Deleted
    Hi everyone! I'ts me again!
    I just updated all the mods and minecraft doesn't seem to start again -.-" I already did some tries moving the mods that could possibly conflict with each other ie arsmagica and ue, but with no results. It also has to be noticed that i added some mods i like, which are the thor mod 2 by thor597 and the mods based on powercrystalcore (ie netherores, power converters and minefactory), running them normally on the previous modpack version i used.

Anyway, here's the forge report on pastebin
    http://pastebin.com/QKZyFwe5

Hope someone can help me Regards!

Note: if someone wants to use the thor mod 2 while using also XLextrabiomes, he has got to change some biomes ID of this last one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trayus View Post
    Hi everyone! I'ts me again!
    I just updated all the mods and minecraft doesn't seem to start again -.-" I already did some tries moving the mods that could possibly conflict with each other ie arsmagica and ue, but with no results. It also has to be noticed that i added some mods i like, which are the thor mod 2 by thor597 and the mods based on powercrystalcore (ie netherores, power converters and minefactory), running them normally on the previous modpack version i used.

Anyway, here's the forge report on pastebin
    http://pastebin.com/QKZyFwe5

Hope someone can help me Regards!

Note: if someone wants to use the thor mod 2 while using also XLextrabiomes, he has got to change some biomes ID of this last one.
    Looks like you didn't install the manager pack that Clay Soldiers requires.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkalone View Post
    Is Defense Plus link broken or just not available?
    Yeah, I left it removed because the version that was up on the Universal Electricity site was for a very early development version that would likely not work. I'll update that link when I have a release version available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Looks like you didn't install the manager pack that Clay Soldiers requires.
    Ok, i solved this problem, but is there any chance to get tthe universal electricity mods together with the other mods? They costantly cause crashes because of the IDs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trayus View Post
    Ok, i solved this problem, but is there any chance to get tthe universal electricity mods together with the other mods? They costantly cause crashes because of the IDs...
    You'll need to go through the crash logs to see what items are conflicting and change them in the configs till it works. It can be a tedious process.

I can never tell which mods have been updated on Fuzzie's list.
    I always seem to miss some searching through the thread.
    So I wrote this program to track them for me.

http://pastebin.com/qCETbqb5

Once you get to paste bin, copy my entire post into Wordpad. Don't use Notepad, it's messes with what is typed and will mess up the program source code. In Wordpad save the new file as minecraft_fuz_mod_ver.pl. ".pl" is the extension for the Perl computer language. Don't save it with the ".txt" extension.

But you can't run my program or script without installing PERL. You can download it for free. Just search for "ActivePerl Download". The first one that comes in Bing will do. For Windows you want the Windows Installer (Msi). Strawberry Perl is another Perl for Windows. A Linux Perl would be ok too.

Sample Log:

Reading modlist_2013.02.16_09.10.02.txt
    Reading A Guide to Modding Minecraft.htm
    Forge - new version
    Optifine - new version
    CodeChickenCore - new version
    Misc Peripherals (CC) - new version
    NotEnoughItems - new version
    TreeCapitator - new version
    ArmorStatus HUD - new version
    Ars Magica - new version
    Chicken Chunks - new version
    CoFH Core - new version
    Enchanting Plus - new version
    EnderStorage - new version
    Extra Bees - new version
    IndustrialCraft 2 - new version
    Iron Chests 2 - new version
    Logistics Pipes - new version
    OmniTools - new version
    Railcraft - new version
    StatusEffect HUD - new version
    Steve's Carts 2 - new version
    ThaumicBees - new version
    Thermal Expansion 2 - new version
    Twilight Forest - new version
    XyCraft - new version
    CompactSolars - new version
    Gregtech-Addons - new version
    Wireless Redstone Core - new version
    Wireless Redstone Addons - new version
    Wireless Redstone Redpower - new version
    Basic Components - new version
    Assembly Line - new version
    Atomic Science - new version
    Fluid Mechanics - new version
    ICBM Explosion - new version
    ICBM Contraption - new version
    ICBM Sentry - new version
    Mekanism - new version
    Mekanism Generators - new version
    Mekanism Tools - new version
    Modular Powersuits - new version
    SyntaCraft - new version
    NEI Redpower2 Plugin - new version
    Millénaire - new version
    old count = 88
    new count = 88
    diff count = 46

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow! That is amazing! Thank you for posting

Ya, it's very handy, but there are so many updates. I don't know how you keep up. I only update every few weeks. If I could just figure how to get a program to download the changes for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFarmerJoe View Post
    Ya, it's very handy, but there are so many updates. I don't know how you keep up. I only update every few weeks. If I could just figure how to get a program to download the changes for me.
    I've gotten doing the updates down to about 15-20 mins a day. I also follow most of the authors on twitter so that helps. Everything is bookmarked and I know exactly where to go to find the changelogs and new version info. That said, I don't do updates every single day. It depends on my mood and what comes out. I'll probably do one late tonight since there are a few that I know of.

Either way, awesome script! Does it need to be updated if I add a new mod to the list or does it just read from the list itself?

It creates a new data file each time you run it. So after you have updated your mods, you need to edit the script to change it to use the new data file as the old file. I was thinking of having it use the last one, since they are date time stamped. You would just have to delete any latest data files you didn't want it to pay attention to.

It will mark a new mod that it has no history of as a new version. It is just comparing the version numbers to see if they are different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFarmerJoe View Post
    It creates a new data file each time you run it. So after you have updated your mods, you need to edit the script to change it to use the new data file as the old file. I was thinking of having it use the last one, since they are date time stamped. You would just have to delete any latest data files you didn't want it to pay attention to.

It will mark a new mod that it has no history of as a new version. It is just comparing the version numbers to see if they are different.
    Cool. Definitely something people should use Thanks very much!!

-----

Speaking of updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Thermal Expansion Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • OmniTools Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated

Steve's Cart's adds something called a "Creative Engine". Cookie to the first one to post a screenshot of it in action!

Deleted
    latest forge and ic2 has fixed my slow load up it was spamming a error log like mad, a 150mb error log file in my instance folder was made at same time as game loading lol

Anyone know if the transformers mod or ic2-bc conversion mods work with the new IC2 or not?

Deleted
    have u seen this mod mate its looking very nice so far its still alpha/beta but shows a lot of promise

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...istics-rv-8-b/

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 08:43 AM ----------

ant help you there mate i never use them now days the mods norm have a crossover engine or alike

also this looks like it might be fun to
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...250-downloads/
    Last edited by mmocf27294aad4; 2013-02-25 at 08:46 AM.

You know how every now and then you find a mod and get that "Wow! That's kinda cool!" feeling? I got one this morning. This was just posted on MCF four and a half hours ago. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1705322-147-boxes/
    Think it'll make your list of "to check outs," Fuzzie?

Deleted
    oh i will give you that boxes mod like good like the graphics too

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    latest forge and ic2 has fixed my slow load up it was spamming a error log like mad, a 150mb error log file in my instance folder was made at same time as game loading lol
    The latest IC2 is a development version. If all else fails you can fall back to the public beta version.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    Anyone know if the transformers mod or ic2-bc conversion mods work with the new IC2 or not?
    Not sure. I've been using Transformers fine with the latest IC2. BC-IC2 Crossover is a leftover from when the Transformers mod hadn't updated in a long time. I prefer transformers over it.

----

I've taken a little time and looked at a few mods from my backlog of things to add.

• Added Applied Energistics
    • Added Custom Ore Generation

There's still more to come. I just have to do some reading about them. I'm not going to be adding the Epic Siege Mod as it's far too destructive for a largely tech mod list. Also not adding Obsidian Pressure Plates as it's a "FTB Exclusive" and I don't want those people up my ass.

I've added the two new suggestions back on the list. I may add more today. I may remove some :P

I'm actually working on configuring Universal Electricty to work with the modpack. It has to be tested first.

Also, updates a little later today. Waiting to see what all updates this morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Applied Energistics looks like it would be fun (and a good fit for our server)! Custom Ore Gen is one I'd be apprehensive about, especially when running a server. I hate dealing with world gen at all. I hate to have a world going, everyone gets set up nicely just to realize that Redstone isn't generating for some reason or diamonds are generating at the rate of sand.... Also, take a look at BiblioCraft. Not really a tech mod, but one that offers nice "neat freak" stuff to help keep things organized!

15+ Year Old Account
    • Added Bibliocraft

• Forge Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Xycraft Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated

Xycraft update should fix the extremely long wait/crashes that happen when starting new worlds. about to test it. Added Bibliocraft too. Looks good. I still may be adding more, just need to do testing.

Deleted
    glass viewers yippe and kewl u liked one of my suggestions makes a change i seem to like the obscure and unloved oh buy the way there is a config error now due to new block id with glass viewers had to change its block id 1262
    Last edited by mmocf27294aad4; 2013-02-25 at 06:15 PM.