1. #2761
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg SA
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    It also looks like he's got plans to replace the IC2 ores like he did the machines. Also looks like his groupies want more worldgen added to help spread out resources and also they seem to have a problem with the Omniwrench. They either want the omniwrench to take durability damage or have it not work on ic2/gt machines.

    Honestly, I could do without gt. The later game stuff was nice but that is even becoming more of a nuisance than fun and everything else about the mod I hate anyways.
    Seems to forget that his is an IC2 add-on, if he wants to make his own mod he should do it and not completely overwrite someone elses...

    The Omniwrench thing is just "balance" monkeys screeching away, problem with these people is that since resources in minecraft are basically unlimited the only way to add balance is adding more time which simply results in boredom. So instead of sitting there, for example, learning LUA to make a mining frame machine, troubleshooting problems and optimising to finally you get something you're happy and proud of you'll still be digging with an iron pickaxe to make diamond blocks for your first macerator

    I personally think Mr. Greg(and his followers) have no imagination whatsoever and have to be given something in black and white to aim for at the start of a game and once there the game is done for them. Stupidly they chose an infinite sandbox game to do this in where the finish point is the end of your imagination

    Anyway thats my rant over!!!

    I'll keep GT for now and config out most things... Now lets not derail another thread into a GT or not to GT fight, there's enough of them out there!!! Hmmm thinking about it I don't actually have anything worthwhile to say, oops

  2. #2762
    That does seem like a rather annoying wall of text.

    Yup, end of discussion about GT, I was just curious as to new happenings since I don't use GT.
    Last edited by KuroNeko87; 2013-06-30 at 06:15 PM.

  3. #2763
    Anyone who knows FTB knows of Jaded. She's a moderator there and a huge lover of bees. She is a very straight forward woman that can turn people off at times but thats one of the things I like about her. This is what she had to say about GT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadedcat
    I am going to step way outside the role of Global Mod: Everything in this post is a personal opinion and in no way reflects the feelings of FTB


    Frankly I find the drama annoying. I also think many people are misusing the word "better". "Better" is subjective in all ways the average player can measure. Things like ease of use, ability to understand its function etc are different from player to player. Different players value different things. Which means what one player finds "better" another player does not. Subjective statements are personal and frequently lead to personal feelings getting injured. This is because people can't prove from an objective standpoint why they feel something is better. This ends up with arguments that are basically the color purple is better then the color blue. This is not in fact a valid argument. Its a statement of opinion.

    The people who can make objective claims about "better" are people who can read and understand the code and it influence on the resources required to run the game. In the case of resources used by a server or computer a mod can be objectively "better" then another mod. These would be people like mod devs, coders, mod pack makers, and server admins. The down side is that anyone who can read a tiny bit of code seems to think they are an expert. And then they weigh in on xyz mod behaves in xyz way often totally missing half of whats going on. And some mod authors may be admittedly biased towards their own mod. So again "better" is not the best word. More efficient is the use of computer resources sure. "Better" maybe maybe not.

    So basically "better" is a personal opinion. Personal opinions are not worth people arguing so rabidly over. However it seems people do and I am going to venture an opinion on why.


    Attitude.

    If I start a stream using GregTech very few people will tell me I am a horrible person. If they don't care for it they will tend to be like "better you then me" and enjoy the show. I do a stream with IC2 and no GT and the GT fans come out of the woodwork to inform me I am a crappy player and lazy and stupid etc because I am not using GT and as GT is harder it is obviously better and anyone not conforming to that is a noob that should be playing in creative mode. People who like it to be a bit easier don't tend to gripe at people who want it harder. People who prefer a harder style of play do however frequently attack people who prefer to play easier. Easier and harder aren't even the right words. Its one group of players calling another group of players names because they prefer to play the game differently. Frankly the players that don't like hardcore changes to the game didn't start the drama. The players that want a more "balanced" "hardcore" game are the ones that started the name calling and started saying their way was better. This got the crowd that liked the status quo fired up and insults were thrown and now instead of having one community of players that play differently , it frequently feels we have 2 communities at war over how they want to play a game.


    And here we come to the main topic. GT and its creator. I will note I think the mod is fine as an IC2 addon. It adds some stuff to IC2 thats reasonably interesting. That said, where it started and where it has come to are seperate things. Instead of working with other devs for compatibility or refusing to install alongside mods he doesn't want to play with his mod , he reaches around and fiddles with how they work. This leads to mod devs getting "bug reports" when in fact the item is working as intended. Just as intended by Greg not the mod dev. Greg on the other hand just laughs and goes yup I made it better. And his fans buy into this and feel they are somehow morally superior to players who don't see his genius. Personally I dislike the innate arrogance in the presumption that he is a better moder then all the others. He made a mod that plays the game the way he wants. He has then decided that other mods that don't do it his way are inferior and must be changed.

    Anytime one group believes they are "better" then another group it leads to conflict.

    Different dos not equal better. Harder does not equal better. Easier does not equal better. All of it is personal opinion. The only better that can be proved is hardware resources used. Anything else is just opinion.

    TLDR : Unless you have empirical evidence of a mod being better on hardware resource usage then your argument for or against any mod it the equivalent of me saying: "I dislike lima beans , therefore lima beans are bad therefore Lemming you are not allowed to eat lima beans"

    Different is not better. Personal opinions are not fact. Play the way you want and let me play the way I want.
    Could not have put it better myself. Keep rockin, Jaded!

    NOW! To get away from the GT BS, we're looking for new mods to play around with on our server. We're looking for well thought out mods that do more than just add a few blocks. We want them stable, able to play well with others (cross-mod compatibility), and of course, FUN! Oh and no damn biome mods! FFS, we have enough of those already! So give us some mods to try out!
    Last edited by Greevir; 2013-06-30 at 07:12 PM.

  4. #2764
    Have you tried Mekanism? I'm falling in love with it. Also, Rotarycraft looks interesting (Still WIP)

  5. #2765
    Hello,

    Anyone know in AE if it is possible to take one item out at a time from the access terminal? shift click like in barrels does nothing...it looks like it is one stack with a left click or half a stack with a right click and since it costs energy to constantly placing stuff in, it is very annoying and energy wasteful to take out so many items when all I want is one...ideas?

    Thanks

  6. #2766
    FWIW I agree with Greevir and Jaded about GT, the mod is what it is, but shouldn't *by default* mod another mod.

    Have you tried TrainCraft? I just used the Railcraft Tunnel Bore and am prepping up to test a high speed rail system between bases (instead of the Mystcraft warps we have now) but then saw the TrainCraft mod. OMG freaking cool looking! If it doesn't consume resources too much I'm going to add it in and try it out. Seems a cooler challenge than item tesseracts, much as I love those.

    Talk about lag, we had a base on 1.4.7 running a few RP2 timers, right next to a Thaumcraft crypt, which we blocked off to trap all the wisps. Bad idea. From 100 fps down to 5 in that chunk, you could see it right when you crossed the chunk boundary. Couple hundred wisps stuck in a cave plus RP2 timers, not good. So I'm sensitive to mods with no real code optimization, still wary of adding Thaum back in.

  7. #2767
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    changing quite frequently
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by pa99 View Post
    Hello,

    Anyone know in AE if it is possible to take one item out at a time from the access terminal? shift click like in barrels does nothing...it looks like it is one stack with a left click or half a stack with a right click and since it costs energy to constantly placing stuff in, it is very annoying and energy wasteful to take out so many items when all I want is one...ideas?

    Thanks
    Yeah, use shift + right click for single items.

  8. #2768
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Updates!

    • EnderStorage Updated
    • Twilight Forest Updated
    • IndustrialCraft 2 Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Forge Essentials Updated
    • Waila Updated

    Small amount of updates this weekend. Looks like people are holding off for 1.6.1 now. My internet has been sketchy and I probably need a new modem. Unfortunately I have to wait until Tuesday as Monday is a national holiday. If I'm not around tomorrow for updates, that's why.

    With regards to gregtech, for the most part I enjoy the mod. It's getting a bit ridiculous though. Over-complicating things for the sake of adding more steps. I don't think an iridium plate needs to take 5+ steps to make. That's not an improvement nor does it make anything better. That said, it's one of the few tech mods that adds things to do later on in the game when you have lots of resources.

    The "redstone in motion" mod looks cool. I'll be adding it soon.

  9. #2769
    I have a suggestion greevir bioms O plenty u may have herd of it lol....... No I kid mate but if u leave a set up like that I'm gonna swing at it lol. As for Gregtech yep I am done I'm removing it now

  10. #2770
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    I have a suggestion greevir bioms O plenty u may have herd of it lol....... No I kid mate but if u leave a set up like that I'm gonna swing at it lol. As for Gregtech yep I am done I'm removing it now
    We're already using Biomes O' Plenty on the server anyways! :P

  11. #2771
    Ruins mod is nice just adds a bit of something to look at

  12. #2772
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    1.6.1 is released! Rumors of 1.6.2 coming soon.

    There have been issues with getting MCP and Forge working. The team that handles it have been working very hard and there is a release. It is still undergoing some tuning but there should be more updates for it soon. I don't think Forge is quite public yet though.

    Going to continue with 1.5.2 updates like normal for now. Updates will be handled separately to avoid confusion. You will see a 1.5.2 update list and a 1.6.1 update list every day. For those looking the 1.6.1 mod list is below the 1.5.2 list on the first post! It just doesn't have anything yet!

    Other than that, added Redstone in Motion. Looks pretty cool.

    I'm going to give it a little time and come at the updates this evening/tonight. My guess is there wont be much.

  13. #2773
    Blademaster heliophobicdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In the crevice of Time and Space
    Posts
    40
    Looks good Fuzzzie!

    Just found out you can clear your ME CRAFTING-TERMINAL's crafting grid by holding space then clicking in the grid. It clears the items into the ME storage.

    This forever changed my life! :P

  14. #2774
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by heliophobicdude View Post
    Just found out you can clear your ME CRAFTING-TERMINAL's crafting grid by holding space then clicking in the grid. It clears the items into the ME storage.
    Sounds awesome! Thanks for the tip!

    • Added Redstone in Motion
    • Added Extra Trees

    Extra Trees is the new mod from binnie, author of Extra Bees. Check it out!
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-07-01 at 07:35 PM.

  15. #2775
    Some really neat stuff in Extra Trees. Definitely gonna give it a look when we add it to the server.

  16. #2776
    Blademaster heliophobicdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In the crevice of Time and Space
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Sounds awesome! Thanks for the tip!

    • Added Redstone in Motion
    • Added Extra Trees

    Extra Trees is the new mod from binnie, author of Extra Bees. Check it out!
    Extra Bees and Extra Trees seems to be one mod now, Binnie mods.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Some really neat stuff in Extra Trees. Definitely gonna give it a look when we add it to the server.
    Speaking of server, how did you install forge properly in the server jar, if you would happen to know.

  17. #2777
    You just copy everything in the forge jar into the minecraft_server jar. I use 7zip. (I assume you're talking about 1.5.2)

  18. #2778
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by heliophobicdude View Post
    Extra Bees and Extra Trees seems to be one mod now, Binnie mods.
    Yeah, noticed that. I'll fix up the list in a little bit.

    Speaking of server, how did you install forge properly in the server jar, if you would happen to know.
    Same as you would with the regular minecraft JAR, although this time you don't delete the META-INF folder.

    ----------------------------------

    1.5.2 Updates:


    • Extra Bees, Extra Trees Merged in to Binnie Mods

    1.6.1 Updates:

    • Forge Updated


    ---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 06:26 PM ----------

    1.5.2 Updates!

    • Immibis Microblocks Updated
    • Thaumcraft 3 Updated
    • xAct Updated
    • Industrialcraft 2 Updated
    • Compact Solars Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Big Reactors Updated

    1.6.1 Updates!

    • None!
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-07-01 at 10:26 PM.

  19. #2779
    i just figured i would put in my two sense on the whole GT debate. for the people that bash GT just delete from you mods folder end of story. I personally like gt. if where not for GT we on my server would be in full set quantum Armour by the end of the second day, then what????

  20. #2780
    is there any guide how to install forge on 1.6.1?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •