Deleted
    i never played creative mate i i like the quarry's they need a fair few resources to make them and run

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Thanks a lot for this list!

I just started minecraft again (stopped playing I think when wolves came out, before 1.0 at least). So much new stuff to discover
    I was wondering, with things like buildcraft, I see that you can build quarries etc.

What is your experience on these things in survival mode. Does it take away a bit of the fun of trying to find everything yourself etc. (i.e. feels like cheating) or does it actually add another fun dimension to the game.

I don't play creative, only survival, and kind of like the 'eeryness' of the normal game.

Thanks a lot!
    with modded minecraft these days, you have SOOOOOOO many things to keep you busy that you'll appreciate not having to mine manually. and if you need to scratch that vanilla itch, you can always just go caving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ahwtx View Post
    with modded minecraft these days, you have SOOOOOOO many things to keep you busy that you'll appreciate not having to mine manually. and if you need to scratch that vanilla itch, you can always just go caving.
    Thanks!

Of all these mods, which ones do you guys like the most? I now installed buildcraft and the one that lets you chop trees at once (treecapitator I think).
    Was thinking of the one that adds more animals as well.

Is there a mod that keeps enemies from despawning? I remember a long time ago I tried to make a 'monster zoo' by trapping zombies, skeletons etc.
    However...they despawned after a while :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    hay fuzzie you seen the new snapshot blocks they look pretty
    Yeah, they look pretty dope. Too bad they're clay.

What is your experience on these things in survival mode. Does it take away a bit of the fun of trying to find everything yourself etc. (i.e. feels like cheating) or does it actually add another fun dimension to the game.
    With all the mods there is literally too much to do. The fact that you may not mine manually as much is dwarfed by the sheer number of other things that are added. Give it a try! If you're fresh to modding Minecraft, read my tutorial. If you want to go really easy check out some of the mod packs like FTB that are listed. There are basic packages that are sort of introductions to mods, only having a few.

-----------

Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Immibis Core Updated
    • Extra Bees Updated
    • OpenCCSensors Updated
    • IndustrialCraft 2 Updated
    • Buildcraft 3 Updated
    • NEI Bees Plugin Updated
    • Forge Essentials Updated
    • Rei's Minimap Updated

If using the latest Buildcraft you'll need to wait for Buildcraft addons to update as well (ABO, AP, Logistics Pipes etc.).

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 02:43 PM ----------

Of all these mods, which ones do you guys like the most? I now installed buildcraft and the one that lets you chop trees at once (treecapitator I think).
    Lately I've been loving Thermal Expansion. Very clean and easy to use mod. All time favorite is Industrialcraft 2. Not just for the mod itself but for all the addons too.

Deleted
    Cheers, thanks a lot for all the info. Can see you're passionate about it
    How does industrialcraft etc. interact with creepers? Can they blow everything up (i.e. do you need to fence everything in with a million lightsources?)

Some more questions (I know I can google and read a lot of fora in hope I can find the answer, but I hope you don't mind me asking here).
    - Are there mods with 'moving parts', so I could for example make a windmill?
    - I'm a bit confused about the difference between buildcraft and industrialcraft. It seems that both are able to make machines with input/output. Reading up on them still makes me feel confused ^^

Thanks again!

15+ Year Old Account
    Cheers, thanks a lot for all the info. Can see you're passionate about it
    How does industrialcraft etc. interact with creepers? Can they blow everything up (i.e. do you need to fence everything in with a million lightsources?)
    Almost every mod block is susceptible to explosions like vanilla blocks. One of the mods (CodeChickenCore maybe) lets you turn off creeper explosions causing world damage.

Some more questions (I know I can google and read a lot of fora in hope I can find the answer, but I hope you don't mind me asking here).
    - Are there mods with 'moving parts', so I could for example make a windmill?
    Some yes. Redpower 2 has a windmill (actually two). Buildcraft engines and quarries all "move". Computercraft Turtles also can move around the world and perform tasks for you.

- I'm a bit confused about the difference between buildcraft and industrialcraft. It seems that both are able to make machines with input/output. Reading up on them still makes me feel confused ^^
    Buildcraft focuses mostly on a power system and item/liquid transport. There are of course quarries, liquid tanks, pumps and builders too. Industrialcraft focuses more on electricity, ore processing and weapons/armor. Of course I'm missing stuff, but you get the idea. They work really good together. Buildcraft pipes connecting to Industrialcraft machines etc.

I recommend looking at spotlights and lets plays of these mods. It will help you learn what they do and how to use them correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Almost every mod block is susceptible to explosions like vanilla blocks. One of the mods (CodeChickenCore maybe) lets you turn off creeper explosions causing world damage.

Some yes. Redpower 2 has a windmill (actually two). Buildcraft engines and quarries all "move". Computercraft Turtles also can move around the world and perform tasks for you.

Buildcraft focuses mostly on a power system and item/liquid transport. There are of course quarries, liquid tanks, pumps and builders too. Industrialcraft focuses more on electricity, ore processing and weapons/armor. Of course I'm missing stuff, but you get the idea. They work really good together. Buildcraft pipes connecting to Industrialcraft machines etc.

I recommend looking at spotlights and lets plays of these mods. It will help you learn what they do and how to use them correctly.
    Thanks!

I just installed the forestry mod. As a biology researcher on social insects I'm super interested in the extra bees mod.
    I installed it, but I can't find this piece of info anywhere: 'do I need to create a new world for the beehives to spawn?'

Sorry for all the questions! I've googled it but can't find it :/

Bee hives or any new ores spawn in newly generated chunks, either new world or go out further than you have before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlothar View Post
    Bee hives or any new ores spawn in newly generated chunks, either new world or go out further than you have before.
    Aight, thanks! Is it possible to use the same world-seed though? (probably is, but just checking, as I have a really beautiful world at the moment)

15+ Year Old Account
    Aight, thanks! Is it possible to use the same world-seed though? (probably is, but just checking, as I have a really beautiful world at the moment)
    just do /seed

I think... :P

and copy that number down and use it in the new world creation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    just do /seed

I think... :P

and copy that number down and use it in the new world creation.
    It all worked! Thanks! World looks pretty much the same and I found a beehive already (:

Cheers!

15+ Year Old Account
    It all worked! Thanks! World looks pretty much the same and I found a beehive already (:

Cheers!
    Awesome! Have fun!

I still plan on doing a Bee/Extra Bees/Forestry tutorial sometime. I've kinda lost interest in Youtube for the time being. I'm starting to get back in to playing MC though. Once I get a base well established I think I'll begin.

cool fuzzzie cant wait for you to explain bees i have learned logistic pipes and AE mostly watching yours tuts and lp videos..do you have experience in tree breeding?i have been trying to breed some tree types but i suck lol..i must say that beside termal expansion forestry is my favorite mod

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kikisp View Post
    cool fuzzzie cant wait for you to explain bees i have learned logistic pipes and AE mostly watching yours tuts and lp videos..do you have experience in tree breeding?i have been trying to breed some tree types but i suck lol..i must say that beside termal expansion forestry is my favorite mod
    Not with tree breeding. It's something I'll need to learn though.

Looking forward to getting started soon. No ETA though!

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 01:15 AM ----------

• Railcraft Updated

Changelog:
    Code:
        NEW: Added Slab variants of many blocks. Used one new block ID. Special Feature: Can stack different types.
        NEW: Added four new variants of each Brick Theme. Each Theme now uses one Block Id, old Bricks moved from Cube Id to new Ids. Conversion should be mostly seamless.
        NEW: Added Abyssal Stone (Black) and all five brick variants plus slabs and stairs. Abyssal Stone generates in large Geodes beneath the oceans. Cook it in a Furnace to get Abyssal Blocks.
        INFO: Geodes have a greater than average chance of having Diamonds, Emerald or Lapis Ore inside.
        NEW: Added Quarried Stone (White) and all five brick variants plus slabs and stairs. Quarried Stone generates in large surface deposit in Forest Biomes. Cook it in a Furnace to get Quarried Blocks.
        NEW: Added Frost Bound Brick (Red), all five brick variants plus slabs and stairs. Combine 8 Ice with 1 Lapis to get 8 Frost Bound Blocks.
        NEW: Added Blood Stained Brick (Red), all five brick variants plus slabs and stairs. Combine Smooth Sandstone with Rotten Flesh or Raw Beef to get Blood Stained Blocks.
        NEW: Added Bleached Bone Brick (Yellowed), all five brick variants plus slabs and stairs. Combine Bricks and Bone Meal to get Bleached Bone Blocks.
        NEW: Added Coal Coke Blocks. Yes, they can be used as Fuel.
        NEW: Added HasWork Trigger and Pause Action to Loaders/Unloaders.
        NEW: Added "Partial" Redstone mode to Item Loaders. This mode is similar to Immediate, except it will not send Empty carts.
        CHANGE: Redesigned World Gen section of 'railcraft.cfg'. Added ability to specify new Biomes to spawn some features in. If you are using non-standard settings, please double check your configs.
        CHANGE: All Loaders/Unloaders now use Hoppers in the recipe instead of Dispensers.
        CHANGE: Painted Tank blocks can now be harvested with Silk Touch.
        CHANGE: Switch Motors/Levers now switch all adjacent Switch Tracks instead of just the first it finds.
        CHANGE: Moved Ore blocks to Railcraft Creative Tab.
        CHANGE: Increased Iron Tank blast resistance: 15 -> 20
        CHANGE: Increased Steel Tank blast resistance: 15 -> 25
        FIX: Its no longer possible for Locomotives to keep running after running out of fuel.
        FIX: Train Dispenser no longer crashes with a Stack Overflow.
        FIX: Fixed Stairs pick block.
        FIX: Painted Tank blocks now render correctly on the ground.
        FIX: Crafting Managers now correctly match metadata.
        FIX: Fixed possible crash in the Liquid Renderer due to random Forge changes.
        FIX: Railcraft now extracts its sound files to the resources folder and loads them from there, may fix issues some people have with sounds.
        FIX: Tank Cart inventory code is less bizarre and crashy.
        FIX: Disabling Steel Ingots no longer allows you to craft Steel Nuggets from Iron Ingots.
        FIX: Disabling Steel Ingots no longer allows you to craft Steel Nuggets into Iron Ingots. It will instead attempt to find a different Steel Ingot in the Ore Dictionary.
        FIX: Item Unloaders will no longer crash on carts that don't implement IInventory.
        API: Minor modification to TrackSpec to make it compatible with ID Resolver.

New Blocks require new ID's and thus new configs:

Fuzzzie's 1.5.1 Config Pack Download v2.1.3
    : http://www.mediafire.com/?365x45wm6a5xea3

Config Pack Changelog : http://paste.ubuntu.com/5656961/
    Config Pack Block/Item ID Spreadsheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&output=html

Version 2.1.3 (May 12, 2013)

• Added new Railcraft Block ID's

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-05-12 at 05:17 AM.

Looks like Thaumcraft 3 for 1.5.2 is out. Getting closer to having the mods I need to upgrade.

also buildcraft and nei plugins updated...
    only mystcraft left for me...
    Last edited by kikisp; 2013-05-12 at 10:14 PM.

yay thaumcraft!

just waiting on mystcraft and ars magica and i am allllll over a 1.5.2 world. gonna ride the 1.5.2 wave all the way to 1.6!

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Bibliocraft Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Thaumcraft 3 Updated (1.5.2)
    • Twilight Forest Updated (1.5.2)
    • ChargePads Updated (1.5.2)
    • Buildcraft Updated (1.5.2)
    • Additional Pipes Updated (1.5.2) (BC 3.5.2)
    • NEI Plugin Pack Updated

Just waiting of a few now

guys need your opinion on extrabiomes xl vs biomes oplenty?

My personal preference is BOP. I just like the way the biomes are generated in it. Extrabiomes is also good but I tend to get a ton of lag in the redwood forests.