If the bug persists then downgrade to Forge 497. I'm still using that and it's pretty stable.
Cool fuzzie wuzzie will sort that later
will do HEY GREEVIER hook me up bro
cheers mate would a dropbox acc be better or gdrive
As the purpose of the list is to use the most up-to-date mods I'll keep updating each version, however for your casual player who just wants something that works, the recommended version on the Forge site should be all you need.
Could please someone send me the 499 forge version, as i can't find it and i don't have a backup of it?
PM me and i'll give you my email
Ran through the updates to get them done and out of the way:
- Forge Updated
- Extra Bees Updated
- Iron Chests 2 Updated
- Steve's Carts 2 Updated
- Thaumcraft 3 Updated
- Modular Force Field System (MFFS) Updated
Thaumcraft 3 Update looks exciting. Some good changes. I'm personally happy to see Amber compression. Here's the full changelog:
- update to 1.4.7
- Welcome to tier 3!
- possible fix for corrupt nodeid count
- thaumcraft monster worldspawns can now be disabled in the config settings
- some server config settings will now be sent to the client whenever it connects
- fixed crash when displaying aspects of items without actual aspects
- added warded glass
- warded stone, glass and arcane door is now set to be completely unbreakable even for the person that placed them. They can only be picked up by using a casting wand on them.
- added iron and gold keys to grant others access to an arcane door. See your thaumonomicon for details.
- added warded pressure plates (new research)
- arcane levitators are now more responsive and individual levitators in a stack can be powered down to reduce the levitation height. Only levitators above (or below) the one that has been powered down will be counted for lift or fall distance
- aura node rarity is now configurable.
- For texture pack makers: ss_core.png was getting a bit crowded so some stuff has been moved to ss_world.png
- added another source of the aura aspect
- added another source of the Mutatio aspect
- golems no longer flee when damaged. It caused more problems than it prevented
- added amber blocks and bricks. Blocks are crafted with 4 amber and amber bricks with 4 amber blocks. All of these can be converted back into amber.
- rebalanced the casting wands (wand of the apprentice, adept and thaumaturge)
- casting wands now have their own gui elements
- changed the way data is stored for casting wands.
- slowed casting wand recharge rates while in inventory. Wands now recharge at the same rate in both tables and the players inventory. Higher tier wands have higher recharge rates.
- *WARNING*: Due to these changes there is a very small chance that existing casting wands with damage might break. You may also need to remove any wands from crafting tables and hold them in your inventory for a moment before they will start working with the new system.
- in the ongoing battle to prevent data loss, research data is now saved with the players vanilla NBT data. As a happy side-effect this seems to solve the offline/online issue. \o/
- aura data is now saved as part of the normal MC chunk data. As a result any kind of aura operations now only takes place on nodes in loaded chunks. This has already been true for the most part, but previously a small number of operations could still take place even in unloaded chunks.
- *IMPORTANT* I will be removing all legacy saving methods for both research and auras in a FUTURE update. Research data for players that haven't logged in since this update, and aura data for chunks that have not been loaded WILL be lost. Don't worry, I will give ample warning when I do it.
- added several new enchants - check your thaumonomicon for details. They do not require research to unlock.
---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:30 PM ----------
The thaumcraft update partially broke my world. All of my aura nodes vanished, and the only way to find one was to go to a new Mystcraft age or an unexplored chunk. I regenned them with the config file, but now 'my' node has moved somewhere unknown, and seems to the only node covering some vast, vast distance, because no matter how far out I go, it's still the only node my goggles see.
My machines are working and I can get the vis I need from the node, wherever it is, but now I can't find it, so I can't grow it or build a 'containment chamber' around it.
EDIT: Holy shit nevermind I found it. It respawned on a mountain near my netherportal as a god damn unstable dark node. D8 WELL this will be fun.
Now it says that minecraft cannot run with the current configuration, any idea on what to do? Would it help solve the problem to post the .txt file of forge?
Extra Bees 188.8.131.52: http://adf.ly/HlwRs
---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:43 PM ----------
---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:44 PM ----------