Deleted
    So I managed to clear up the arsmagicka ID-conflicts with the great perl-script you linked.

Now I have a question about the mod. The first night there were like 15 'light-mages' people walking around, fighting with the monsters. They spawned so often the game crashed.
    The second night there were less.

Are these guys supposed to be there so often or did I mess up the mod somehow?

EDIT: hmm...it keeps crashing my game for some reason, guess I'll delete it again. No magic for me!
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2013-05-19 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Haven't tried yet. Long weekend and I'm spending some time AFK
    i've got it 100% working now, and man oh man, is it a suh-weet program! i think my fav feature is once you've done your initial pass through all of your mods (which admittedly takes quite a bit of time), as you add/subtract more mods in the future, you don't have to start over from scratch. you can feed it an nei id dump to preserve block and item id's you've already tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by ahwtx View Post
    i've got it 100% working now, and man oh man, is it a suh-weet program! i think my fav feature is once you've done your initial pass through all of your mods (which admittedly takes quite a bit of time), as you add/subtract more mods in the future, you don't have to start over from scratch. you can feed it an nei id dump to preserve block and item id's you've already tweaked.
    no matter what I do I keep getting the following error

E:\minecraft stuff\instances\152\minecraft>python modanalyzer.py
    File "modanalyzer.py", line 27
    print "M",member
    ^
    How in the heck did you get it to run?

are you using python 3.3.2 or 2.7.5? need to use 2.7.5. there's also a bit of manual editing of the modanalyzer.py file you'll need to do (few variables to set) so it matches up with whichever versions of mc and forge you're using. and you might need to tweak a couple of arguments so they reflect the proper paths for your system with respect to where you placed the modanalyzer jar once you compiled it from source. i believe the line in question is #77 in the modanalyzer.py script. it takes a couple of arguments, one of which is just "target" which you need to fill in according to your system (where you placed the modanalyzer jar), and the second is a variable which is defined as modanalyzer-snapshot-something-or-other. you need to change the second arg to whatever you actually named the mod jar when you compiled it.

it's a wonderful program, but a few of the variables agaricus left in the python scripts are absolute paths that only work on his particular system/environment. and not everyone is too keen on setting up the jdk and an ide with forge so you can compile mods from source.

i'm just about to load up my 1.5.2 for the first time around. i just finished adding all of my personal config tweaks after resolving conflicts (fu greg, easy mode all the way!), so i really wanna just relax and play for the time being, but if you can't get it working, i'll put together a detailed tutorial post in the next few days.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    An update for people who use my configs. The 1.5.2 pack is coming along. Spent about an hour last night going through things. A few buffs are in order. I've buffed the vanilla Gold generation slightly (from 8 to 10 for node size). It feel like gold is scarce especially with the mods that require it. Feedback on this change is welcome before I make it public. Furthermore I nerfed the Dirt and Gravel spawns (underground that is) by half. This means that you shouldn't get as much junk. Also makes it less frustrating when starting out.
    i'm assuming you made changes to cofh/World.cfg for the buff and nerfs. i do agree that gold ore gen could use a buff. i always find myself in need of gold, especially since i always start out with te machines these days. what did you change to nerf dirt and gravel, though? i see options for it in the World.cfg, but it would seem that these settings would affect generation at all levels, not just underground. i'm surely missing something obvious. did you literally just halve the clustersizes?

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm assuming you made changes to cofh/World.cfg for the buff and nerfs. i do agree that gold ore gen could use a buff. i always find myself in need of gold, especially since i always start out with te machines these days. what did you change to nerf dirt and gravel, though? i see options for it in the World.cfg, but it would seem that these settings would affect generation at all levels, not just underground. i'm surely missing something obvious. did you literally just halve the clustersizes?
    Yeah, the cluster sizes are halved. Should make a bit less of a mess when quarrying and especially help when manual mining.

Half the dirt. I'm not upset by this change.

my 1.5.2 world is up and running beautifully!

you really should consider the switch from ebxl to bop, fuzz. bop is just so damn beautiful. i know ebxl4 is gonna drop some jaws, but it's just not there yet. and i am absolutely loving the tcon and natura combo. i found this utterly GINORMOUS tree and it just begs for some crazy-ass swiss family robinson type base! gonna be so much fun to dive into this world. unfortunately i spent way too much time on configs and what have you, so now i'm too pooped to really play all that much. just exploring for the time being.

1.5.2 world

my 1.5.2 world is up and running beautifully!

you really should consider the switch from ebxl to bop, fuzz. bop is just so damn beautiful. i know ebxl4 is gonna drop some jaws, but it's just not there yet. and i am absolutely loving the tcon and natura combo. i found this utterly GINORMOUS tree and it just begs for some crazy-ass swiss family robinson type base! gonna be so much fun to dive into this world. unfortunately i spent way too much time on configs and what have you, so now i'm too pooped to really play all that much. just exploring for the time being.
    I know Fuzzy is working on his setup, would it be possible to get configs from your setup? I've been trying to get my 1.5.2 server running, and most things work, including BOP, except with a number of mods shut down to avoid conflict. Also, I had to turn off Railcraft which seems to be ok on the server, but crashes my client about 30-90 seconds after I load a world.

Appreciate any help from you or anyone else, thanks!

are you using python 3.3.2 or 2.7.5? need to use 2.7.5. there's also a bit of manual editing of the modanalyzer.py file you'll need to do (few variables to set) so it matches up with whichever versions of mc and forge you're using. and you might need to tweak a couple of arguments so they reflect the proper paths for your system with respect to where you placed the modanalyzer jar once you compiled it from source. i believe the line in question is #77 in the modanalyzer.py script. it takes a couple of arguments, one of which is just "target" which you need to fill in according to your system (where you placed the modanalyzer jar), and the second is a variable which is defined as modanalyzer-snapshot-something-or-other. you need to change the second arg to whatever you actually named the mod jar when you compiled it.

it's a wonderful program, but a few of the variables agaricus left in the python scripts are absolute paths that only work on his particular system/environment. and not everyone is too keen on setting up the jdk and an ide with forge so you can compile mods from source.

i'm just about to load up my 1.5.2 for the first time around. i just finished adding all of my personal config tweaks after resolving conflicts (fu greg, easy mode all the way!), so i really wanna just relax and play for the time being, but if you can't get it working, i'll put together a detailed tutorial post in the next few days.[COLOR="red"]
    Thanks alot, I was using the 3.3.2 version. Switched versions and edited a bunch of scripts and its working great. No need for a detailed tutorial go ahead and enjoy your game.

thanks again.

Hmmm - serious frustration arises. I decided to condense the wall of text I'd typed ... here's the much briefer version:

While waiting for a big hole in the ground to be dug to test my ore generation setup I discovered that the author of Mekanism (a UE mod) appears to have nerfed fueled generators. e.g. A hydrogen generator now gives 4 KW instead of 12 KW. This rather significantly impacts on their cost/benefit ratio.

The author hasn't responded to posts in the UE forum querying problems with the 1.5 versions of his mod.

UE, of course, doesn't seem to favor config files which permit the masses to tweak things much - so the power output is out of my hands unless I choose to fork the mod and start debugging someone else's code (which is NOT my idea of fun).

So I'm either going to roll back to 1.4.7 or replace UE with something else. And I really favor the latter option.

I've already got Gregtech, but I'm looking for another high tech end-game mod to add to the mix. Ideally I'd like something that can interact to some extent with BC, IC2, etc.

I'm going to look at RotaryCraft while I wait to see if Mekanism is only bugged or not, but I'd love some other suggestions if people have any they'd care to offer?

Deleted
    Got an error with Forestry 2.2.3.8 and extra bees. I don't think extra bees knows the new forestry? Does anyone else have that problem?

Quote Originally Posted by warplord View Post
    Got an error with Forestry 2.2.3.8 and extra bees. I don't think extra bees knows the new forestry? Does anyone else have that problem?
    The 2.2.3.8 version is a beta version and it says that extra bees and thaumic bees dont work with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would personally get rid of all biome mods myself. I find them laggy and screw with mechanics of other mods. With that I think for now I'll stick with what I have. Perhaps in the next iteration of the list I can switch one out for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Oather View Post
    I know Fuzzy is working on his setup, would it be possible to get configs from your setup? I've been trying to get my 1.5.2 server running, and most things work, including BOP, except with a number of mods shut down to avoid conflict. Also, I had to turn off Railcraft which seems to be ok on the server, but crashes my client about 30-90 seconds after I load a world.
    The configs I have on the front page work okay with 1.5.2. I'm planning updates soon for 1.5.2 changes.

Updated version of Minetilities coming in the next list update, integrated Fuzzzies' coloured blocks and fixed a few small issues to boot =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • CodeChickenCore Updated
    • NotEnoughItems (NEI) Updated
    • ChickenChunks Updated
    • EnderStorage Updated
    • Ars Magica Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • nxMinetilities Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Thaumcraft 3 Updated
    • Thaumic Bees Updated
    • IndustrialCraft 2 Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • NEI Bees Plugin Updated
    • NEI Plugin Pack Updated
    • Forge Essentials Updated

--------------------

Lot's of updates today. Note that the new Forestry does not work with Extra Bees and Extra Bees needs to update. Aside from that lots of goodies. Please note taht if you're going to use the new nxMinetilities you'll need to remove Fuzzcraft. The Block ID's will be the same and wont effect your construction any.

Fuzzcraft is going away for a while. I'm planning on 1 or 2 projects for when I have time. I figured it would be best to give Neo the blocks so it can stay updated for 1.5.2. Please remember to just delete Fuzzcraft for now.

The Thaumic Bees and NEI Bees Plugin updates are for the new Forestry as far as I'm aware.

Mystrcraft should be made publicly available this week. It's in private testing right now. Once that happens I'll have a config update for you. There are a few changes made already that I talked about.

Also, a note about BoP (Biomes O' Plenty). The configs are currently set up to allow for vanilla, xbxl, twilight forest and Better World generation biome ID's. There is no room to add another mod that adds biomes at this time. I can't simply replace XBXL for BoP because many, many people download my configs and use them. Making this change now would screw a lot of them over.

Here are the changelogs for some of the bigger mods updated today:

Forestry Changelog:
    #2.2.4.0
    - Added: Alveary sieve to filter out pollen collected by bees. Requires woven silk as sieve material. Sieve material is destroyed and needs to be replaced when removing any pollen from the sieve.
    - Added: Fertile pollen. Contains the same genetic information as saplings and can be applied directly to leaves.
    - Added: Butterflies as collectible items. Forestry trees now occasionally spawn butterflies. The type of butterfly spawned depends on several factors, including biome. Butterflies do not yet serve a purpose. They are however pretty.
    - Added: Flutterlyzer to take a look at the genetic traits of butterflies. You cannot breed butterflies yet though, so this serves only informational purposes.
    - Changed: Rewrote certain mutations to be compatible with biome mods. (Rural, Heroic.) (RichardG)
    - Changed: Fixed some textures to reduce seams on render models.
    - Bugfix: Stairs can now be placed upside down.
    - Bugfix: Fixed a carpenter dupe bug.
    Thaumcraft 3 Changelog
    3.0.5b (current)
    - arcane bore won't ignore unbreakable blocks and allow you to dig blocks beyond them anymore
    - fixed harness dupe exploit
    - some general bug and crash fixes
    - fixed monster spawning in non-vanilla biomes
    - fixed language support
    - cinnibar should once again spawn... oops. You might want to run regen for cinnibar if the world was created using MC 1.5 or later.
    nxMinetilities Changelog
    -Fuzzcraft blocks have now been incorporated in to nxMinetilities. Please delete Fuzzcraft!
    -Lights are no longer pervious to rain.
    -Fixed facades for Fuzzzies blocks and others.
    -Fuzzcraft bricks and chiseled bricks can now be color changed
    -The Color Charge is now a multi use item that can color up to 128 blocks
    -The word color is now colour because Neo is an elitist European.
    -Light Gray Block added to help with meta ID's and facades.
    -Other tweaks
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-05-21 at 12:57 AM.

thanks for keeping up with an exhausting task, fuzz. it certainly is appreciated. to take arms against a sea of updates, and by opposing, end them!

@oather: as fuzz said, his configs work just fine with 1.5.2, however, if you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested, i don't mind sharing my configs. it's important to note that i'm using beta/dev versions of a few mods (mfr for example), as well as a few mods not included in fuzz's list (such as modular powersuits, natura and extra utils). i think fuzz is planning to add natura and extra utils anyway, though. i also have several mods set to easy mode (such as forestry and gregtech) because i'm a lazy wuss.

edit: most importantly, i use biomes o' plenty as opposed to extrabiomesxl. and i don't use better world gen with it. so there's that to consider.
    Last edited by ahwtx; 2013-05-21 at 01:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    @oather: as fuzz said, his configs work just fine with 1.5.2, however, if you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested, i don't mind sharing my configs. it's important to note that i'm using beta/dev versions of a few mods (mfr for example), as well as a few mods not included in fuzz's list (such as modular powersuits, natura and extra utils). i think fuzz is planning to add natura and extra utils anyway, though. i also have several mods set to easy mode (such as forestry and gregtech) because i'm a lazy wuss.

edit: most importantly, i use biomes o' plenty as opposed to extrabiomesxl. and i don't use better world gen with it. so there's that to consider.
    Yep, Natura and Extra Utilities are coming in the next config pack. Might mess with your ID's though. My configs should also be set to easy for forestry and some easy gregtech stuff.

Working for now...

Yes, thank you all for updates and keeping the chaos tamed, very much appreciated!

I finally got railcraft running on our server by using increased permgen(?) on the clients to keep them from crashing. We've been working for a couple days on this build so the guys are kinda dug in and building a base and getting to know the new mods. I think we'll keep up with updating the ones we're using and leaving this set of mods/configs in place (since it ain't broke) for now. Once a few more major mods are done for 1.5.2, I'll probably reset the world and then either go all Fuzzzie or grab a set of configs for the Biome's O Plenty from ahwtx (I had to disable the Better World Gen too to get Biome's working).

Again, I really appreciate the help and offers and I'll be watching here a lot more often to get update news and a full set of mods.
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really appreciate using this very helpful tool. Thanks!

Just to let you know that some of your download links aren't working anymore, every download link that use mediafire are blocked by them, if you have a way to contact some mod authors such as Binnie from Extra Bees to let them know mediafire isn't working anymore perhaps this could be sorted, I don't know how many links are affected here but I know some of them aren't working, Mediafire just got caught in USA and had to fire some of their team because they were allowing pirated files to be shared, so I guess they now block everything shared on their website.