Quote Originally Posted by nqbus8 View Post
    Third, I want to mention a point of inconsistency that will go unnoticed by most who download the config files, but might affect anyone who changes them based on the change log (I did because I wanted to make the update with a few simple keystrokes). The change log for 3.5.17 states that a network id for the barrels mod was corrected (per the mod makers specifications). The change log says that this was changed to 254 but if you manually change it to this value it will crash. The config for barrels has the id change to "I:networkID=245" A manual change to this worked....but laguy works so hard, I should have just skipped the note and downloaded the config
    Wow, nice catch. I will go fix that note on the changelog on the next version. Looks like I got a little dyslexic on that one. And thanks for the kind words. They are appreciated.

Oh, and the readme was actually written by Eunomiac so my thanks to him for not only the idea for the readme but the actual file.

Deleted
    So u still glad u said u would do the configs now laguy

Fuzzie, Im using Soulshards 2 in my current SSP world and it does the same thing, not always, but occasionally crashing the client out of the game and the soulcage is gone from the world.

Its not world breaking, just means you lose a small amount of resources making the actual cage again, you dont lose the soul shard.

Havnt fired it up in SMP so i dont know if its just a client side crash or if it would crash out a server instance.

Laguy, did you test it in SMP or SSP ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDlor View Post
    Any specific way to make it crash? like i said im on 952 and 197 and cant get it to crash :/ like any specific cover which does it?
    also when you updated multiparts did you delete the config file once?

/edit alright now i see it , when i have a torch in my hand and look at a multipart then it happens.
    Your are faster with solving than I am with replying to you

Yes, its somehow related to torches. If you have one in hand or place one near covers.

I placed 4 covers (stone) around a torch to see how it looks... bang...
    I looked at a shallow angle into a corner and placed 2 torches in the corner... bang

same error each time ...

and a big Thank you to all making this threat awesome. for setup, hosting, config, comments and all. you guys rock!
    Last edited by Tommyk; 2013-11-15 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildemagic View Post
    Fuzzie, Im using Soulshards 2 in my current SSP world and it does the same thing, not always, but occasionally crashing the client out of the game and the soulcage is gone from the world.

Its not world breaking, just means you lose a small amount of resources making the actual cage again, you dont lose the soul shard.

Havnt fired it up in SMP so i dont know if its just a client side crash or if it would crash out a server instance.

Laguy, did you test it in SMP or SSP ?
    Just in SSP. Hopefully mod author will fix it soon. The previous version seems okay although it doesn't have the change he made where cages can't be changed to another type.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    So u still glad u said u would do the configs now laguy
    Yeah, why, did you want the job?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFarmerJoe View Post
    Fuzzie,
    Additional Buildcraft Objects, link gives an error when tried
    Truss Mod, you have 1.6.2.30, but the link downloads beta-1.6.4-30
    EnderStorage, you have 1.4.3.4, but it downloads 1.4.3.5
    Fixed these issues

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wildemagic View Post

I'm going to try it out before actually using it in my world. Thanks for checking it out!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDlor View Post
    Any specific way to make it crash? like i said im on 952 and 197 and cant get it to crash :/ like any specific cover which does it?
    also when you updated multiparts did you delete the config file once?

/edit alright now i see it , when i have a torch in my hand and look at a multipart then it happens.
    To anyone still having multipart or fake player crashes, I'm pretty sure I've found a workable combination:

• Forge 944
    • Forge Multipart 193
    • CodeChickenLib 43 (make sure you update this; it's on the MCF ExtraUtils page as a possible solution to some of the crashes)

I've been running smoothly with the newest versions of ExtraUtilities, Thaumcraft and Bibliocraft (the three mods that were causing fake player crashes), and I have quite a few multiparts around my base.

Here are the builds of Forge I tested (red builds gave me fake-player crashes with both ThaumCraft and BiblioCraft; purple builds didn't, but aren't compatible with ExtraUtilities 0.3.5):

I tested the above in various combinations with Multipart builds 182, 191, 193 and 197, depending on which Forge build I was using. I finally landed on Multipart 193, because its release coincided with the release of ExtraUtils 0.3.5 and Forge 944 (haven't tested Forge 944 with Multipart 197, though).

ty Eunomiac. will try that

edit: tested and it passed all my torch-multipart-tests flawlessly. awesome, thanks!
    Last edited by Tommyk; 2013-11-15 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Just in SSP. Hopefully mod author will fix it soon. The previous version seems okay although it doesn't have the change he made where cages can't be changed to another type.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, why, did you want the job?

Hay I offered at the time but you beat me too it I think lol

Deleted
    Been playing around with OldFarmerJoe's perl script and found a little error on the modlist.
    The version of ObsidiPlates should be 2.0.0.15 instead of 1.0.0.15
    The file tells version 2.xx at least.

BTW: Thanks for your hard work. Thanks to all of you. Keeping mods updated is THAT much easier with your list.

Maybe I am misreading this tweet, but it looks like tentative release date for TE is out?????

" TeamCoFH ‏@TeamCoFH 6h

Per request of @TheGr8Lands tentative release date set for Friday 11/22!"

That would be great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I am misreading this tweet, but it looks like tentative release date for TE is out?????

" TeamCoFH ‏@TeamCoFH 6h

Per request of @TheGr8Lands tentative release date set for Friday 11/22!"

That would be great.
    Indeed! Oh wait that's next week.

Oh, and I have some news. Going to be starting an overnight shift at the end of Nov. It's only for the holidays but it should make me less tired. Will be sleeping in the afternoon though.

Deleted
    KL said on IRC earlier that there might be an open beta today or tomorrow.

<KingLemming> What is *likely* going to happen is that actual release will be next week
    <KingLemming> but we'll have a .b release tonight/tomorrow
    <KingLemming> *likely*, I'm not promising
    Plans ofc can change and it was only a chat statement.
    Last edited by mmocadf195599a; 2013-11-15 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need the help of someone who knows more about Minecraft errors and such.

On my minecraft setup, I use the mod/config setup from this thread in the main setup, and I have another profile set up to play pixelmon with nephew, now, on my main game, I have no issues what so ever with anything, but when I load up the pixelmon profile, I get the following error....

Code:
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:55 [INFO] [STDOUT] 
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:55 [INFO] [STDOUT] Starting up SoundSystem...
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT] Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]     (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Realms: Invalid session id
    Client> AL lib: (EE) MMDevApiOpenPlayback: Device init failed: 0x80004005
    Client> AL lib: (EE) MMDevApiOpenPlayback: Device init failed: 0x80004005
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT] Error in class 'LibraryLWJGLOpenAL'
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]     Unable to initialize OpenAL.  Probable cause: OpenAL not supported.
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]     ERROR MESSAGE:
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]         Could not locate OpenAL library.
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]     STACK TRACE:
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]         org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:151)
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]         org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:102)
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]         org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:201)
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]         paulscode.sound.libraries.LibraryLWJGLOpenAL.init(LibraryLWJGLOpenAL.java:164)
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]         paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandNewLibrary(SoundSystem.java:1576)
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]         paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandQueue(SoundSystem.java:2572)
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]         paulscode.sound.CommandThread.run(CommandThread.java:121)
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]     ERROR MESSAGE:
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]         Could not locate OpenAL library.
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT] 
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT] Starting up SoundSystem...
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT] Switching to No Sound
    Client> 2013-11-15 17:46:57 [INFO] [STDOUT]     (Silent Mode)
    Can anyone help, if any other info is needed, please let me know and i'll provide it. Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaithlis View Post
    Can anyone help, if any other info is needed, please let me know and i'll provide it. Thanks
    Which version of LWJGL are you using?

navigate to .minecraft/libraries/org/lwjgl/lwjgl/<version>

if it's anything but 2.9.0 then update. It shouldn't be though. You could also try replacing it. OpenAL is included with LWJGL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lotho1 View Post
    KL said on IRC earlier that there might be an open beta today or tomorrow.

Plans ofc can change and it was only a chat statement.
    Well... I'm keeping an eye on twitter and the irc channel, but I doubt I'll be able to stay up too late. Work...

I'll get up a little earlier and check again before I leave.

If we do get a beta version of TE tonight I will probably just post a pastebin file for the TE config till we can get a proper set out. That way folks can start playing with it ASAP.

Update...

Was just looking at IRC and KL said awhile ago it isn't coming out until after he gets some sleep. Guess there are bugs and texture issues.

Was all excited it might hit today but not gonna happen it looks like.
    Last edited by laguy442; 2013-11-16 at 05:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we do get a beta version of TE tonight I will probably just post a pastebin file for the TE config till we can get a proper set out. That way folks can start playing with it ASAP.
    Sounds awesome. I can't wait to get a hold of TE again.

Deleted
    Mod suggestion
    w w w.minecraftforum.net/topic/1913394-111poiss111s-modsbuildcraft-addon-nojump-mod-deathitemsmod-keepitemsondeath-mod/:

111poiss 111 did a port of redpowers sorting machine.

Color sorting with buildcraft pipes.

Deleted
    Mfr updated

yep looks like mfr has joined the small list of mods that will be compatible with thermal expansions new power system when it gets released next week. So exciting. I know ender IO and engineers toolbox are compatible as well.