom spent more on my troughout my entire life, but that was her choice to do so.
    I only lend her money with strict rules now, as she can forget me doing it again if i don't see it back within the timeframe!

Deleted
    My mam was awesome and I can't really remember any incident of her saying something mean without me being a little brat and causing the situation to escalate. My dad on the other hand... when I was about 12-13 my brother and I were arguing, as teens do, at which point I called my brother something, I honestly can't remember what I called him. My dads reaction was to grab me by the throat and push me up against the wall and scream in my face. I think it was more the shock than anything, as I certainly wasn't expecting it. Looking back on the situation it really wasn't all that bad, it was a one off thing and it didn't really hurt me.
    Also, don't know if this counts because it wasn't said about me. I remember he asked me when I was 15 if my brother was a "faggot", because he only bothered with other boys. When I said "I don't think so dad", his reply was, word for word, "I think I'd die if any of my kids were queer." That's stuck with me ever since.

Deleted
    My father is a drunk abusive asshole. My mother is not that bad but I hate her for never daring to go against my father, never speak to them nowadays.

They never really cared for what I was doing and how I was feeling at all. All they wanted me to do was get good grades in school, got yelled at and threatened by my father if I didn't perform to his expectations. Nevermind the fact I was out and drinking with people way older than me when I was 13, they didn't care, they didn't care that I tried some drugs aslong as my grades were good. Made for a downward spiral. Got yelled at and threatened if I didn't meet up to my fathers expectations when it came to performing in school.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a parent yell that I'm a good for nothing for playing games all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanaSlave View Post
    About two years ago, I hit pretty much rock bottom suffering from severe depression, feeling suicidal, and was having panic attacks on regular occasions at the thought of getting up or going out or going to work. It happened once while I was driving on the motorway and I had to pull over because my whole body seized up. I was terrified because I couldn't breathe and I was on my own. Another time, a wave of panic came over me while I was taking a bath and I froze. I cried out for my parents to come and when they eventually did, they just sighed and looked at me like I was being an inconvenience, muttering about "I spose thats another day off work". They didn't bother sitting with me to calm me down, they just left me there breathless, paralysed with panic, and humiliated as I sat there helpless naked in the bath. One eventually came back, all irritated that they had to get up early to call the doctor for me, told me what to do and left again. Neither of them spoke to me for the rest of the day......
    Seriously guys , I really don't understand all she shit about "panic" attacks and depressions . Considering all the things I have been thru lately I guess I should be depressed and suicidal 24/7 ... but I'm not , I don't even feel the need to talk about it , I know this is life , sometimes it's shitty , but you have to keep going .
    How the fuck does getting depressed or panicking help you , you will just feel more shitty , just get over it and go forward . I have never been to a psychiatrist and never will go (a complete waste of money) and I see today a lot of young kids that "feel the need to talk to one" ... I mean WTF , do kids nowadays are made from glass .

BAH , anyway the only thing I was mad about my mom , was when I was 13-18 and she said I was a bad person when I was intoxicated , although she NEVER saw me drunk and when I was intoxicated all that was different about me was that I was a lot more talkative , I was a lot more cheerful and I was a lot more friendly than usual (exactly the opposite of what my mom thought I was) , she kept going until I got enough of it and embarassed her a little in front of some friends about lying about my behavior .