10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I got the config installed earlier. I'm still getting the photo's from spiders though. Got my second one after the new configs. I can't find anything in either Steve Carts or CameraCraft that would cause this. And thanks for the updates! And yeah, the newest forge messes my stuff up bigtime. Went to 480 instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Yeah, I got the config installed earlier. I'm still getting the photo's from spiders though. Got my second one after the new configs. I can't find anything in either Steve Carts or CameraCraft that would cause this. And thanks for the updates! And yeah, the newest forge messes my stuff up bigtime. Went to 480 instead.
    They removed the changelogs from the download page so I cant tell what works and what doesn't. It being the holidays and all I'm not sure when I would expect fixes. Probably not today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    They removed the changelogs from the download page so I cant tell what works and what doesn't. It being the holidays and all I'm not sure when I would expect fixes. Probably not today.
    Yeah, didn't expect much in terms of updates today. Will most likely see a number of them in the next few days.

Deleted
    well i can tell u i dont have that error but i dont have cam craft or greg tech(i hate that mod) so its got to be one of them

Deleted
    I saw that Greg's Lightning finally updated to 1.4.6 so I decided to go ahead with moving my world to 1.4.6.

With a bit of work, going through all the configs and comparing with 1.4.5 I was able to get everything working as it was before.

Decided to forsake Transformers & IC2<->BC3 mod for Petroleum Generator. This leaves Steam Boiler/Steam Turbine <-> Nuclear steam , Petroleum and Forestry Electrical engine as my sources for converting between, which feels more than adequate for me.
    This also creates more power towards Oil/fuel and Nuclear energy, which I feel it somtimes need.
    Last edited by mmocb7bea5a059; 2012-12-26 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    well i can tell u i dont have that error but i dont have cam craft or greg tech(i hate that mod) so its got to be one of them
    With Christmas being done with I don't have to worry about it anymore. And remember guys, MMO-Champion has an IRC channel. I'm usually logged in while I'm playing Minecraft via ForgeIRC. Be sure to check it out! If you're unfamiliar to IRC visit this thread for details!
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-12-26 at 03:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates:

• Forge Updated
    • Enderstorage Updated
    • Wireless Redstone CBE Core/RP/Addons Updated
    • Additional Pipes Updated
    • Extra Bees Updated
    • Greg's Lighting Updated

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, morning Fuzzie! Thanks again for the updates!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, morning Fuzzie! Thanks again for the updates!
    No worries. I'll be back later on.

Deleted
    hows that version of forge behaving mate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Been using 483 since last night with no issues. haven't gone to 486 yest due to me having issues accessing the forge site. (it's been a mess the last few days)

Also have been noticed a little bit of framerate issues ever since updating on the 23rd. Nothing detrimental, but it seems to stutter every now and then.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-12-26 at 05:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been using 483 since last night with no issues. haven't gone to 486 yest due to me having issues accessing the forge site. (it's been a mess the last few days)

Also have been noticed a little bit of framerate issues ever since updating on the 23rd. Nothing detrimental, but it seems to stutter every now and then.
    seems like all of cpw's file sites were down today. Couldn't access Iron Chests 2 or Compact Solars either.

• ComputerCraft Updated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    seems like all of cpw's file sites were down today. Couldn't access Iron Chests 2 or Compact Solars either.

• ComputerCraft Updated
    Ha! Finally able to get through!

Deleted
    hello guys, I've been following this thread for some time now since you guys seem to be in the loop of everything. I appologize before-hand for dropping in out of the blue just to ask some questions.

My first question -how did you come across the IC2 1.112 update? I couldn't find it in their forums or wiki. Anyways, thanks a bunch for it ^_^d diamonds to you

My second question is about PC specs. I'm limited to a small netbook (Toshiba NB200 to be specific). I used to be able to play fairly well with various mods (MC1.2.5 + IC2, BC3, RP2, Forestry, InvTweaks) but now the framerate has dropped to a maximum of 8fps.
    I used Optifine to help me out but now it doesn't cut it. So, do any of you guys know of any good combination of preferences/options/config to boost my fps? even just a tiny bit would be very helpfull ^^

I really like this thread and check it every day, so thank you all for such an interesting conversation

PS: I don't use all the mods detailed in the OP, only the ones mentioned earlier and I included MystCraft and CompactSolars but these don't affect performance as far as I know

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hanzo2001 View Post
    My first question -how did you come across the IC2 1.112 update? I couldn't find it in their forums or wiki. Anyways, thanks a bunch for it ^_^d diamonds to you
    The beta thread is in the support forum on the IC2 website.

My second question is about PC specs. I'm limited to a small netbook (Toshiba NB200 to be specific). I used to be able to play fairly well with various mods (MC1.2.5 + IC2, BC3, RP2, Forestry, InvTweaks) but now the framerate has dropped to a maximum of 8fps.
    I used Optifine to help me out but now it doesn't cut it. So, do any of you guys know of any good combination of preferences/options/config to boost my fps? even just a tiny bit would be very helpfull ^^

PS: I don't use all the mods detailed in the OP, only the ones mentioned earlier and I included MystCraft and CompactSolars but these don't affect performance as far as I know
    Your netbook could just be overheating. Hard to say without any stats.

Heya,

you can find ic2 in the support area -> http://forum.industrial-craft.net/in...&threadID=8607

I also have problems with low framerates atm and try to figure out what it is. Its only my 'old' world with ALL the mods

I made a 2nd instance via MCLauncher and it runs fine and fast atm while I add one mod after the other to find the fps-hugger

Will report when I found it ofc...

cheers

edit1: here is what it seems to be MY problem.

As soon as I add mystcraft, I get some serious framedrops after a while. They never go away once it starts. Chests open with delay and all fps in general is getting pretty low for me. Feels like chunks getting loaded but not purged anymore. I need to look into that.

I have no Dimensions or even Linkbooks in my new world. This maybe Forge-related since there where some changes to make mystcraft run in 1.4.6 I need to look deeper into that but atm I cannot reach http://files.minecraftforge.net/

Cannot confirm that with my old world since there I have many ages and linkbooks but I think I make a copy of the savegame and just see what is happening to the fps when I remove mystcraft from my old world...

any ideas welcome strangly NEI does not show up in my old world anymore. its enabled and all but does not show when I press 'o'. another odd thing I have to check for since I am pretty sure I am using same configs and mods (beside mystcraft) but even WITH mystcraft I CAN use NEI in my new install. strange thing...

edit2: Hmm, it seems it is NOT related to mystcraft. I removed it and started a copy of my old world (ofc it was warning that mod was removed) but other than that my old world still lags like hell. will now look into the placed machines (first I go far away from my base to make them unload as the chunk get unloaded and see how that feels. NEI still not showing in old world. very strange, never had such before but read about it on forums (NEI not showing up)
    Last edited by Tommyk; 2012-12-26 at 09:46 PM. Reason: update - edit2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hanzo2001 View Post
    hello guys, I've been following this thread for some time now since you guys seem to be in the loop of everything. I appologize before-hand for dropping in out of the blue just to ask some questions.

I really like this thread and check it every day, so thank you all for such an interesting conversation

1. Drop any texture pack you may be using.

2. Tweak your Optifine settings. Go to video options. Set graphics to fast, smooth lighting off, fog off, under details set everything either to off or default if off is not available. Under animations turn everything off. View bobbing turn off (believe it or not it actually has a small performance increase doing this). Advanced OpenGL set to fast (you may experience a few artifacts). Chunk Loading set to Smooth. Under Quality turn everything off or to default if off isn't an option. Performance setting: Everything off except smooth world. Chunk updates set to 1. Other: Everything off or default if off isn't an option.

3. Snooper Settings: Off. Can occasional cause a hiccup in the game if on.

4. Make sure you keep addons up to date.

5. Close any background processes.

6. Make sure Java is up to date. You need to be running Java 7. If your OS is a 64 bit OS, make sure you are using the 64-bit Java 7.

Thats pretty much all I can come up with.

Thanks Greevir! Followed your settings for Optifine and also turned Snooper off. VERY much improved! Then turned some eyecandy (fancy) back on. Still VERY much better!

Cheers!

NEI is still not showing up in my old world. No idea why...

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG.... I really screwed up somewhere.... I reformatted my computer today and reinstalled everything. Somewhere along the line I messed up IronChests.... I logged in to find all my Iron chests gone.... Apparently the Iron Chests mod didn't get copied over. Now I have lost everything I had in those chests.... dammit....

Deleted
    Thanks too Greevir, Tommyk and Fuzzzie
    the optifine settings have improved somewhat the framerate. I'm already pushing the best out of this minibook so I know I shouldn't be using this PC for playing but it's all I have left.

I'm still impressed with your efforts in this thread. If there is anything I can help out with please let me know. I'll be checking in daily

Happy holidays to you all ^^