Technic seems the way to go for a community since FTB is FTB. I glanced over how to make your own modpack and host it somewhere so friends can just click to update when you update the server. I use MultiMC but update mods myself from here and constantly checking other places and it gets old checking everywhere for all the mods.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iTraumatik View Post
    I totally agree. Im using your configs with other mods. My pack is up to 231 mods, i call it a Fuzzie Mad Monster.... lol :P

A source of MC mods ... hmmm Cool ur making a pack on the Tekkit launcher that will update our clients when you update yours ??? JK im in a mood and started drinking a bit ago.

Oh one of the curse ppl said 6+ months for full forge mods with options on the launcher , dont know what that meant
    I would do this as a pack in a second if I didn't have to deal with permission bullshit. I still think there is a place for a list. No one modpack is gonna have what you want so why not make a config pack that includes almost everything and then supply the download links. This way you can pick and choose.

If you wanna share with others then zip your mods and config folder and go

Thats why we use multimc little easier on some of them. Not many of us doing it. I dont understand why ppl use the DW20 pak becuase they could use monster and just learn the other mods whenever. I would hate having a gimped product knowing there is so much more to play with out there. Now the mad pack makes sense to have it out there since its more hardcore pack but has a lot of mods. I get on zeeks server every now and then and still miss some things from my single player instance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats why we use multimc little easier on some of them. Not many of us doing it. I dont understand why ppl use the DW20 pak becuase they could use monster and just learn the other mods whenever. I would hate having a gimped product knowing there is so much more to play with out there. Now the mad pack makes sense to have it out there since its more hardcore pack but has a lot of mods. I get on zeeks server every now and then and still miss some things from my single player instance.
    I think having something like the DW20 pack is good for introducing players to mods.

If you put a pack out with 200 mods then a new user isn't going to have a clue where to begin. DW's pack along with his LP is a great way to start modding. Still I worry that because of his popularity that players aren't exposed to anything else. Direwolf is very reluctant to talk about anything new. Basically unless the mod goes on to Forgecraft it may as well not exist. He's friends with too many modders and is too afraid to break away from what they're putting out.

Will be interesting going forward since so many of his friends say they're done modding.

I use to watch his vids from a long time ago, but crap you can only watch him do the same thing over once or twice. They have their little "click" and thats what anybody would present to others to use and thats ok. Redpower was one of the biggest mods out there and was "closed source" bla bla, but we got project red with the help of chickenbones n the dev. So im sure some one else will step in if mojang quits pushing like they are.

Not sure of the rules since the pack I use is "private" if someone wants the link to grab the modpack or check out the server drop me a line. My understanding is since it's a "private" pack I can't just post the link out in the open. If fuzzie says it's ok I'll post it but I think I'm about to erase the server and build a new mod pack for my family, I kind of hate two of the mods, The warp mod and special armor. One makes it WAY to easy to get around LARGE distances and the other makes over power armor a jet pack for 3 gunpowder and 15? iron bars plus flame plate with a bucket of lava, flint-n-steel, and 4 iron bars. I like mystcraft links books.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use to watch his vids from a long time ago, but crap you can only watch him do the same thing over once or twice. They have their little "click" and thats what anybody would present to others to use and thats ok. Redpower was one of the biggest mods out there and was "closed source" bla bla, but we got project red with the help of chickenbones n the dev. So im sure some one else will step in if mojang quits pushing like they are.
    Well, the Redpower example is a good one. Redpower went away and less than 6 months later we had 2-3 replacements.

Nothing is sacred. Times change quickly. I recently commented that most of the best mods available now weren't even a thing 6 months ago. Old mod authors seem to be stuck in their own world where what they made 8 months ago carries credit now. It does in the sense that they paved the path, but resting on your laurels doesn't work for long. Mods like IC2, Buildcraft, Railcraft etc need to realize that the wow factor of what they provided 18 months ago has worn off. It's not that it's no longer good, it's just that it's been done again and again, often better.

I feel like the big project mod should be abandoned. Things like those mentioned above. Instead, things like Ender IO that focus on a few concepts seem to work great. Gone are the days where you should expect your mod to be the only mod installed. This is a mindset of pre-forge modded MC.

The best course of action seems to be making a mod that compliments others while introducing new ideas. MC doesn't need a 15th power system or a new sorting scheme... Bringing something new and fresh that expands on long held ideas is a good start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsaffle13 View Post
    Not sure of the rules since the pack I use is "private" if someone wants the link to grab the modpack or check out the server drop me a line. My understanding is since it's a "private" pack I can't just post the link out in the open. If fuzzie says it's ok I'll post it but I think I'm about to erase the server and build a new mod pack for my family, I kind of hate two of the mods, The warp mod and special armor. One makes it WAY to easy to get around LARGE distances and the other makes over power armor a jet pack for 3 gunpowder and 15? iron bars plus flame plate with a bucket of lava, flint-n-steel, and 4 iron bars. I like mystcraft links books.
    The responsibility is on you. By in large most mod authors are okay with packs now since the majority or mod users are using packs. Some stubborn mod devs still think that they're special and want special treatment. Things like Railcraft and Thaumcraft mostly...

I wouldn't worry too much really though. Their claims have always been a grey area imo. Not gonna get into that debate though.

I spent some time looking at rise, overload, monster, and a few others and I guess I'm just spoiled with building my own pack. gonna go back to the OP use most of them add decocraft and jammy furniture, remove the warp mod and special armor. I spent to much time building a texture pack and just not gonna ditch it and start over.

All the ones I looked at have old versions of mods and I like having the newest versions Fuzzie, Skedone, and greevir have ruined me for packs that have not caught up LOL

I used to use a mod called bukkitforge so my wife could have her home and back commands. I was using The warp mod for her to do it but it is very buggy and she would die in a wall or even her bed at times. I don't know how (if there is) a way to run forge with bukkit for 1.6.4.
    Does anyone have a fix or way to do this?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...-forge-server/

?
    Last edited by jasonsaffle13; 2014-01-25 at 02:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast...ds_modders_to/

It's about time Mojang steps in on the whole mod permissions bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post

It's about time Mojang steps in on the whole mod permissions bullshit.

I hope that's the end of it. I expect to see a few more mod authors drop off now but in the long run I think this will make it easier. Though I think the whole curse/forge thing pushed it to this. So maybe at least one good thing so far has come from them teaming up hope the price tag for it will not be to high in the end though.

This is a good read too:
    https://twitter.com/Marc_IRL/status/413770002412498946
    Last edited by jasonsaffle13; 2014-01-25 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Small, somewhat incoherant (i'm a bit medicated atm) rant about the current "drama" in the modding community.

Enough. Thats how I feel about drama in the minecraft community at this point. Just enough already. It's really at the point where I don't care who is right and who is wrong anymore. I just want it ended. If Mojang feels this is best done by simply not allowing closed source mods, then so be it. I respect the modders, (well some, some modders like CJ I do not). I understand that their mod is their "baby" and they want to keep it protected. I get that, I really do. But the modding community is horrible right now. There are such drastic opposing views on how things should be and Mojang hasn't been much help in stating how it should be.

Should modders be allowed to do whatever they want in regards to modding minecraft? Should they be allowed to crash your game if they simply don't like your name? I don't know the answers to these questions and frankly, at this point, I don't give a shit. In my personal pack I play what I want how I want. If a modder has an issue with that, I remove their mod. Why is this such a difficult concept to understand? Too many players demand that mods change to fit their playstyles. Why? If it doesn't fit, don't fucking use it. Modders want to restrict who uses their mod for what purpose. Don't release it to the public then. It's quite simple.

Modding used to be about fun. Now it seems to be about who's better than who, power trips, internet "fame", and adfly links. It almost makes me not want to touch modded minecraft again, but I love this dysfunctional community too much to do so.

Wooo, open source everything.

So EULA states that if devs dont want their mod modded or changed by someone else they shouldnt release it out to the world. Period. But the US copyright states anything that is made public, documented , (basically any mod thats out there and people can look it up and use it)it is copyrighted to that person. But since the copyrighted "work" is based on another copyrighted work with EULA then the devs cant claim copyright. If i got it right. Then by the laws anybody can use or modify them. ?!?
    Not trying to start anything just getting an understanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Damm..... reddit thread....

"[–]MikeemooOpenMods Dev 26 points 3 hours ago

The attitude shown in this thread is more than enough reason for me to say goodbye to modding. 18 people upvoting comments insulting the modders code, 19 people upvoting someone calling a modder of piece of shit.

People don't seem to realise that they get this shit for free.

I hand OpenMods in the hands of the remainder of the team to update if they wish. I'm out.
    "
    His mods arent adfly/monetized thru ads/website trackers so he can say that but most devs are getting some kind of money thru ads and now thru curse...

Update on EULA clarification - Decided to ask Marc what "content" meant in terms of that section of the EULA. Yes it includes mods.

Enzer@EnzerDeLeo "Content" refers to resource packs,adventure maps, mods, ect. correct ?

Marc Watson@Marc_IRL twitter - "Yes......"
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-01-25 at 08:28 PM.

I can't seem to get forge multipart to install correctly. Whenever I install it it gets moved to my 1.6.4 folder and the game can't access it. Any suggestions?

ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-x.x.x.xxx should be in .minecraft/mods/1.6.4 folder from the get go. Not somewhere else.
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-01-25 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    Sad day for modded minecraft indeed. At least KingLemming, Mikemoo, Pahimar and CPW and leaving modding completely, mDiyo is probably stepping down as well from modding. It's a shame to see one unclear tweet from Mojang employee start a flamewar like this. =/

To catch up with stuff:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast...nity_so_toxic/

This stuff has been started a while ago, just like cpw said this is another nail in the coffin. We knew a while back KL was either leaving or taking a break after this 2x update, Pahimar was sudden but not expected and announced on slows stream, Mikemoo was the most sudden.

Thermal Expansion GUI and Open Blocks are open source and no biggie and probably get updated. CPW was at the core making these mods work so with him gone hope we can get someone to replace him that is just as good or better. Also thought Mdiyo was a given that he quit. My opinion with him , cya , no tears made there. Just my opinion and nothing else.
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-01-26 at 06:31 PM.

Been playing the Resonant Rise mod pack with a few of my own additions and its loads of fun. Keeping mods up to date using Fuzzzie's list of course ;P

Deleted
    Yay more starbound mods inbound lol also u know mdiyo stepped down ages ago lol

Shit really did hit the fan on Reddit... I hope CPW doesn't really mean he's quitting or we'll stay in 1.6.4 for a while...

15+ Year Old Account
    1.6.4 Updates!

• Forge (1.7.2) Updated
    • Forge Multipart Updated
    • Advanced Thaumaturgy Updated
    • Ars Magica 2 Updated
    • Carpenter Blocks Updated
    • Dimensional Doors Updated
    • Extra Cells Updated
    • Factorization Updated
    • Advanced Machines Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Mekanism Updated
    • OpenBlocks Updated
    • Steve's Factory Manager Updated
    • Thaumic Tinkerer Updated
    • IC2 Experimental Updated
    • Compact Solars Updated
    • Big Reactors Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • OpenPeripherals+Addons Updated
    • NEI Addons Updated

Plenty of updates today! I guess that's what happens when you take 4 days off doing it

The config release for this round of updates wont be available until tomorrow, possibly Tuesday due to Laguy442 being out of town. If you rely on our configs then hold off on updating for now.