1. #281
    You can use a turtle to get flint too!

    Code:
    m=turtle.getItemCount(1)
    while m >= 2 do
      turtle.place()
      turtle.dig()
    end
    os.reboot()
    Put a stack of gravel in the first slot. He will place it, and break it until all the gravel has turned into flint. One stack takes about 5 minutes and no damage to your shovel.


    Additionally, Rockwool is essentially wool that doesn't burn. It has the same properties (hardness too) as stone, but you get the colors. So you can build things out of wool and not worry about it burning down.
    Last edited by Adalonus; 2012-12-09 at 10:29 PM.

  2. #282
    I just removed the mods that I had that were being messed up by the Thermal Expansion 2.1.1 update. I guess it changed some liquid stuff and it messes with a lot of mods that have the old api especially advanced alloys beta which I have been trying out. Also anyone else having problems with Wireless redstone CBE after updating?

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    I just removed the mods that I had that were being messed up by the Thermal Expansion 2.1.1 update. I guess it changed some liquid stuff and it messes with a lot of mods that have the old api especially advanced alloys beta which I have been trying out. Also anyone else having problems with Wireless redstone CBE after updating?
    I haven't checked the other stuff, but Wireless Redstone requires RedPower2.

  4. #284
    I haven't checked the other stuff, but Wireless Redstone requires RedPower2.
    Yeah I know but I installed it a while back hoping RP2 would be released soon and something broke so I removed it for now. It really is a pain having to fix all the ID conflicts with new mods though. It took me a while to just get a simple cotton mod installed after my update today.
    Last edited by Moonmonk; 2012-12-09 at 11:01 PM.

  5. #285
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Updates! Lot's of them!

    • Forge Updated
    • CodeChickenCore Updated
    • NEI Updated
    • Ender Storage Updated
    • Wireless Redstone CBE Core, Addons and Redpower Updated
    • ChickenChunks Updated
    • Additional Pipes Updated
    • ExtraBiomesXL Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Thaumcraft 3 Updated
    • Thermal Expansion Updated
    • Gregtech-Addon Updated
    • ModularForceFieldSystem Updated

    Currently testing the updates and I'll report any issues I come across. ChickenChunks still doesn't work for me yet.

    Also, about updates. I'm currently doing updates each evening. This is the only time I have to do them right now. If you see something that hasn't been updated please be patient. I'll get to it by the end of the day. Also note that I am the only one who can manage the OP list so if someone else comes along listing updates ignore it until you hear from me. This way you'll actually have the correct downloads.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 08:28 PM ----------

    Confirmed. Newest gregtech-addon fixes the bronze recipe.

    http://i.imgur.com/3mPQ4.png

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Updates! Lot's of them!

    • Forge Updated
    • CodeChickenCore Updated
    • NEI Updated
    • Ender Storage Updated
    • Wireless Redstone CBE Core, Addons and Redpower Updated
    • ChickenChunks Updated
    • Additional Pipes Updated
    • ExtraBiomesXL Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Thaumcraft 3 Updated
    • Thermal Expansion Updated
    • Gregtech-Addon Updated
    • ModularForceFieldSystem Updated

    Currently testing the updates and I'll report any issues I come across. ChickenChunks still doesn't work for me yet.

    Also, about updates. I'm currently doing updates each evening. This is the only time I have to do them right now. If you see something that hasn't been updated please be patient. I'll get to it by the end of the day. Also note that I am the only one who can manage the OP list so if someone else comes along listing updates ignore it until you hear from me. This way you'll actually have the correct downloads.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 08:28 PM ----------

    Confirmed. Newest gregtech-addon fixes the bronze recipe.

    http://i.imgur.com/3mPQ4.png
    Wow! Thats a lot of updates! Good to see the Bronze recipe fixed. Updates working well?


  7. #287
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Wow! Thats a lot of updates! Good to see the Bronze recipe fixed. Updates working well?
    Just finished updating all of my mods. No issues with any of them with the exception of ChickenChunks still not working.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    Yeah I know but I installed it a while back hoping RP2 would be released soon and something broke so I removed it for now. It really is a pain having to fix all the ID conflicts with new mods though. It took me a while to just get a simple cotton mod installed after my update today.
    Yeah, I wouldn't bother with Wireless Redstone until we have Redpower 2. Also, you can download my config files and save yourself some time. Just pick the ones you need out of the pack. Link is at the bottom of the OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    Put a stack of gravel in the first slot. He will place it, and break it until all the gravel has turned into flint. One stack takes about 5 minutes and no damage to your shovel.
    Pretty nifty, although once you get those initial few pieces then flint becomes useless. I usually end up voiding it from quarries.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    I just removed the mods that I had that were being messed up by the Thermal Expansion 2.1.1 update. I guess it changed some liquid stuff and it messes with a lot of mods that have the old api especially advanced alloys beta which I have been trying out.
    Didn't have any issues updating for me. Worked first time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rpalefsky View Post
    OK i will try to post when i can then , but is there any other way i could show you the crash report?
    I got your PM. You have BlockID conflcts with XYCraft. You can download my config files at the bottom of the OP or you can fix them one by one.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-12-10 at 01:54 AM.

  8. #288
    EDIT: I'm an idiot. I installed the wrong plugin pack.
    Last edited by Adalonus; 2012-12-10 at 04:47 AM.

  9. #289
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    One more update today.

    • Thermal Expansion Updated

    Fixes bugs if you've updated to the 2.1 version.

  10. #290
    Whenever I try to use greg tech machines, they always glitch out. They start to process then they keep restarting about 3 times a second while constantly draining energy. Is anyone else having this problem. This has happened to me with the blast furnace and the electrolyzer.

    Nevermind. Apparently it needs to be supplied with it's max EU/t or it wont work. So you'll need atleast an MFE to use the blast furnace or electrolyzer.
    Last edited by Adalonus; 2012-12-10 at 12:47 PM.

  11. #291
    How do you all update the mods that are put in the .jar file? I usually delete my entire minecraft and start from scratch, but is there an easier way to do it?

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by hofmannk View Post
    How do you all update the mods that are put in the .jar file? I usually delete my entire minecraft and start from scratch, but is there an easier way to do it?
    Use a program like MultiMC. It loads and unloads the files for you.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    Use a program like MultiMC. It loads and unloads the files for you.
    Will try that out, thanks a bunch.

  14. #294
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    Whenever I try to use greg tech machines, they always glitch out. They start to process then they keep restarting about 3 times a second while constantly draining energy. Is anyone else having this problem. This has happened to me with the blast furnace and the electrolyzer.

    Nevermind. Apparently it needs to be supplied with it's max EU/t or it wont work. So you'll need atleast an MFE to use the blast furnace or electrolyzer.
    Yeah, they need a lot of juice to run. You can get the centrifuge going on low voltage though.

    Quote Originally Posted by hofmannk View Post
    How do you all update the mods that are put in the .jar file? I usually delete my entire minecraft and start from scratch, but is there an easier way to do it?
    If you don't want to use anything extra, just make a copy of an unmodified minecraft.jar and have it set aside. When Forge or something updates, delete your in-game minecraft.jar, copy the clean one in and make the modifications.

  15. #295
    Anyone heard any more information about RedPower2?

  16. #296
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxy View Post
    Anyone heard any more information about RedPower2?
    Last I heard was 2 bugs about a week ago. They may have caused more bugs in addition to that. Hopefully soon though. Not worrying about it anymore

    Edit: Actually, 1 bug left now according to Redpower IRC. This is according to a post made today.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-12-10 at 06:35 PM.

  17. #297
    I've been using multi MC and it really helps a lot. Keeps things organized and has a nice little window that shows the status of the mods in real time (helps when things go wrong to find the problem) Since it highlights in red the problem it helps finding block ID conflicts in the giant wall of text from all the mods I have installed (something like 80 right now).

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 12:48 PM ----------

    Is anyone else experiencing a crash when trying to upgrade a chest to a copper chest with Iron chests mod?

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing a crash when trying to upgrade a chest to a copper chest with Iron chests mod?
    I have had it happen, but this was pre 1.4.x (1.2.5) usually the crash is just client side and upon relogging the items are in the newly upgraded chest without issue.

    Im pretty sure it was only the copper chest upgrade as well. Mostly I jump straight from wooden to iron then gold or diamond.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemagic View Post
    I have had it happen, but this was pre 1.4.x (1.2.5) usually the crash is just client side and upon relogging the items are in the newly upgraded chest without issue.

    Im pretty sure it was only the copper chest upgrade as well. Mostly I jump straight from wooden to iron then gold or diamond.
    Yeah I usually do that but I was just testing in creative with nei to see if stuff works. I don't want to get half way into a world and find out that something major is broke or missing.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    Yeah I usually do that but I was just testing in creative with nei to see if stuff works. I don't want to get half way into a world and find out that something major is broke or missing.
    I dont think its a major concern, when its happened on my server its not caused an issue, and ive seen the same for others.

    Best bet, backup your world often. I do this a couple of times a day, even when doing ssp. Same reason, ive played for weeks on end and then had a corrupt world that had no backups - you only do it once.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •