1. #961
    Looks like the smelter for TE no longer uses sand.... uses Invar Ignots? Not sure what they are but looks like I'm sticking to the pulv/furnace method.

    Also, for any who is interested in joining the server Fuzzie showed off in one of his recent videos, PM me with your minecraft name (yes, I do banlist checks). I'll send you back a PM providing instructions along with the rules if approved. I'll send a PM also with the reason if declined. Right now, the server is restricted to frequent posters in this thread. Hope to see you soon.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2013-01-17 at 04:14 PM.
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  2. #962
    I don't know what weirdness is going on with the latest version of Thermal expansion but I just downgraded for now. As far as I am concerned it worked great before.

  3. #963
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    I don't know what weirdness is going on with the latest version of Thermal expansion but I just downgraded for now. As far as I am concerned it worked great before.
    Whats it doing?
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  4. #964
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,320
    • Thermal Expansion Updated

    It's a hotfix, so the filename will be the same. It's now 2.1.7.1 technically. Might fix some problems. Also, read the last few pages of the forum thread for those having issues. Apparently there is a Buildcraft fix that needs to happen too.

  5. #965
    Wonder if TE is still working with RedPower 2 tubes.
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  6. #966
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Wonder if TE is still working with RedPower 2 tubes.
    Haven't tested yet. If it does break I hope they don't wait on RP2 to fix something

  7. #967
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Haven't tested yet. If it does break I hope they don't wait on RP2 to fix something
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. Have to wait at least 3 months for RP2 to support TE, haha.
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  8. #968
    Ah, its nice to be able to use my machines again (TE), I was suffering from TE withdrawals for a moment there. Didn't realize how much I depended on pulverizers and just how awesome redstone conduit is for powering your buildcraft/forestry stuff (carpenter, centrifuge,squeezer etc.).

    That quickfix did wonders for me, back to business now.

    Anyone know what is the best way to generate lava or oil? Meaning can you fabricate it?


    Seems another quick fix is up for TE (wow I just updated it)
    Last edited by Moonmonk; 2013-01-18 at 12:00 AM.

  9. #969
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    Anyone know what is the best way to generate lava or oil? Meaning can you fabricate it?
    You can fabricate lava using a Magma Crucible from TE but, quite frankly, it is more efficient to just pump it out of the nether.

  10. #970
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,320
    Updates.

    Not too much today. Some bugfixes for TE and Forestry though. Make sure to pick them up.

    • Forestry Updated
    • Liquid Metals Updated
    • Thermal Expansion Updated (Same Filename)
    • Millénaire Updated


    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 04:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodachi216 View Post
    You can fabricate lava using a Magma Crucible from TE but, quite frankly, it is more efficient to just pump it out of the nether.
    As long as you can it and use a chest. Entities are still having trouble with mystcraft portals afaik.

  11. #971
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Updates.

    Not too much today. Some bugfixes for TE and Forestry though. Make sure to pick them up.

    • Forestry Updated
    • Liquid Metals Updated
    • Thermal Expansion Updated (Same Filename)
    • Millénaire Updated


    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 04:16 PM ----------



    As long as you can it and use a chest. Entities are still having trouble with mystcraft portals afaik.
    Teleport pipes for the win.
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  12. #972
    Does anyone have a good method for automatic biomass production?

    More specifically putting the fertiliser/greenery(sapling, plantballs, etc.) into the fermentor when they're needed? My current idea is so complicated and messy that I ripped it down in disgust. I suspect using Buildcraft logic gates but I haven't a clue what ones. If someone can show me a good system or explain one (really dumbed down!) would be awesome!

  13. #973
    I'm sure fuzie has covered this in his videos if not I know a few others in the mind crack team have so has dire and a few others or etho blimy the list goes on

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 07:31 AM ----------

    Just think diamond pipe

  14. #974
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    Does anyone have a good method for automatic biomass production?

    More specifically putting the fertiliser/greenery(sapling, plantballs, etc.) into the fermentor when they're needed? My current idea is so complicated and messy that I ripped it down in disgust. I suspect using Buildcraft logic gates but I haven't a clue what ones. If someone can show me a good system or explain one (really dumbed down!) would be awesome!
    You can use Logistics Supplier Pipes. You can indicate how many of both fertilizer and saplings you wish in the pipes configs and as long as you have a chest with a provider module and power for the Logistics system it will keep that many of each in the machine. Forestry machines are special in that incoming items automatically know where they're supposed to go. There are also ways of doing this with Redpower tubes using some of the new sorting machines too, but I have yet to take the time to learn that.

  15. #975
    I wish to call attention to the wonderful thing that is Biomes O' Plenty, which is something made by one of the previous ExtraBiomes XL mod team members.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ebration-v040/
    It's also compatible with Forge, and from reading a bit in the thread, it seems it is possible to tweak the configs a bit to actually get both ExtraBiomes AND Biomes O' Plenty working together.

    That's a fuckton of biomes. Biomes O' Plenty has a lot of very very dramatic biomes, and it seems to do some very curious things with cave generation in its numerous mountain biomes. Been playing on my personal server with some guildies and creating a mighty dwarven fortress in the Alps biome.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  16. #976
    umm you siad a bad word im gonna tell a mod................ oh wait *walks away whistling*

    and really can be added in with extra biomes kewls

  17. #977
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I wish to call attention to the wonderful thing that is Biomes O' Plenty, which is something made by one of the previous ExtraBiomes XL mod team members.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ebration-v040/
    It's also compatible with Forge, and from reading a bit in the thread, it seems it is possible to tweak the configs a bit to actually get both ExtraBiomes AND Biomes O' Plenty working together.

    That's a fuckton of biomes. Biomes O' Plenty has a lot of very very dramatic biomes, and it seems to do some very curious things with cave generation in its numerous mountain biomes. Been playing on my personal server with some guildies and creating a mighty dwarven fortress in the Alps biome.
    From what I understand, the next version on ExtraBiomesXL (4.0) will be merging with Biomes o Plenty. Thats gonna be a ton of biomes.
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  18. #978
    can you add this xtrablocks ee, xtraslopes, pixelartist and when you updata config?

  19. #979
    Just wanted to say thanks Fuzzzie.

    I've been following this thread since the start and watch all of your YouTube vids. I run a LAN server here using most of the mods you list, plus your config pack, and it makes it such a pleasant task to keep the server up to date. So again, thank you and keep up the fantastic work =)

  20. #980
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    From what I understand, the next version on ExtraBiomesXL (4.0) will be merging with Biomes o Plenty. Thats gonna be a ton of biomes.
    Oh my sweet goodness gracious.

    That's going to be fun. I just wish I was a better modder so I could more easily clear up the numerous ID conflicts that arise when I try to install just about ANYTHING else with that many biome mods. Biomes O' Plenty adds tons of new blocks, all sorts of new trees like Redwood and Acacia, as well as plenty of new land types... red rock, hard ice, ash, mud, and bricks/halfblocks for all those various new things, so there's a bunch of ID conflicts I'm no good at resolving. I tried adding railcraft to my server but couldn't seem to figure it out.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-01-19 at 07:58 PM.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •