Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    So is there any word on TE being close to release for 1.7.2?
    I'm very interested in that too as many mods actually depend on TE (or at least can use RF power). I already messaged the author but he never replied to me.

Deleted
    Config up will host till Monday then will reset server

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers laguy, thanx for everything!!!!!

Anyone here running the full list and having BC behave strangely? None of the recipes show up in NEI and when you try craft a recipe it doesn't work for any item... Also had a nasty crash when placing a fluid pipe I cheated in with Immibis microblocks, removing microblocks solved it tho so that's not too much of an issue. Anyone else had this before I start pulling mods to see what's what?

Assembly table recipes work fine but any vanilla crafting recipe and any recipe that depends on a buildcraft component(eg logi pipe) also doesn't work. I'm using all the exact mods on this list and configs, pulling all BC addons doesn't solve it either so it's one of the other mods doing this.

Cheating in the item works fine.
    Last edited by ScottulusMaximus; 2014-04-10 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    you mean the 17 or 16 list mate?
    #

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottulusMaximus View Post
    Anyone here running the full list and having BC behave strangely? None of the recipes show up in NEI and when you try craft a recipe it doesn't work for any item... Also had a nasty crash when placing a fluid pipe I cheated in with Immibis microblocks, removing microblocks solved it tho so that's not too much of an issue. Anyone else had this before I start pulling mods to see what's what?

Assembly table recipes work fine but any vanilla crafting recipe and any recipe that depends on a buildcraft component(eg logi pipe) also doesn't work. I'm using all the exact mods on this list and configs, pulling all BC addons doesn't solve it either so it's one of the other mods doing this.

Cheating in the item works fine.
    I've had weird recipe issues a while ago, too. Removing MTech fixed it for me.

Deleted
    yeah forgot about that lol yeah remove mtech it causes very weird issues

15+ Year Old Account
    1.6.4 Config Pack Download v3.5.65 : Main Download

Config Pack Changelog : http://paste.ubuntu.com/7224444/
    Config Pack Block/Item ID Spreadsheet : http://bit.ly/1aAlH1m

Version 3.5.65 - April 8th 2014

• Blood Magic - Block and Item ID's added

- - - Updated - - -

Modular Powersuits rolled back to previous version to address crash issues. Numina should still work fine.

- - - Updated - - -

As some of you know, the team has gone through a transition. From this point on the 1.6.4 config pack will no longer be released. The final version will be hosted by myself this weekend.

After that, 1.6 updates will continue for around 1-2 weeks. After that time I'll be switching to 1.7 exclusively. With 1.8 on the horizon, I feel that in order to keep this list cutting edge I'll need to move on from 1.6. I know many of you still play 1.6 and I hope that with the coming progression more mod authors will look at updating their mods.

Configs for this and possibly 1.7 are up in the air. As I have no one doing them now, releasing new updates will be and issue. I hope to have a 1.7 config pack out in the next two weeks but that may change.

Thank you for your continued support.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2014-04-11 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    1.6.4 Config Pack Download v3.5.65 : Main Download

Config Pack Changelog : http://paste.ubuntu.com/7224444/
    Config Pack Block/Item ID Spreadsheet : http://bit.ly/1aAlH1m

Version 3.5.65 - April 8th 2014

• Blood Magic - Block and Item ID's added

- - - Updated - - -

Modular Powersuits rolled back to previous version to address crash issues. Numina should still work fine.

- - - Updated - - -

As some of you know, the team has gone through a transition. From this point on the 1.6.4 config pack will no longer be released. The final version will be hosted by myself this weekend.

After that, 1.6 updates will continue for around 1-2 weeks. After that time I'll be switching to 1.7 exclusively. With 1.8 on the horizon, I feel that in order to keep this list cutting edge I'll need to move on from 1.6. I know many of you still play 1.6 and I hope that with the coming progression more mod authors will look at updating their mods.

Configs for this and possibly 1.7 are up in the air. As I have no one doing them now, releasing new updates will be and issue. I hope to have a 1.7 config pack out in the next two weeks but that may change.

Thank you for your continued support.
    Honestly, I'd say drop the configs entirely. Especially going into 1.7. The list itself is enough work and it seems the configs aren't "appreciated" enough. In the end though, just do what you enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Honestly, I'd say drop the configs entirely. Especially going into 1.7. The list itself is enough work and it seems the configs aren't "appreciated" enough. In the end though, just do what you enjoy.
    The transition will go to 1.7. A config pack will make it's way eventually. Not going to put extra pressure on myself for little gain atm.

- - - Updated - - -

So, to re-iterate. 1.6 configs will come to an end this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Config link updated.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnderEdgar View Post
    I've had weird recipe issues a while ago, too. Removing MTech fixed it for me.
    Yup after much wailing and gnashing of teeth I too determined it was MTech breaking all the things...

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    They'd actually take almost nothing to maintain. The only changes needed are things like turning off copper from either railcraft and/or ic2 (and for when TE finally comes out)

Deleted
    They'd actually take almost nothing to maintain. The only changes needed are things like turning off copper from either railcraft and/or ic2 (and for when TE finally comes out)
    I don't think they currently do that in the config pack though. Since people can decide for themselves which mods they want, it'd be quite annoying to make a modpack (subset of this list) and find out after hours of mining that there's no copper to be found =)

Thumbs up Json

I've got an api online that converts the mod list (and separately the libs list) on Fuzzzies page into json for 1.6.4 and 1.7.2. If anyone is interested, pm me.

For example:
    Code:
    {
            "mods": [
            {
                "name": "Forge 1.6.4",
                "version": "9.11.1.965",
                "download": "hxxp adf.ly / 673885 / hxxp files minecraftforge net / maven / net / minecraftforge / forge / 1.6.4-9.11.1.965 / forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-installer.jar",
                "forumUrl": "hxxp www minecraftforge net / forum / index.php",
                "infoUrl": "hxxp www minecraftforge net / wiki/"
            },
            {
                "name": "Advanced Flux Tools",
                "version": "1.02",
                "download": "hxxp adf.ly ds0k8",
                "forumUrl": "hxxp www minecraftforum net / topic / 2405400-164thermal-expansion-3-addon-advanced-flux-tools/",
                "infoUrl": "hxxp www youtube com / watch?v=UAseKruqlFQ"
            },
            .... and so on .... links were muted for this forum ...
    }
    - - - Updated - - -

I haven't done enough posts to PM yet, doh.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have to give 1.7 mods a try, applied energistics 2 looks good.
    Last edited by romulous75; 2014-04-11 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added an example

thanks for this thread, it's really useful for server admin.

also I just try the new launcher "CraftBoot" it's really awesome for providing custom modpack.

before I was using a .zip for multimc but now I gonna change for this one, you need to give a try.

minecraftforum .net/topic/2532463- (remove space)

Has anyone ever built an overworld gold farm? You basically build a tower - branch out so many squares (and fill it with flowing water) - then build portals above that? (pigmen spawn, hit water - which pushes them to hole - they fall down tower and you collect the gold - profit!)

I'm trying to decide if it's better to build multiple portals - or just use 1 massive one... And what happens if you go above that? Even more efficient?

Has anyone ever built an overworld gold farm? You basically build a tower - branch out so many squares (and fill it with flowing water) - then build portals above that? (pigmen spawn, hit water - which pushes them to hole - they fall down tower and you collect the gold - profit!)

I'm trying to decide if it's better to build multiple portals - or just use 1 massive one... And what happens if you go above that? Even more efficient?
    I have done it in the past. You must have many portals. I don't think the size of the portal matters at all. Just the number of portals. Note that you can let the portals share each others borders (on all four sides) to have the least amount of obsidian.

Also note that you need a *lot* of portals to get a reasonable amount of loot here.

Additionally it is best to have the pigman fall down a hole so they just don't die. Then you can kill them with a looting sword which gives you a lot more items and also XP.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question of my own actually: I'm having a bit of trouble with the ChickenChunks mod for 1.6.4 and couldn't find a solution or explanation on the MC forum for this mod. The problem can easily be demonstrated by looking at a screenshot:

These huge gaps in my world occur randomly at various locations near where I am playing (you can see a part of my base on the right). They disappear once I quit and reload the world but it is annoying in any case.

I'm using the latest ChickenChunks (1.3.3.4). The weird thing is that I actually haven't created any chunk loader yet. So the mod is simply loaded and that's all. Once I remove ChickenChunks mod this problem goes away.

I also have railcraft and MFR which also have mod loaders and they don't seem to have this problem.

Anyone has any idea about this problem? I'd love to use the ChickenChunks chunk loader but if this problem can't be solved I'll have to use the one from RailCraft instead.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McJty View Post
    I have done it in the past. You must have many portals. I don't think the size of the portal matters at all. Just the number of portals. Note that you can let the portals share each others borders (on all four sides) to have the least amount of obsidian.

Also note that you need a *lot* of portals to get a reasonable amount of loot here.

Additionally it is best to have the pigman fall down a hole so they just don't die. Then you can kill them with a looting sword which gives you a lot more items and also XP.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question of my own actually: I'm having a bit of trouble with the ChickenChunks mod for 1.6.4 and couldn't find a solution or explanation on the MC forum for this mod. The problem can easily be demonstrated by looking at a screenshot:

These huge gaps in my world occur randomly at various locations near where I am playing (you can see a part of my base on the right). They disappear once I quit and reload the world but it is annoying in any case.

I'm using the latest ChickenChunks (1.3.3.4). The weird thing is that I actually haven't created any chunk loader yet. So the mod is simply loaded and that's all. Once I remove ChickenChunks mod this problem goes away.

I also have railcraft and MFR which also have mod loaders and they don't seem to have this problem.

Anyone has any idea about this problem? I'd love to use the ChickenChunks chunk loader but if this problem can't be solved I'll have to use the one from RailCraft instead.

Thanks
    This has been an issue for a looooooong time. Still no fixes.

Deleted
    This chunk error problem also occurs in vanilla MC, so I think you're pretty safe using ChickenChunks.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Chunk_error#Chunk_error

edit: damn you Greevir

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    This chunk error problem also occurs in vanilla MC, so I think you're pretty safe using ChickenChunks.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Chunk_error#Chunk_error

edit: damn you Greevir
    Well, I have *never* ever seen it in Vanilla MC and it always occurs (every time I play) with ChickenChunks. Note that F3+A doesn't fix it. The chunks are literally not there. It is not a visual error.

So I have my doubts this is actually the same problem as missing chunks in Vanilla because those go away once you press F3+A to refresh chunks.

Edit: Ok, I read the link you provided. The thing is that I'm using single player (no server) and there the problem should be rare.
    Last edited by McJty; 2014-04-14 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    its a chunk error its worse in vanilla mate honest that's not a mod issue have it in vanilla a lot (well used to ) latest versions its pretty rare