Page 6 of 374 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! I enjoy doing it.

Updates for today!

• Forge has received an important update.
    • Added the Valve Pipe mod to work with Buildcraft.
    • Forestry has been updated to release version.
    • ExtraBees has a development version available.
    • Factorization has been updated to 1.4.5
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects may have a 1.4.5 release. A new build was just put up an hour ago and I have yet to test it. If you blackscreen, remove it. More details to follow.
    • Additional Pipes has a new version with a minor fix.
    • ExtrabiomesXL also received a small update.
    • Iron Chests 2 has been updated as well
    • NEI Plugin Pack has been added. See below for details.

mistaqur has released the NEI plugin pack for this version. This includes all the NEI plugins that we've been used to from previous installs but this time, all in one mod file! This includes plugins for Buildcraft, IC2, Forestry, Railcraft as well as a Forge ore and liquid dictionary type thing that I haven't tried yet. You still need to download the separate plugin for redpower2 when that becomes available (hopefully soon).

That will do it for now.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thecraftflo View Post
    FACTORIZATION is out now for 1.4.5
    Patience young Jedi! The updates just finished

Deleted
    FACTORIZATION is out now for 1.4.5

www . minecraftforum.net/topic/1351802-145-factorization-073-polished/

PS: I'm not allowed to post links so I'd made a space after www
    Here, let me get that for you sir... http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...-073-polished/

Deleted
    wow, you in proved this thread a lot

you know the Feed The Beast launcher? I think that's a really good launcher, much better than Tekkit It also keeps up to date
    but I wanted to know or you can use it in your regular Minecraft, all the mods off FTB I mean (all in one file , easy install?) or is there only the launcher?

15+ Year Old Account
    A few additions today!

Added Advanced Solar Panels
    Added Twilight Forest.
    Added CameraCraft

For more variety. Advanced Solar Panels is amazing.

Updates:

Additional BC Objects updated
    Steves Carts 2 updated. Minor Bug Fix.
    NEI Plugins Updated

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Articus1000 View Post

you know the Feed The Beast launcher? I think that's a really good launcher, much better than Tekkit It also keeps up to date
    but I wanted to know or you can use it in your regular Minecraft, all the mods off FTB I mean (all in one file , easy install?) or is there only the launcher?
    Thanks! I'm aware of the FTB pack. Check the FTB thread in this forum. I even did a spotlight for it! Hopefully it updates for 1.4.5 soon

Fuzzie, another mod you might want to check out is 'Gregs Lighting'
    Its a simple mod that just adds an IC spotlight that uses EU. Pretty sure that its made by a different guy to 'Greg Tech'

Its quite a popular mod, but likely to be superseded by the wrath light in Thermal Expansion, still its my preference.
    Last edited by wildemagic; 2012-11-24 at 12:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemagic View Post
    Ive copied many of the FTB mods right from the mod folder where ftb is installed. For example, the gravisuite mod was more up to date when FTB launched. All you have to do is copy the zip files from the mod folder into your alternative minecraft installation under the mod folder, should work fine that way.
    Yep, this is true. The whole installation is there for you to play around with. You can copy things in and out. FTB is only for 1.4.2 though so if you're using 1.4.5 then you cant do that yet. Gravitation Suite is still on 1.4.2 last time I checked too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Articus1000 View Post

Not sure if you realise, but it's really easy to add even more mods to the FTB pack. Check out the options on the launcher, you just need to check if the mod is a "jar mod" or "core mod" before you install it. If it is, install it in the correct tab for jar/core, if not just put it in the 3rd tab with all the generic mods and you are away.

It's possible to add Optifine in this way, for example, by installing it in the "jar mod" section

Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    It's possible to add Optifine in this way, for example, by installing it in the "jar mod" section
    There was a reason they removed optifine, was it Thermal expansion or something was missing items when optifine was installed, cant remember exactly, but i do remember Slo commenting on it in one of the live streams.

15+ Year Old Account
    Today's Updates.

Not a lot to report. I'm guessing because of the holiday.

• Extra Bees Updated
    • ExtrabiomesXL updated

I'll keep an eye out today for more.

Deleted
    Hey!
    Another really great mod is "The Laser Mod"
    The mod is out for 1.4.4 but only in ALPHA/BETA version.

You can test it. I think it's a really cool mod.

www . minecraftforum.net/topic/1568979-144forge-the-laser-mod-v01-alpha/

QUOTE:
    "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

So sorry, it's not a link :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey!
    Another really great mod is "The Laser Mod"
    The mod is out for 1.4.4 but only in ALPHA/BETA version.

You can test it. I think it's a really cool mod.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...mod-v01-alpha/

QUOTE:
    "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

So sorry, it's not a link :S
    Looks good. I remember this from 1.2.5. I'll give it a try and make sure it works before adding it to the list. Thanks!
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-11-24 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    There was a reason they removed optifine, was it Thermal expansion or something was missing items when optifine was installed, cant remember exactly, but i do remember Slo commenting on it in one of the live streams.
    Yeah, that wasn't my point, more that Optifine is an example of a MOD that usually needs to go into the minecraft.jar.

Yeah, that wasn't my point, more that Optifine is an example of a MOD that usually needs to go into the minecraft.jar.
    Sorry, I didnt mean it as a statement, more of a question.

15+ Year Old Account
    More Updates and Important news!

• Forge Updated
    • CodeChickenCore Updated
    • NEI Updated* (See below)
    • Equivelant Exchange 3 has an unofficial pre-release version
    • Extra Bees Updated
    • Steves Carts 2 Updated
    • Advanced Solar Panels Updated
    • Gravitation Suite Updated

The NEI update will break NEI plugins that you may have installed including the mistaqur plugin pack that I have linked here. They will need to be updated before they can be used again. I recommend holding off on updating to this NEI until that can be fixed. Quoted from Chickenbones:

"Warning, latest NEI breaks many plugins, they will need to recompile. If you get NoSuchMethodError with RecipeTransferRect in your crash log. Notify the devs and revert to 1.4.2.7"

If you try it and i fails for you, you can get the previous version here.

The Equivelant Exchange 3 I posted is not an official release. It was compiled from Pahimar's own source code for 1.4.5 but hasn't been released yet. Pahimar says he plans to release it by the end of this weekend so I'll update the link with the official version when it's out.

Now on to the news. I have successfully installed and tested (to the loading screen) all the mods on the list (with the exception of Wireless Redstone as it's Redpower 2 dependent). The config files have been created and they solve over 50 blockID conflicts that cropped up in my installation. You can download them here or in the OP. They will be updated when I feel it's necessary. I have not disabled extra tin/copper ores from generating from various mods, nor have I tinkered with any recipes. Those sorts of things may come later down the road, but for now you'll have to tackle that yourself. Each mods thread or website will likely contain the information you need but often simply opening the config file and poking around will be enough.

As far as the installation went it was smooth. I installed them all alphabetically like you see on the list with the exception of Buildcraft, Additional Buildcraft Objects, Additional Pipes, Logistics Pipes and Valve Pipe which I installed all together at the very beginning. The reason for this is because the mods are dependent on Buildcraft so getting that out of the way first seemed like a good idea. You may also want to install Forestry before Extra Bees if you're going the alphabetical route like I did.

Beyond that everything went very smooth. Solving the blockID conflicts took a bit of doing. Anyways, enjoy!
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-11-25 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Solving the blockID conflicts took a bit of doing. Anyways, enjoy!
    I had a similarly large list of mods on 1.3.2.

The first time I installed the mods one at a time and eventually minecraft failed to start because of block ID conflicts after about 30 mods.
    At first I assumed it was an issue with mod compatibility (being a technic user I had no manual mod experience)

When it came time to switch to 1.4.2 (after seeing your great list here) I did the same thing, eventually having block ID conflicts.
    What I ended up doing was installing all the mods one by one, then when i had a block ID conflict I would delete the config files from both conflicting mods.

I would then restart minecraft and it usually sorted itself out.

I assumed forge was semi smart and would auto assign IDs. Was this a fluke ? or is it by design ? Im a bit confused now as I have seen alot of ppl post about having to edit the block IDs to make things work together, and yet each time i get the issue, deleting the config of both mods has fixed it.

15+ Year Old Account
    When it came time to switch to 1.4.2 (after seeing your great list here) I did the same thing, eventually having block ID conflicts.
    What I ended up doing was installing all the mods one by one, then when i had a block ID conflict I would delete the config files from both conflicting mods.

I would then restart minecraft and it usually sorted itself out.

I assumed forge was semi smart and would auto assign IDs. Was this a fluke ? or is it by design ? Im a bit confused now as I have seen alot of ppl post about having to edit the block IDs to make things work together, and yet each time i get the issue, deleting the config of both mods has fixed it.
    The way I've done mod installation is one-by-one.

I install a mod, run the game, if it crashes I edit configs. I go through this process one-by-one until everything works. I do group some mods together like buildcraft for example.

If you want to use my config files, it solves your blockID conflicts.

So if you're doing it by installing the whole lot all at once you're going to run into excessive problems. When I do it one-by-one its easy to resolve conflicts. I'm going to do a video very soon about this install. I hope you watch

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    The way I've done mod installation is one-by-one.

I install a mod, run the game, if it crashes I edit configs. I go through this process one-by-one until everything works. I do group some mods together like buildcraft for example.

If you want to use my config files, it solves your blockID conflicts.

So if you're doing it by installing the whole lot all at once you're going to run into excessive problems. When I do it one-by-one its easy to resolve conflicts. I'm going to do a video very soon about this install. I hope you watch

I understand what your saying, I do it the same way, one mod at a time, that way when something goes awry you know its the last installed mod.

What I was suggesting is that forge seems to resolve ID conflicts for me if I delete the configs of the two conflicting mods and then restart minecraft.

I have 37 mods and no ID conflicts without editing a single config. (1.4.2)

Ive watched Mattabase with over 100 installed mods spend more time editing configs than actually playing.

Just though my suggestion might save a bit of time and headache.
    Last edited by wildemagic; 2012-11-26 at 08:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    Sorry, I didnt mean it as a statement, more of a question.
    In which case I'm not 100% sure, I must have read over that. Optifine seemed to function OK with FTB on MC 1.4.4 for me at least.

One thing I can say is that with a 1.4.5 vanilla install on my old Dell Studio desktop (Core Duo Quad, 4gb ram, old 1gb nVidia) running Magic Launcher, Forge, Optifine, CCC/NEI and Rei's MMap... Optifine seemed to be causing issues with the graphics engine. I was playing a LAN game with my son at the weekend, and every time I pressed a redstone switch or walked over a pressure plate on my laptop, random chunks of like 10-30 blocks would disappear on his screen until I walked into his field of view. It was a very odd behaviour to troubleshoot but disabling Optifine seemed to make the problem go away. The issue only occurred on the LAN game and was fine before he opened to LAN.

Maybe there is a fundamental issue with Optifine on 1.4.5 on some setups.

Maybe there is a fundamental issue with Optifine on 1.4.5 on some setups.
    There must be something to it. I doubt that the FTB crew would not include it unless there was some issue.
    I did a bit google foo and all i could find were general issues and no real information regarding optifine.

Perhaps as its a performance boost mod it was left optional, as its not actually required for 'modded' gameplay.
    Still, I didnt really pay attention to what the issue was and only remember it vaguely being mentioned in a live stream from one of the forgecraft players.

Personally I run optifine as my machine is min spec, so it makes all the difference to my performance.
    I also force minecraft to use less memory (256-512) and that also makes alot less lag and load spiking.

I found the best performance boost for me was to run a local server and login smp with a client, that way at least the load was spread over multiple cpu cores (ive got a 2.3ghz i5). Thats the best performance boost for me, as I do alot of factory builds, and entities being processed by the server on one core and my client pretty much just doing rendering on the other makes all the difference.

Optifine is just the icing on the cake then.
    Last edited by wildemagic; 2012-11-26 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    Personally I run optifine as my machine is min spec, so it makes all the difference to my performance.
    I also force minecraft to use less memory (256-512) and that also makes alot less lag and load spiking.
    I just like the extra options it gives to be honest, the performance boost is just an incredible bonus. I'd hate to play without my beloved Sphax pack these days :P

I found the best performance boost for me was to run a local server and login smp with a client, that way at least the load was spread over multiple cpu cores (ive got a 2.3ghz i5).
    Interesting. On my i7 I've only ever noticed a reduction in performance when running a server plus client, I'll have to mess around with a few setups.