1. #1141
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Guys, I am so sorry about the server today. I thought I was doing a good thing by getting an upgrade and it turned out to be a disaster. For those of you whose gametime was interrupted by this I sincerely apologize. I really feel bad when I let others down and today was a big one. I have not been able to keep track of PMs I've gotten today, but if you are still interested in playing on the server (it looks to be intact and stable) send me another PM and I'll get you the details. I am working on a forum where I can more freely post updates and get information out a bit more reliably. I'll have this info to you when it becomes available. Again, sorry about the foul-up.
    greevir you have nothing to be sorry about mate its YOUR SERVER if it runs it runs, if it plays up it plays up lol, Man every server i play on has issue on a near daily basis its the nature of modded minecraft the fact that yours has been stable most of the time and only real issue has been server its self is very good, so stop stressing mate and enjoy the fun of the game and the mental people you play with.

  2. #1142
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Thaumcraft is definitely compatible out of the box with Biomes O' Plenty, at the least, though it put up a bit of a fight to get itself generated on my world (a large world made the server throw temper tantrums). I'll continue to tinker and look forward to blowing up the world for a clean slate when XBXL merges with it and comes out with a brand new terrain generator! Man that sounds exciting.
    I just can't get into EBXL anymore... I don't like how many totally new and completely different biomes it adds, rather than just refining existing ones. For what it's worth, progress on Better World Generation 4 is heading apace and ted80's got some amazing things in store; the current BWG3 Forge build seems to be bugged (Magic Launcher says it's incompatible but it will run fine if you manually install) and the BWG4 development builds aren't Forge compatible.


    I'd also recommend Primitive Mobs, which adds a variety of new mobs to the world, some hostile, some passive. Comes with a config file and I recommend you use it because some monsters (brain/pink slimes and traveling traders, especially) spawn WAY too much with default settings in flat areas like plains and deserts.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  3. #1143
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I just can't get into EBXL anymore... I don't like how many totally new and completely different biomes it adds, rather than just refining existing ones. For what it's worth, progress on Better World Generation 4 is heading apace and ted80's got some amazing things in store; the current BWG3 Forge build seems to be bugged (Magic Launcher says it's incompatible but it will run fine if you manually install) and the BWG4 development builds aren't Forge compatible.


    I'd also recommend Primitive Mobs, which adds a variety of new mobs to the world, some hostile, some passive. Comes with a config file and I recommend you use it because some monsters (brain/pink slimes and traveling traders, especially) spawn WAY too much with default settings in flat areas like plains and deserts.
    I enjoy (and so do my guildies) the biome mod for the same reason you dislike it; so much to explore! You're almost assured to find new and varied things just over the horizon every time you head out there. As for mobs, I've been using atmosmobs with Biomes O' Plenty and it's doing a splended job for the most part... between that and Twilight Forest, I'm wary of adding even more mobs to our world though.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 07:16 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    You can do a ID dump through NEI. It puts all the ID's in a text file that can be read. For conflicts I use: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...porter-Program

    It lists all the block and item ID's and produces a report showing you any conflicts and what to change. Unlike blockID conflicts, itemID conflicts don't necessarily crash the game. This program seems to find them all.

    Here's a sample of the output from my install (disregard the few conflicts there. It's part of the mod).

    http://pastebin.com/jp5eLTPu
    This is brilliant. Many thank yous. I've been meticulously documenting block IDs for a little while to get a map gen working, and am already familiar with NEI. I didn't realize that you could do an ID dump like that. Now I've just got to dig up all these mods' texture maps and work it all out.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  4. #1144
    did the server ip change or somthing or is it just down? .. also .. greevir .. dont sweat downtimes, happens to all servers.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 05:01 AM ----------

    Quiet day in the thread, still shows server as being offline ingame.
    Last edited by citriz; 2013-01-31 at 05:02 AM.

  5. #1145
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    This is brilliant. Many thank yous. I've been meticulously documenting block IDs for a little while to get a map gen working, and am already familiar with NEI. I didn't realize that you could do an ID dump like that. Now I've just got to dig up all these mods' texture maps and work it all out.
    Awesome. Good luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by citriz View Post
    did the server ip change or somthing or is it just down? .. also .. greevir .. dont sweat downtimes, happens to all servers.

    Quiet day in the thread, still shows server as being offline ingame.
    Greevir moved the server to a dedicated machine. There is a new IP address now. I've told him you messaged and he may have PM'd you. If not, let me know and I'll send you the new IP.

    ----

    Updates!

    • Forge Updated
    • Optifine Updated
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated
    • Industrialcraft 2 Updated
    • Misc Peripherals Updated
    • Railcraft Updated
    • Thaumic Bees Updated
    • Gregtech Addon Updated
    • Greg's Lighting Updated

    • Backpack HUD Removed (See Below)
    • Xeno's Reliquary Added to Additional Mods

    Railcraft is the big one today. Adds new content for people to take a look at. Full changelog here: http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Vers...ory+%28Info%29

    I removed Backpack HUD from the IC2 list. The new mod ArmorStatus HUD does the same thing but a lot better. There's really no purpose in having two. I also added Xeno's Reliquary by request. It's a new mod from the author of the original Equivalent Exchange mods. Check it out if you're interested. Remember that as an additional mod, any config changes will have to be done by you. They're not included in my config pack.

    That's all for now. Still keeping an eye on Forge and Optifine Updates. The new Optifine may sort out some ongoing issues. Give it a try if you haven't already.

  6. #1146
    Thanks greevir, I hate to be a pain but it wont allow me to break or place blocks anymore for some reason, the only ones I can break are trees with my axe (im assuming because its using treecapacitor)

  7. #1147
    He forgot me to damn u greevir lol so someone send me the IP also optifine seems to be OK so far for me anyway and rail craft is so cool love the little trains I'm guessing updating went OK no I'd conflict

  8. #1148
    New open beta for IC2 : v1.115[1.4.7]

  9. #1149
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkalone View Post
    New open beta for IC2 : v1.115[1.4.7]
    Hmm interesting. I didn't even realize the had jumped away from 112. I've actually downgraded the list to v1.112.203 for now. When the addons update to the new 115 version I'll update to this. There's no sense in breaking people's worlds right now.

    For those interested in testing it out: http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2...115.207-lf.jar

  10. #1150
    Have u seen modular power suit mod it looks amazing and add really cool stuff

  11. #1151
    Due to an exploit with Enchanting Plus, I am downgrading to 1.12.5. Be sure to replace the version in your client or you may not be able to connect to the server. Change is in effect now. Here is a link to the previous version since the mod authors host is down. http://www.mediafire.com/?qglx28qbneuvw5a


  12. #1152
    What was the exploit mate

  13. #1153
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    What was the exploit mate
    You could basically get infinite experience by disenchanting enchanted books over and over again. It would never destroy the book.

  14. #1154
    Nice lol not that I need it I have infin exp in my sp due to shards and golems lol

  15. #1155
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Only a few updates today. All bugfixes.

    • Treecapitator Updated
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated

    No word on compatibility between the new IC2 and existing addons. Haven't seen any update to 1.115 yet.

    Also, the most recent version of Enchanting Plus as a rather severe exploit in which players can recieve infinite experience. I suggest downgrading to the previous version. Please visit their forum thread for links.

    That's all for today!

  16. #1156
    Hello - I'm a friend of drshtok and I'd like to join the server and was told I should post here :P How do I go about it?
    Minecraft username: Runescrye
    Last edited by Runescrye; 2013-02-01 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Added username

  17. #1157
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    • Optifine Updated

    version D1. Maybe this one will fix the bugs?!

  18. #1158
    Is the nei plugin 1.0.4.5 still the latest? It's a shame since it doesn't support most forestry 2.0 features - Is there no beta build or something like that around?

    <edit> Whoop. My world got corrupted after installing some updated mods, but that isn't a big deal. It however made me wonder, are there any world backup mods for a dedicated server around? I know on the forge test server it says the world is being backed up when watching direwolf20 videos. Would be great if someone could link me to a similar mod
    Last edited by huldu; 2013-02-01 at 08:39 PM.

  19. #1159
    Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Is the nei plugin 1.0.4.5 still the latest? It's a shame since it doesn't support most forestry 2.0 features - Is there no beta build or something like that around?

    <edit> Whoop. My world got corrupted after installing some updated mods, but that isn't a big deal. It however made me wonder, are there any world backup mods for a dedicated server around? I know on the forge test server it says the world is being backed up when watching direwolf20 videos. Would be great if someone could link me to a similar mod
    A lot of the time those messages you see about backing up the world aren't from a mod at all, it's from the servers' host. Unfortunately, I don't know of any forge backup mods since I haven't had to look for any.


  20. #1160
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Only a few updates today. All bugfixes.

    • Treecapitator Updated
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated

    No word on compatibility between the new IC2 and existing addons. Haven't seen any update to 1.115 yet.

    Also, the most recent version of Enchanting Plus as a rather severe exploit in which players can recieve infinite experience. I suggest downgrading to the previous version. Please visit their forum thread for links.

    That's all for today!
    Hey Fuzzie, what happened to the treecapitator link? Doesn't even show website anymore (Thread is download, which also seems broken'ish)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •