Can anyone tell me the best anti-girefing tool? Me and a friend have been working on a server for quite some time and been building some nice things. Now he wants some of his friends to play and I don't really trust them. What would be the best way to protect our creations? I'm using bukkit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah Optifine... Might be something that's removed from the list tbh. Hasn't been working up to snuff for a long while. Also, latest version of Iron Chest 2 is for the 1.5 snapshot. The one on my list is the last 1.4.7 version.

They'll be included in an update tomorrow.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 04:28 PM ----------

Much the same way you would set up mods for a single player client. You'll want to download a minecraft server, install forge, run it and copy the mods/configs over. You might want to tweak things yourself though.
    I changed the extension of forge from .zip to .jar, but occurs an unspecified java exception and i can't go further.
    Then i tried to set the server as it was set in the previous version i use, and i did as fuzzzie said: i merged the forge zip with the server.jar, i launched and everything was fine, but when i added the mods, configs, coremods, ecc. that's what i get:

pastebin.com/fWsqghcY

Could you please check the mod installed in the report? I installed almost all mods in this thread and i added the nether ores and the thor 2 mods (i already fixed the id problems concerning these two mods). I'd like to know if any mods doesn't have to be in the mods folder

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trayus View Post
    Could you please check the mod installed in the report? I installed almost all mods in this thread and i added the nether ores and the thor 2 mods (i already fixed the id problems concerning these two mods). I'd like to know if any mods doesn't have to be in the mods folder
    I need the full report. I'm pretty sure it's cut off at the bottom.

----

Updates

• Forge Updated
    • Optifine Updated
    • ArmorStatus HUD Updated
    • StatusEffect HUD Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Thaumcraft 3 Updated

More new updates today. I'm sure the thing most people are interested in is the new Forestry. Keep in mind that it wont work with current versions of Extra Bees of Thaumic Bees or any other mod that uses the Forestry API. Keep that in mind when installing.

There are a number of cool new features with it though, unfortunately I couldn't find a good changelog, however going into the game now you'll see a partial log on startup. You can type /forestry version to see it again at any time.

Also, a note about the config pack. Given that all these mods are updating rapidly, the config pack has become a little shabby. I intend to repack the configs using a fresh install. The new pack will have to be used on new worlds as ID's will most certainly change. I will keep the old Configs around however for those who wish to continue downloading them. I am also considering doing two versions of the configs, Easy and Hard mode. Hard mode will include all the Forestry and Gregtech hard options where as Easy will be just that, easy. If you're interested in this let me know, otherwise I'll likely just release and Easy version and people can put it back to hard if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Can anyone tell me the best anti-girefing tool? Me and a friend have been working on a server for quite some time and been building some nice things. Now he wants some of his friends to play and I don't really trust them. What would be the best way to protect our creations? I'm using bukkit.
    You can take a look at the full list of Bukkit Anti-Griefing Plugins here: http://plugins.bukkit.org/?category=12
    I don't use it myself so I can't comment on which is best.

Deleted
    I need the full report. I'm pretty sure it's cut off at the bottom.
    I changed the extension of forge from .zip to .jar, but occurs an unspecified java exception and i can't go further.
    Then i tried to set the server as it was set in the previous version i use, and i did as you said: i merged the forge zip with the server.jar, i launched and everything was fine, but when i added the mods, configs, coremods, ecc. that's what i get:

pastebin.com/fWsqghcY

15+ Year Old Account
    Then i tried to set the server as it was set in the previous version i use, and i did as you said: i merged the forge zip with the server.jar, i launched and everything was fine, but when i added the mods, configs, coremods, ecc. that's what i get:

pastebin.com/fWsqghcY
    You shouldn't have to change the extension at all. Simply drop the contents of Forge into the minecraft server JAR and run it. Don't delete META-INF with servers though.

Here's what their Wiki says:

Open your minecraft(_server).jar, open the universal zip, and drop the contents of the zip into minecraft.jar.

Make sure you delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar (DO NOT DO THIS ON SERVER) or your game will freeze at the "done loading" screen.*

If using a mod manager, place the forge zip under the jarmods section.
    I also suggest you install mods one at a time and run the game, allow it to generate all it's bits and then copy in the configs. Sometimes when you try to start up with 70+ brand new mods all at once it does funny things. When I'm doing fresh installs I always install one at a time.

As for the report, there's not much I get from that that I can help you with. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't have to change the extension at all. Simply drop the contents of Forge into the minecraft server JAR and run it. Don't delete META-INF with servers though.

Here's what their Wiki says:

I also suggest you install mods one at a time and run the game, allow it to generate all it's bits and then copy in the configs. Sometimes when you try to start up with 70+ brand new mods all at once it does funny things. When I'm doing fresh installs I always install one at a time.

As for the report, there's not much I get from that that I can help you with. Good luck.
    One thing I noticed in the pastebin is that the following mods shouldn't be installed on the server:

ArmorStatusHUD
    StatusEffectHUD
    Reiminimap
    InvTweaks

These are client-side only mods. They don't get installed on the server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    One thing I noticed in the pastebin is that the following mods shouldn't be installed on the server:

ArmorStatusHUD
    StatusEffectHUD
    Reiminimap
    InvTweaks

These are client-side only mods. They don't get installed on the server.
    I'm installing the mods in groups of 3-4 at once, but a common error i find is that correctly-loaded mods sometimes get errored when i add other mods. What could cause this?
    I get most of the errors while adding the plugins though, and i've already installed the main dependencies of each mod (in the report i posted you can see which version of each mod i'm using right now, as i do not plan to update them for a while). Please let me know if you found a compatibility issue between the mods and whether you know the order of adding the different mods.
    Last edited by mmoc845aadd5d8; 2013-01-26 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm installing the mods in groups of 3-4 at once, but a common error i find is that correctly-loaded mods sometimes get errored when i add other mods. What could cause this?
    I get most of the errors while adding the plugins though, and i've already installed the main dependencies of each mod (in the report i posted you can see which version of each mod i'm using right now, as i do not plan to update them for a while). Please let me know if you found a compatibility issue between the mods and whether you know the order of adding the different mods.
    Ok, this is how I setup the threads server... I started with a fresh clean minecraft_server.jar. I download forge, and do use the following directions:
    Thanks to the work of cpw, now Forge can be installed without modifying the server jar! THIS ONLY WORKS FOR BUILD 315 AND ABOVE!!!
    Place the universal zip into the same folder where your minecraft_server.jar is, then change the extension of the forge zip to a .jar. Run it.
    Optionally, you may use java -jar whateveryounamedtheforgezip.zip in a command prompt.
    Then I run the forge jar to make sure everything is working. (you no longer start the server using the minecraft_server.jar, you use the forge jar.) This will also create the folders you need to place your mods in.

Exit out of minecraft and when this is done, I go ahead and copy the config files that Fuzzie provided to eliminate ID errors while installing these mods. Take the coremod mods (CCC, NEI, Treecapitator) and place them into the coremods folder. (I don't do MCore yet as its a base for Ars Magica, which I'm not at yet.)

Again, run the game (remember, use the forge jar, always) and make sure it loads up.

Now we are off to the mods. I go through the list and install the big mods one by one. Starting the server each time so I can easily trace any error i get. Big mods such as, Ars Magica (which I install MCore in the coremods folder at this time since it requires it), Buildcraft, ComputerCraft, XtraBiomesXL, Factorization, Forestry, IC2, etc.

Then I start installing the smaller mods or plugins and do the same as above, restarting the server after each installed mod. Be sure to check each mod before installing it into the server to make sure it is server compatible. Not all mods can be ran on the server. Some are client-side only (such as the ones I listed earlier in the thread).

And when pasting the error log for minecraft, dont paste the actually minecraft one. Use the error log that Forge creates. It'll be in the same location as your forge jar and minecraft_server.jar. Filename is usually like ForgeModLoader-server-0.log This is always the latest crash log. It is more detailed than the one minecraft shows.

EDIT: A few mods will always throw some errors, the ones I know for sure are MCore and NEI Plugins. MCore will say something like it's deactivated (which is fine) and NEI plugins will say something about not being a forge mod (it'll still work).

Hello! I made this account pretty much just to thank you for this thread, so ya thanks for this awesome thread! It really helps with keeping up to date on most of the mods I use! ^^

Also, here is a changelog for the new forestry: forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=main:downloads#version_history (This is the other reason I made this account xD)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Ok, this is how I setup the threads server... I started with a fresh clean minecraft_server.jar. I download forge, and do use the following directions:

Then I run the forge jar to make sure everything is working. (you no longer start the server using the minecraft_server.jar, you use the forge jar.) This will also create the folders you need to place your mods in.

Exit out of minecraft and when this is done, I go ahead and copy the config files that Fuzzie provided to eliminate ID errors while installing these mods. Take the coremod mods (CCC, NEI, Treecapitator) and place them into the coremods folder. (I don't do MCore yet as its a base for Ars Magica, which I'm not at yet.)

Again, run the game (remember, use the forge jar, always) and make sure it loads up.

Now we are off to the mods. I go through the list and install the big mods one by one. Starting the server each time so I can easily trace any error i get. Big mods such as, Ars Magica (which I install MCore in the coremods folder at this time since it requires it), Buildcraft, ComputerCraft, XtraBiomesXL, Factorization, Forestry, IC2, etc.

Then I start installing the smaller mods or plugins and do the same as above, restarting the server after each installed mod. Be sure to check each mod before installing it into the server to make sure it is server compatible. Not all mods can be ran on the server. Some are client-side only (such as the ones I listed earlier in the thread).

And when pasting the error log for minecraft, dont paste the actually minecraft one. Use the error log that Forge creates. It'll be in the same location as your forge jar and minecraft_server.jar. Filename is usually like ForgeModLoader-server-0.log This is always the latest crash log. It is more detailed than the one minecraft shows.

EDIT: A few mods will always throw some errors, the ones I know for sure are MCore and NEI Plugins. MCore will say something like it's deactivated (which is fine) and NEI plugins will say something about not being a forge mod (it'll still work).
    Thanks a lot! I armed myself with patience and did it! Now the server works, i'm just waiting for my friends to join me...
    I still have a doubt though: could it be that the server gave me all that errors just because i didn't add the configs? I clearly remember i didn't in my first try...

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll leave server questions to Greevir I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDrgn View Post
    Hello! I made this account pretty much just to thank you for this thread, so ya thanks for this awesome thread! It really helps with keeping up to date on most of the mods I use! ^^

Also, here is a changelog for the new forestry: forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=main:downloads#version_history (This is the other reason I made this account xD)
    Thanks! I appreciate the changelog. Check back every day or two for fresh updates!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot! I armed myself with patience and did it! Now the server works, i'm just waiting for my friends to join me...
    I still have a doubt though: could it be that the server gave me all that errors just because i didn't add the configs? I clearly remember i didn't in my first try...
    Its possible, but it shouldn't have kept you from running the server. You would of just had a bunch of items missing or mismatched.

Deleted
    Hey there again
    I have a slight problem... I updated buildcraft and ic2 and since then i cannot enter my world... or create a new one. Everything starts, etc but the game stops on "Building terrain" and stays there forever. Never giving me an error or actually starting my world, any idea? Anyone had this issue?

Uggh.... Finally got an account here... I had to prove that I am human for like an hour because my email thought the confirmation was spam... finally got it though...
    soooo.... (Looks at Greevir)
    "Hey Greevir!!!" *Winks* "How you doin?" *Goes down on knees* "You know what I want to ask you..." *Reaches into pocket*" Please let me Join the Server!!!" *Pulls out application titled "I am a Human"*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warplord View Post
    Hey there again
    I have a slight problem... I updated buildcraft and ic2 and since then i cannot enter my world... or create a new one. Everything starts, etc but the game stops on "Building terrain" and stays there forever. Never giving me an error or actually starting my world, any idea? Anyone had this issue?
    Some of the other mods are not yet compatible with the newest versions of Buildcraft and IC2.

Quote Originally Posted by soveda31 View Post
    Uggh.... Finally got an account here... I had to prove that I am human for like an hour because my email thought the confirmation was spam... finally got it though...
    soooo.... (Looks at Greevir)
    "Hey Greevir!!!" *Winks* "How you doin?" *Goes down on knees* "You know what I want to ask you..." *Reaches into pocket*" Please let me Join the Server!!!" *Pulls out application titled "I am a Human"*
    Whats your minecraft name and shoe size?

Minecraft name is the same:
    soveda31

Shoe size is:
    America Male

Hey Fuzzie, quick question that's a little bit unrelated. What do you use for recording your video's? (About to get my channel and such set up)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiOutcast View Post
    Hey Fuzzie, quick question that's a little bit unrelated. What do you use for recording your video's? (About to get my channel and such set up)
    Fraps. I used to use Open Broadcast Software but found it a bit twitchy. You'll have to cut down the files from what Fraps gives you though. Half an hour could be 20Gb or more.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 01:57 AM ----------

Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Treecapitator Updated (Dev Version)
    • Buildcraft Updated (Release Version)
    • Extra Bees Updated (Release Version for Forestry 2.0)
    • Forestry Updated
    • Industrialcraft 2 Updated
    • IronChests 2 Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Omnitools Updated
    • Thermal Expansion Updated
    • Thermal Expansion NEI Plugin Removed (See Below).
    • Gregtech Addon Updated
    • Millénaire Updated

First, a new Development version of Treecapitator is out. If you're not interested in using a development version then continue using the current (r03) version.

Buildcraft has been updated again, this time it's an official release. Note that updating to this version may cause some other mods to malfunction if they haven't updated yet. If you're concerned about this then don't update until all the mods that use buildcraft have updated as well.

Extra Bees is now officially released as all previous incarnations have been "pre-release" status. This official release goes with the new Forestry 2.0.

Forestry has also been updated, I'm guessing it's a bugfix. On the topic of Forestry, note that if you use Thaumic Bees it hasn't updated yet and will probably not work or cause crashes.

Thermal Expansion has also updated. The new version introduces new features. I suggest checking them out on their website. This version also includes the NEI plugin, so no more need for both. The Plugin has been removed from the list. Note that you must delete the old plugin mod from you mods folder if you're updating to the new version of Thermal Expansion!

That's it. Been a busy past few days. I'll keep an eye out for updates and keep bringing them to you daily for the time being.

Deleted
    guess what i did today mate i installed my new hard drive yippee now the bad news i lost my mincraftfolder and that is the only loss lol so thats me p****ed when is your new config pack gonna be ready as that will save me some time lol

@greevir can u send me latest update pack for server too please mate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    guess what i did today mate i installed my new hard drive yippee now the bad news i lost my mincraftfolder and that is the only loss lol so thats me p****ed when is your new config pack gonna be ready as that will save me some time lol

@greevir can u send me latest update pack for server too please mate
    Nice! Congrats! Working on the new configs and install now actually. Some notes to share.

1. Optifine and Forge aren't playing nice anymore. The game hangs on world creation and cannot be recovered. I've removed Optifine and it works alright. I'm currently using Forge 6.6.0.515 and attempted with the latest Optifine released yesterday. For now I'll leave that out.

2. The new buildcraft has been installed. I've tested it with every buildcraft addon right now on the list without issue. Additional Pipes, Logistics Pipes, Valve Pipes and Additional Buildcraft Objects all work just fine and have been physically tested.

3. The latest development version of Treecapitator is installed and working. It has built in configs that scan for just about every mod that adds trees or axes and incorporates them in. This makes configuring the mod as simple as installing it and running the game. No more messing with ID's

Because of the extra testing I plan to do for this next config pack, it will take some time. I'm not going to rush it at all so I can hopefully iron out all the kinks before it's released.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 06:12 AM ----------

4. Just installed the latest Industrialcraft 2 and all the addons from the list. They all seem to be working fine.

5. Redpower installed without issue. Going to run a check for ID conflicts next and take a break So far so good for compatibility with new versions.