10+ Year Old Account
    Immersed in the tenuous coalition between enmity and amity.
    Quote Originally Posted by warplord View Post
    Logistics pipes just updated. I think they fixed the bug with breaking pipes.
    I can confirm that the current version of Logistics Pipes (LogisticsPipes-MC1.6.2-0.7.4.dev.64) has resolved the issue of a crash when breaking a Buildcraft pipe. Even though my base is heavily invested in AE now, I've always been a tremendous fan of Logistics Pipes. Some of my favorite personal creations have been my vast and complex Logistics Pipes networks. In fact, I am off to build a Logistics-Pipes-to-Tinkers-Smelteries system to process the ores coming from my quarries.

Quote Originally Posted by mine3500 View Post
    ee4 release today but its for the forge craft server since is in dev
    Hmm, nice but I hope its more balanced than before. I hate seeing Minium Stone abuse to the max... Will look what dw20 does with it and then decide

New Ars Magica.

Also some drama between MFR and Buildcraft.
    https://twitter.com/CovertJaguar/sta...53099288285184

Deleted
    I don't get anything from what they said. Who's doing what and why is it bad?

This is my understanding pieced together from twitter + IRC.

The BuildCraft (MJ) API has a restriction that all machines must have a constant power draw. skyboy didn't like this and felt machines should only use energy when being used. He used some hack to get around the API limitation, but because it affects other Buildcraft machine (I don't know how) it was deemed malicious or irresponsible. covert now claims he won't offer any support for users with MFR installed and requests his mod not be bundled with MFR in the FeedTheBeast modpack.

Bloody children.

It appears that skyboy may have found a workaround where he doesn't have to alter buildcraft code anymore, so hopefully this resolves the issues. The principle really is the fact that skyboy was directly altering the buildcraft power API through the use of the Powercrystals Core mod, without any permission. That's a no no. I don't care what your opinions on the BC power system are and how they affect your own mods machines, but to deliberately change someone elses code just seems wrong to me. Sure it fixes your vision for your mods machines, but then the way it was done changes the powerdraw of any mods machines that were using the buildcraft power api. Either way looks like he's found a way to not screw with the buildcraft api, so all should be fine. Who know's, eventually we may have freaking modpacks with like 10 different power systems running everything, kinda rediculous.

Has anyone encountered a bug within the game where mobs, primarily at night time, has a slight sever-like lag/skipping. And sometimes the mobs even freeze in place, and the game has a sever-like shutdown. The game doesn't crash, but sometimes it'll say server shutting down. Other times it'll stay in a state where you can move and do whatever but any interactions with any item/mob won't do anything (similar to a server crash). I tried removing half the mods I had installed to see if it solved the problem, or find a specific mod causing the issue, but nothing made a difference. I'm a bit confused to how I'm getting server-like lag in a singleplayer game/world. Chunk loading is also acting as if it's running on a server that can't keep up. Also another thing to note is that I have "-XX:MaxPermSize=3072m -Xmx3G" without quotes for my JVM Argument if that has anything to do with it, because for some reason without that specific code the game will instantly crash on a start of a world. The code, when I found it, was originally 1G, 1024m so I changed it to half my RAM instead, "3G". If anyone knows the cause of this, or a solution to the problem, any help would be much appreciated.

Deleted
    Does anyone know of a minimap that works like Rei's? I've tried Zan but it has all these options that I don't like, like cave mode and radar. I don't want people on my server to be able to see mobs on their radar, it feels cheaty. All I want is a minimap with waypoints =)

theres one that shows only the chunks u have bent to and ur house but no animals or hostile mobs but idk the name the forgecraft 2 server use this mod
    edit found it is MAPWRITER

Ventenah look like u made a mistake. try this codes 0.5 Gb = 512 Mb
    1 Gb = 1024 Mb
    2 Gb = 2048 Mb
    3 Gb = 3072 Mb and so on.because u got it backwards
    Last edited by mine3500; 2013-10-20 at 05:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates finally!! Yay!!

1.6.4 Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Applied Energistics Dev Updated
    • Ars Magica 2 Updated
    • Carpenter Blocks Updated
    • Immibis Microblocks Updated
    • Red Logic Updated
    • Immibis Core Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Natura Updated
    • Tinkers Construct Updated
    • IC2 Experimental Updated
    • Compact Solars Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated

There is a special version of Treecapitator available now that is testing the new "Forge Block Break Event". It requires a specific version of forge to work so I'm not listing it just yet. Read more about it here if you're interested: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...floatingruins/

Quote Originally Posted by Sibmer View Post
    There's a pretty big bug with Ars Magica 2 v1.0 and biome Ids, btw. He didn't provide a config option and his default biome id of 99 collides with the BoP config. So his "secret" cow level is appearing in the overworld all over the place. He added a config in 1.0.1, but it ended up creating a bit of a mess on my server. :/
    I'll have Laguy442 look in to it when he's back from his trip.

Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    Also some drama between MFR and Buildcraft.
    https://twitter.com/CovertJaguar/sta...53099288285184
    That's pretty rich coming from CJ, lol..

Mine3500, I did have Mapwriter installed. I removed it and started another singleplayer world, and within 3 minutes after playing all the mobs locked up, blocks wouldn't drop, and interactions wouldn't work. This morning I tested to see if it's just Minecraft in general. First I tested MC 1.6.4, it worked fine, then I tested 1.6.4 with the latest forge, that worked fine also. So there must be a specific mod causing the issue.

These are the mods I have currently installed: ChickenChunks, CodeChickenCore, Enderstorage, NEI, ProjectBench, all 4 parts of Project Red, Buildcraft, Waila, DamageIndicators, Thuamcraft 4, Biomes O'plenty, Carpentersblocks, Chisel, EnchantingPlus, Ironchests, Natura, FurnitureMod, Railcraft, TwilightForest, UndergroundBiomes, Battletowers, UpdateCheckerMod (I have no idea where this came from) Chococraft, Extracells, Factorization, Infinibows, ThuamicTinkerer, Binnie-modsDEV, Computercraft, Inventorytweaks, IchunUntil, Portalgun, Backpacks, Powercrystalscore, MinefactoryReloaded, Netherores, DartcraftBeta, Forgeirc-cpwbuild2 (Soulshards I think) Treecapitator, Bspkercore, AmorstatusHUD, Agriculture, UniversalElectricity, MFFS, Gregtechmod, Decocraft, AppliedEnergisticsDEV, Bibliocraft + BOP Woods, Openblocks, TinkersConstructDEV, Industrialcraft2Experimental, Gravisuite IC2 addon, Forestry, Openperipheral, StatusEffectHUD, Dungeonpack, MeteorsMod, CustomMobSpawner - GUI API - Mocreatures (I disabled this a few times to see if it was causing the issue but it wasn't), and Arsmagica 2.
    Perhaps one of them is causing the issue. And regarding the JVM Arguments, what is the exact code that you suggest I put in? JVM Arguments really confuse me.
    Last edited by Ventenah; 2013-10-20 at 06:39 PM.

then idk whats is causing that problem but i would recommend trying one by one the mod until u find the one that is causing the problem it happen to me and thats how i manage to fix the issue. For jvm arguments try this one is the same code u tried but backwards -XX:MaxPermSize=3 gb -Xmx3072m
    Last edited by mine3500; 2013-10-20 at 06:56 PM.

Getting a rendering issue with Batboxes and LV transformers in NEI.Seem to be between IC2 exp 271 and extrautilities. Maybe because the new textures don't work with colored wood? Dunno.
    http://pastebin.com/iMvbzHrN
    If someone can give it a gander, thanks, if not that's fine. I'm checking around to see if there are similar issues. May just post the recipes at spawn with the warning not to look it up in NEI

Deleted
    I am getting the same issue with extrautil and Ic2... for quite some time now.

I figured it out, at least I hope. It hasn't crashed since. Make sure you have:
    ####################
    # grave
    ####################

grave {
    # Enable graves on player death
    B:enableGraves=false

# Probabily that a ghost will spawn from breaking a grave, from 0 to 100.
    I:ghostProbability=0
    }
    within openblocks mod's config set to false. It crashes the internal server when you die if you have it set to true. I must have enabled it by mistake, it's default as "false".

Korsovan, known bug with the colored wood in Extra Util. It crashes when IE tries to render it. You need to disable it in the configs by settings its ID to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    Korsovan, known bug with the colored wood in Extra Util. It crashes when IE tries to render it. You need to disable it in the configs by settings its ID to 0.
    Nice thanks for that. And I'm just disabling the item ID in ExtraUtils config yeah?
    Last edited by Korsovan; 2013-10-21 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Does anyone know of a minimap that works like Rei's? I've tried Zan but it has all these options that I don't like, like cave mode and radar. I don't want people on my server to be able to see mobs on their radar, it feels cheaty. All I want is a minimap with waypoints =)
    Since it's client side only, you'll never be able to stop them from using anything they want. Unless there's a mod that hides that stuff on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Korsovan View Post
    Nice thanks for that. And I'm just disabling the item ID in ExtraUtils config yeah?
    Yes, settings its ID to 0 will disable the block. This is specifically an Extra Utilities thing (I believe OpenBlocks does this too). It won't work with every mod.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    Since it's client side only, you'll never be able to stop them from using anything they want. Unless there's a mod that hides that stuff on the server.
    Hm yeah I guess so. I don't expect my friends to actually install mods on their own though, so I think if the mod just doesn't provide the option it would be safe. I'll just live with no minimap for now. Feels kind of old school, keeping a list of waypoints in a text file on my desktop