Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    Its ok if EU gets more world firsts in WoW. Its because they are so pissed we get more world firsts in the Olympics in their homeland. . Especially when Us gets as much Bronze as UK gets gold .
    2012 medal count
    *Raises hand*

Hell, I'm from the UK, and I'm not particularly bothered about the Olympics; I was simply proud that we won far more than we usually do, and that most of us have a mentality of "china and the USA win everything because they're huge superpowers, have a far bigger selection of sports-people, are huge countries. We're fine, not bitter, and proud to be good at ANYTHING." Plus I think the fact we won Tennis finally just sealed it.

I have not met or spoken to one person who is "pissed" about America getting more medals.
    Good on you.

OT: I have no idea why EU always wins, there seem to be fantastic players from every single region.
    I can't think of any social concepts or even genetic ones that might make Americans "worse gamers", because they're not.

Deleted
    In my opinion, EU guys are more intelligent and better educated than American guys. Therefore the EU guilds are quicker to learn and pick up on boss mechanics.

Also EU guys are in better shape and better physical condition allowing them to do all nighters and still perform to the best of their ability. Look at Sco, GM of Method. He is in good shape and looks healthy. Now loot at Araat, GM of Blood Legion. He is overweight and in terrible physical condition.

Its ok if EU gets more world firsts in WoW. Its because they are so pissed we get more world firsts in the Olympics in their homeland. . Especially when Us gets as much Bronze as UK gets gold .
    2012 medal count
    Since this is US vs Europe, I'm pretty sure europe got a lot more medals in the olympics than the US did, making your point look silly .

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even venture a guess. One thing I will say is that when wowprogress got the challenge mode leader boards up the first week or so, most the guilds that were in the top 20 or so for any dungeon were all EU guilds. Like 18-2 or 17-3 ratios of EU to US.

No speculation, just thought that was interesting and makes this very unsurprising.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    I don't think neither has better players, it's just that in EU you can have players without work because the social security will pay everything.
    Haha, I love this argument.

Deleted
    usa-population ~315 Million
    Canada ~34 Million
    EU-Population (27 countries that politically count as "EU") ~503 Million

So EU has potentially more players. On the other side, finnland (where paragon comes from) has only 5.4 Million population.....

Challenge-Modes could be because of the 12h earlier start of the expansion but raids started 12h early on us-realms

btw: every country out of the 27 in EU has its own different education-system, social-security structure, government, law, language (not all 27, but most of them different) a.s.o. - so please don't do any generalised judgements. You wouldn't imply that every american is in good shape because of obama while every german is overweight because of Helmut Kohl ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmut_Kohl ) - so judging from 2 guildleaders on a population of 300-500 million of people is rubbish

As far as social security goes - being without a job and have enough money for videogames, a monthly fee and a good computersystem? not gonna happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliq View Post
    Haha, I love this argument.
    Americans, such as myself, grow very apathetic toward raiding or linear things. When i think of the USA, i think of PvP, when i think of Europe, i think of linear Raids.

Just my 2cents.

Deleted
    2012 medal count
    If all the European countries add up their medals together as one, they have more than US.

On-topic:

It has nothing to do with who has the most time here, US raids as much as EU, if not more (remember BL killed HC deathwing during x-mas while EU guilds took a 3 day break). It just so happens to be that EU has been killing the end bosses slightly faster than the US, the difference isn't really that big, maybe the difference lies in experience the EU guilds have compared to the US, I'm not sure, the difference is too small to label a big reason to it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    Americans, such as myself, grow very apathetic toward raiding or linear things. When i think of the USA, i think of PvP, when i think of Europe, i think of linear Raids.

Just my 2cents.
    I have to agree with this...
    maybe im wrong but i always thought the the US always had the best Pvp players and we in EU always had the best PvE players...

and to reply to the other posters in this thread :
    The argument that we can get more World firsts because we are unemployed lazy people is just plain stupid and offensive...
    Its like me saying that you(US) would get more world firsts if the bosses droped Hamburgers instead of purples....
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2012-10-13 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    In my opinion, EU guys are more intelligent and better educated than American guys. Therefore the EU guilds are quicker to learn and pick up on boss mechanics.

Also EU guys are in better shape and better physical condition allowing them to do all nighters and still perform to the best of their ability. Look at Sco, GM of Method. He is in good shape and looks healthy. Now loot at Araat, GM of Blood Legion. He is overweight and in terrible physical condition.
    Lol if this were true then all of the fat lazy americans wouldn't win any metals at the olympics. Instead they dominate showing that they aren't fat or lazy but are in just as good physical condition as other countries. If all americans were dumb then they wouldn't invent most of the worlds inventions including the internet, the computer and the electricity you are using to see this forum.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 04:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    Since this is US vs Europe, I'm pretty sure europe got a lot more medals in the olympics than the US did, making your point look silly .
    European Union 306
    United States 104

Yep you are right. Of course the eu is 27 countries making the medal average 11.3 medals per country. The U.S. is 1 country making the medals per country 104. Winner U.S.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 04:59 AM ----------

I'd have to say its environment. U.S. is a entertainment based society. On average we throw more parties, go to more movies, and have more things to do other than wow. eu is also a colder environment so there's a longer period of staying inside out of the cold and playing wow. Paragon is from a very cold country.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU have better health care.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Lol if this were true then all of the fat lazy americans wouldn't win any metals at the olympics. Instead they dominate showing that they aren't fat or lazy but are in just as good physical condition as other countries. If all americans were dumb then they wouldn't invent most of the worlds inventions including the internet, the computer and the electricity you are using to see this forum.

European Union 306
    United States 104

Yep you are right. Of course the eu is 27 countries making the medal average 11.3 medals per country. The U.S. is 1 country making the medals per country 104. Winner U.S.

I'd have to say its environment. U.S. is a entertainment based society. On average we throw more parties, go to more movies, and have more things to do other than wow. eu is also a colder environment so there's a longer period of staying inside out of the cold and playing wow. Paragon is from a very cold country.
    i know that all americans are not lazy or dumb, but you are not helping that cause
    electricity, internet and the computer are NOT american inventions....
    just do some google( <- american invention) search if you dont believe me...

internet - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee
    electricity - http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_invented_electricity
    computer - http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa050298.htm

As far as i know US has winter too and in some states you really have some nasty cold weather, even worst than many countries in Europe, so that argument is kind of wrong...

Deleted
    Higher unemployment rates in Europe

afaik us teaches statistics in university instead from ~7 grade like eu, might be why many us raiders can't into propabilities and dps math
    correct me if im wrong but i got told this by two different us friends i asked cause some online classes i took had math questions i had expected in grade school but not university

I don't see why they keep this thread open, I mean the whole point of this thread is EU vs US, no matter how you slice it it's gonna devolve into country/continent bashing, which frankly it already has.

Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post

European Union 306
    United States 104

I have to ask one thing, have you ever been to any European country? i mean...really man? you party more? go out more? Have more to do? and the idea that EU has a colder enviroment is just way off, due the fact that most of the european countries are not that chilly and this is coming from me, who live in sweden. And fun fact, US has almost a full day ahead of EVERY european guild due to server reset? so the question is rather why do the US constantly fail at getting world firsts even with that massive head start? I cant remember a big US guild that has been in the top for a long time,perhaps Death and Taxes but that was back in Vanilla, and Exodus did a bit on Yogg-Saron but they cheated so it doesnt count.
    So your argument about the difference is completely off, wrong and about as trustworthy as the weather forecast on the news.

Oh and about the so-called "entertainment based society", i would rather say "boxed-in trigger fingers with a flag tattoed on the forehead" but thats just me ^^
    Last edited by Vampyren; 2012-10-13 at 09:49 AM.

I think cultural bias towards "hardcore" gaming plays an important part. Maybe in Europe playing games for the longer part of a day is socially acceptable. And having a welfare system that supports them without having them worry financially helps a lot.

Here in Asia, despite what people think, society has a very negative impression of young people who spend their entire day playing video games.

Note to you, not all EU countries are on welfare and helps kids play wow all day long, and socialy acceptable, perhaps, but mostly no. And as a swede myself, getting that so called "welfare help", is more then just sitting around, it actually requires some effort^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Pretty sure EU had an 8 hour head start... so that may be one factor why.
    Pretty sure raids opened 24 hours earlier in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    EU had more gold medals than the US too.
    But Europe got to enter 30+ teams/people into each event, the states had 1-3.

Although if the EU was one team I imagine they would be up there. It's all really a moot point.