Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Yeah, we both play single player fine. I have a FTB Magic Pack Server that I run on my computer along with the client with no issues. We just can't get this group of mods to play nice together when we try LAN and we can't figure out why since we don't get anything noticeable from the console. I'll try to do a regular server using this setup later and see if I can get it to work. It's possible that the ID errors I was getting with Forge was keeping it from working. With those errors gone now, it may work.
    I've had a few errors with ID conflicts when trying to get my server up and running. I don't see an issue with a LAN game, but if your computer can run both a server and an instance at the same time, I'd just run a server. The ID conflicts for me were fixed by just deleting and recopying over the configs after running minecraft once. I don't understand why NEI would have issues specifically related to a LAN server, but if you need any help setting up a normal server, I'd be happy to work you through it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    So that's good news. I didn't even know she was taking donations. With any luck we'll see it by this weekend.
    I knew she was accepting donations (well, Slowpoke said they'd help), I just don't understand why she wouldn't let people help her fix her bugs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    I knew she was accepting donations (well, Slowpoke said they'd help), I just don't understand why she wouldn't let people help her fix her bugs.
    I can understand why she doesn't want to do public Beta, since most people who would signup/use a beta copy would never report anything and just play it. It happens with just about every game. They're more like "marketing betas". Anyways.. I'm surprised she doesn't have her Forgecraft friends help out. There is such an amazing pool of talent there that you would think someone could step in and have a look at the code.

Not going to fret over it though. Been without it since July so a few more days isn't going to make that much difference.

-----

Updates are coming for today! I haven't forgot. Will probably be up around 9 or 10 est though.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 08:08 PM ----------

Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Extra Bees Updated (Nearing Completion).
    • Forestry Updated
    • Gregtech-Addon Updated

Only a few today. The Extra Bees update seems to be a big one. He's moving away from Dev versions and looking at an actual release. This means things are probably more stable than in the past.

Also, in case you missed the news. Eloraam tweeted that shes working on Redpower and hopes to finish it up soon.

Well 1.4.6 is coming on Thursday so will wait even longer again

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxy View Post
    Well 1.4.6 is coming on Thursday so will wait even longer again
    We'll have to see if it's a patch that requires a lot of changes to mods or if it is like the 1.4.4->1.4.5 update and can be done with relative ease. Looking at the notes for 1.4.6 I don't see a lot of major changes, just bug fixes.

That said, the mod list will now be FROZEN and no further updates will come until Thursday or i have a clearer picture of what is happening with current versions.

=============================

Not sure if it's 100% necessary, but here goes a 1.4.6 list in case everything needs to be updated. As I said the 1.4.5 list will be frozen until I have more information. This is a good time to do backups for your installs and worlds.

Edit: Looks like it will be necessary. Tried 1.4.6. Got Forge for 1.4.6 installed and tried a random sample of mods individually. Each one blackscreened on load. This is going to take a while.....

1.4.6 List moved to the OP.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-12-20 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    I've had a few errors with ID conflicts when trying to get my server up and running. I don't see an issue with a LAN game, but if your computer can run both a server and an instance at the same time, I'd just run a server. The ID conflicts for me were fixed by just deleting and recopying over the configs after running minecraft once. I don't understand why NEI would have issues specifically related to a LAN server, but if you need any help setting up a normal server, I'd be happy to work you through it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 11:12 PM ----------

Got everything working with a server hosted from my computer (Just a few conflicts here and there). Simply never could get it working on LAN though. The only errors I get when I set up the server were issues with the NEI Plugins Mod. I had to remove it to get the server to run. It may have been the reason for the LAN screwing up but no matter. I've been planning on renting a small server whenever RP2 decides to come out. I just wanted to get the LAN working cause it was simple for my brother to manage. Any suggestions on RAM for this group of mods? It's only gonna be like 2 ppl on it with all these mods atm (may expand the number of people if needed later). Right now I run the server and play it on the same computer with 1GB assigned to both. Brother isn't getting lag and neither am I so I figure a 1GB server may be enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any suggestions on RAM for this group of mods? It's only gonna be like 2 ppl on it with all these mods atm (may expand the number of people if needed later). Right now I run the server and play it on the same computer with 1GB assigned to both. Brother isn't getting lag and neither am I so I figure a 1GB server may be enough.
    For only 2 people, 1Gb should be enough. Just don't go nuts with like 50 chunk loaders

Got everything working with a server hosted from my computer (Just a few conflicts here and there). Simply never could get it working on LAN though. The only errors I get when I set up the server were issues with the NEI Plugins Mod. I had to remove it to get the server to run. It may have been the reason for the LAN screwing up but no matter. I've been planning on renting a small server whenever RP2 decides to come out. I just wanted to get the LAN working cause it was simple for my brother to manage. Any suggestions on RAM for this group of mods? It's only gonna be like 2 ppl on it with all these mods atm (may expand the number of people if needed later). Right now I run the server and play it on the same computer with 1GB assigned to both. Brother isn't getting lag and neither am I so I figure a 1GB server may be enough.
    Have you done any research on renting a server? I am interested in doing that also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2remember View Post
    Have you done any research on renting a server? I am interested in doing that also.
    I used to run a vanilla server a while back. Been wanting to do another one but haven't really had a reason to. With me playing with all these mods now (and getting my brother into them) I figured it would be a good time to do another. Looking at MC Pro Hostings Grass Plan. 1GB RAM, no fluff. $10 bucks a month.

Deleted
    With Azanor apparently on vacation for a bit, maybe staying at 1.4.5 will be the best idea right now, unless it gets recompiled anyway. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHara View Post
    With Azanor apparently on vacation for a bit, maybe staying at 1.4.5 will be the best idea right now, unless it gets recompiled anyway. :P
    You'll have to stay on 1.4.5 if you hope to maintain any current world you're using. You'll have to wait for all the mods to update. Supposedly it's simply a matter of recompiling the mod for most people so it shouldn't take too long.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 12:04 PM ----------

The bulk of the updates will likely come upon release of 1.4.6 tomorrow. I'll be filling in the chart throughout the day. Note that you'll need to update all the mods you're currently using in order to continue playing your world.

I strongly recommend creating a backup before doing this.

The word was that on Saturday most mods might be updated for 1.4.6 but the best news was RP2. It's very close. With RP2 you can easily "remove" a few mods in that list(since they're doing what RP2 does better, but less overall mods). That's what I'm going to do anyway. I'm only using pipe addons as a substitute for RP2 not being around. But that's just me! Huge RP2 fan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    The word was that on Saturday most mods might be updated for 1.4.6 but the best news was RP2. It's very close. With RP2 you can easily "remove" a few mods in that list(since they're doing what RP2 does better, but less overall mods). That's what I'm going to do anyway. I'm only using pipe addons as a substitute for RP2 not being around. But that's just me! Huge RP2 fan.
    It's a possibility that by Saturday we'll see most mods. Just keep in mind that if you're actively using a mod now that doesn't update then you'll have to wait. I've learned to not hope to much for a RP2 release. It's been months and there has been a lot of talk of it coming out soon. Now seems like the most likely release window we've seen, but I wouldn't count on Saturday. It could be any time in the next 2-3 weeks in my opinion. I would be happy to be wrong though.

---

1.4.5 Updates:

I said the 1.4.5 mod list was frozen, but I do have a few updates for it should you wish to continue keeping it up to date.

• Railcraft Updated
    • Treecapitator Updated.

As for 1.4.6 updates, there are a few. Please refer to the list here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19489443 for the next few days while I post the ongoing updates. There will likely be a lot. Keep checking back often. Again, I recommend backing up your current install.

Deleted
    Also twilight forest has been updated too, One thing i cant update is railcraft it just white screens on me since version 6.10.03 (not even other dev/beta builds would work) im guessing its a id conflict with the new aura system and goggles but without it ever hitting the crash report screen its a bit hard to tell lol

Edited for your sanity lol
    Last edited by mmocf27294aad4; 2012-12-20 at 05:43 PM.

Really useful guide for noobs like us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealEloraam
    Running on 1.4.6 now. It managed to add a couple small bugs. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. The end of the world?
    Guess she's skipping 1.4.5, going straight to 1.4.6?

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess she's skipping 1.4.5, going straight to 1.4.6?
    yep!

Updates are starting to trickle in for 1.4.6. Optifine and Forge got updates this morning as well as a few mods. The 1.4.5 list is now done. Not going to put any more updates into it.

Hopefully this doesn't take weeks..

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 12:02 PM ----------

1.4.6 Updates

• Forge Updated
    • Optifine Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated

1.4.6 List has been moved to the OP above the 1.4.5 list.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-12-20 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    AAnyone else having the issue I posted or visit just me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    I haven't even tried updating to the newer stuff. I'm just leaving my mods alone for now until I get everything updated to 1.4.6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    Yeah, no clue. Just waiting on everything to update to 1.4.6 to start over. Had to abandon my 1.4.5 world.... Minecraft crashed anytime a load screen comes up. (death, going to nether, going to a mystcraft age) simply got tired of the issue and gave up on the world.... right after my first quarry got finished too.... so sad.... Hopefully the mods get updated for 1.4.6 rather quickly (RP2 included) since I don't think I'll start a new world till they all do.

Deleted
    What version of rail craft you running then I though it was same as in op lol ( im on 1.4.5) lol. Also there is a computer craft for 1.4.6 too
    Last edited by mmocf27294aad4; 2012-12-20 at 05:46 PM.