Page 4 of 374 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Fuzzzie, what made you pick NEI over TMI for inventory editing?
    NEI has a number of pluggins that use info from various mods to help the player along. For instance, the IC2 pluggin will show the potential EU gain for a given item. Forestry will show the thermionic fabricator recipes etc.

Also, it comes down to me getting really into Forge modding and Forge personalities. They all use NEI so I've since been using NEI exclusively. There is nothing wrong with choosing either imo. It's a matter of preference maybe. NEI is made by Chickenbones who does a lot of other mods that I really love and respect. Keeping up with what he does is just easy.

In the future, this thread will include other mods such as TMI. I'm totally for making a more comprehensive list. Right now the list is mods i'm playing. It's been easy to maintain that way. If the thread gets more support and such, i'll keep up with a lot more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay! Lots to get to today.

First and most importantly. I've tracked a major bug/crash with using Additional Buildcraft Objects. I have since removed it from my installation and and struck out the download link. I suggest anyone who has installed this version to do the same.

Updates!

Buildcraft 3.1.8.4 new build is released. Not sure the source but it's working and is compiled off the latest github information. Still no word on an official release.
    Steves carts 2.0.0.a22 has been updated.
    CodeChickenCore 0.6.6.2 has been updated. Remember this goes in your coremods folder and not the mods folder.
    Enderstorage 1.2.1.4 has been updated.
    Gregs Lighting 1.6.2 has been updated.
    Added Extra Bees 1.4.1.10 for Forestry. Adds additional bees for you to use and research.

Also, I have begun an additional mods section of the OP. It contains mods that I'm not currently using but that are good and should get some attention. I will be adding more to this list as time goes on. Please note that my config files do not include configs for these mods so if they cause any conflicts you'll have to resolve them on your own or post here and I'll try to help!

A few other bits of news. Redpower 2 is supposedly getting a release very soon. We may be looking at inside a week. This isn't guaranteed and only rumor that I've seen floating around, but people in the know say it's really close.

Also, for those looking ahead to 1.4.4 a few mods are beginning to release versions for that. So far only Forge, Optifine and Mystcraft have available options. It's far too early to start creating a 1.4.4 list so be patient for that.

That's it for now!

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 03:42 AM ----------

Added Millénaire and TooManyItems to the additional mods list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Updated Steve's Cart's to v2.0.0.a23 - This version adds a chunk loading addon that you can plug into carts! Also some other neat additions. Full changelog is always available on the download pages of the official website.

Not a lot else to report. Forge is fully ported for 1.4.4, along with MCP and FML. A few things such as Optifine and Mystcraft also have versions for 1.4.4 available. When MC 1.4.4 is finally released the updates should flood in. It will take me a day or two to get things updated, but the main list for 1.4.2 will remain until everything is fully updated.

I'll add to this post today if I see anything else worth updating.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 05:30 PM ----------

Updated Iron Chests 2 to v4.2.2.138. This will probably be the final update for 1.4.2 as 1.4.4 builds follow this up. If you're interested in the 1.4.4 versions, check here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/IronChests2/

Note that 4.2.2 is for MC 1.4.2 and 4.3.0 is for MC 1.4.4.

Updated Modular Force Field System to v2.2.8.0.14. You may need to generate a new mystcraft age for raw materials.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-11-13 at 07:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    1.4.4 / 1.45 Mod Updates

Here's an ongoing compilation of download links for 1.4.4. Once all the mods have been updated, this list will replace the current 1.4.2 list.

JAR Mods

These mods must be placed within the minecraft.jar file located in your \bin folder of your installation directory. Simply open both archives and copy the contents of the download from one to the other and overwrite all if it prompts you.

Once you have installed these JAR mods. Ensure that your installation is running correctly. You should run Minecraft after copying/installing each mod so that if there is a conflict you know where to resolve it.

Forge v6.4.0.386 by cpw, LexManos - Download - Website
    Optifine 1.4.5_HD_D2 - by sp614x - Download - Thread

Coremods

Minecraft Forge now creates a new folder called /coremods in your minecraft installation directory. These mods formerly went into the 'minecraft.jar' with Forge, but can now be installed by dropping them in this folder.

CodeChickenCore v0.6.8.1 by ChickenBones - Download - Thread
    NotEnoughItems v1.4.2.7 by ChickenBones - Download - Thread

Mods

These mods are placed in the /mods folder in your mincraft installation directory. You do not need to unpack them or do anything to them. Some of these mods require that you modify the config files to solve blockID conflicts. I will provide you with a copy of my config folder that you can use if you want to avoid that. If not, I'll provide a brief description on how to change them yourself.

Iron Chests 2 v4.4.0.171 by cpw - Download - Thread
    ExtraBiomesXL v3.4.0 by Mr. Fiber, ScottKillen - Download - Thread
    EnderStorage v1.2.1.6 by ChickenBones - Download - Thread
    Rei's Minimap v3.2_05 by ReiFNSK - Download - Thread
    Computercraft v1.47 by dan200 - Download - Website
    Railcraft v6.8.0.0 by CovertJaguar - Download - Website
    Mystcraft v0.9.4.05 by XCompWiz - Download - Website
    Inventory Tweaks v1.45 by jimeowan - Download - Thread
    IndustrialCraft 2 v??? by Alblaka, RichardG - Download - Website (Not Yet Available)
    Steve's Carts 2 v2.0.0_a26 by VSWE - Download - Website
    Equivalent Exchange 3 v??? by Pahimar - Download - Thread (Not Yet Available)
    Forestry v1.6.1.10 by SirSengir - Download - Website
    Portalgun v1.4.4v0.1 by iChun - Download - Website
    Buildcraft v3.2.0.0-98be088256 by SirSengir - Download - Website
    CompactSolars v3.1.2.17 by cpw - Download - Thread
    Factorization v??? by neptunepink - Download - Thread (Not Yet Available)
    Advanced Machines v??? by AtomicStryker - Download - Thread (Not Yet Available)
    Greg's Lighting v1.6.3 by Greg_Ewing - Download - Website
    Logistics Pipes v??? by Kraft - Download - Website (Not Yet Available)
    ModularForceFieldSystem v2.2.8.1.4 by Thunderdark - Download - Thread
    Nuclear Control v??? by Shedar - Download - Thread (Not Yet Available)
    Additional Pipes v2.1.3u28 by DaStormbringer - Download - Thread
    Additional Buildcraft Objects v0.9.4.58 by Flow86 - Download - Thread
    Extra Bees v??? by binnie - Download - Website (Not Yet Available)
    Gravity Gun v1.4.4v2 by iChun - Download - Website
    Thermal Expansion v2.0.8 by KingLemmingCoFH - Download - Thread
    Gravitation Suite v??? by SeNtiMeL - Download - Thread (Not Yet Available)

NEI Plugins

These NEI plugins will provide extra functionality, tooltips and recipe information for NEI. They are to be placed in the /mods folder along with the rest of your mods. They will not appear in the ingame mod list like normal mods. All the plugins can be found on this webiste: https://bitbucket.org/mistaqur/nei_plugins/wiki/Home

NEI Buildcraft Plugin v??? by Mistaqur - Download
    NEI IC2 Burn Plugin v??? by Mistaqur - Download
    NEI Railcraft 6.7 Plugin v??? by Mistaqur - Download
    NEI Forestry 1.6.0pre5 Plugin v??? by Mistaqur - Download

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 06:23 AM ----------

Regular 1.4.2 Updates:

Added Gravity Gun mod!
    Updated Buildcraft to version 3.1.8.5

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 12:05 PM ----------

Minecraft 1.4.4 is live.

Added a few more updated mods. Optifine, Forge, and a handful of others.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-11-18 at 11:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 1.4.4 list is up to date as of right now. Work on updates for 1.4.2 are probably done as mods port over to the new MC version. Still a long way to go for a lot of mods. I'll keep the post above as up to date as I can.

Thank you for this, keep it up. I am currently watching your lets play series (on ep. 5) now. You deserve alot more views and subs.
    Last edited by hofmannk; 2012-11-15 at 09:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    Oh, Fuzzie has a let's play huh?

Would it be against the rules to ask for a link to said let's play series, or clues as to how I can track you down on whichever video site you use??

15+ Year Old Account
    haha! here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/fluideight

enjoy. Just giving it a try. Never done something like this before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    haha! here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/fluideight

enjoy. Just giving it a try. Never done something like this before.
    Threw you a sub. Good work on the vids. And thank you so much for keeping up on the 1.4.4 mod updates. Pretty much all the mods I use you have listed there so I don't have to look at each one on the minecraft forums to see if they're updated. (Optifine, Forge, NEI and CCC, Rei's Minimap, and Inv Tweaks.) Only one I use not there is 3d Items. (small mod that just makes items on the ground a 3d object instead of a static texture). Thanks for the updates!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Threw you a sub. Good work on the vids. And thank you so much for keeping up on the 1.4.4 mod updates. Pretty much all the mods I use you have listed there so I don't have to look at each one on the minecraft forums to see if they're updated. (Optifine, Forge, NEI and CCC, Rei's Minimap, and Inv Tweaks.) Only one I use not there is 3d Items. (small mod that just makes items on the ground a 3d object instead of a static texture). Thanks for the updates!
    Thanks for the sub! Also, I'm updating the list every night (usually around midnight est). Keep checking back for more and more updates. Also, I'll look into adding the mod you suggest. Right now the list is mostly just mods I use since it's easier to keep track of that way. There is a 1.4.2 list in the OP that contains additional mods but I havent started that for 1.4.4 yet.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 09:12 PM ----------

Updated Forge, Ironchests 2 and Forestry for 1.4.4. Not a lot else to report.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 01:32 AM ----------

Added 1.4.4 MFFS update

Deleted
    Threw you another sub, not had chance to watch any vids yet (I will sometime today though!) but already I'm impressed with the 40+ minute length. I find a lot of lets play videos are way too short and it almost feels like they are just dragging out the whole process to pad out their channels for more views.

On a side note, given your attitude towards Tekkit, would you ever even consider releasing your collection of mods as a FuzzieMod bundle?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    Threw you another sub, not had chance to watch any vids yet (I will sometime today though!) but already I'm impressed with the 40+ minute length. I find a lot of lets play videos are way too short and it almost feels like they are just dragging out the whole process to pad out their channels for more views.

On a side note, given your attitude towards Tekkit, would you ever even consider releasing your collection of mods as a FuzzieMod bundle?
    Thanks for the sub. I hope you enjoy the videos when you get around to them. I tend to ramble a bit.. sometimes its funny, sometimes its boring.

Anyways, as far as a modpack goes, I doubt it. It would be a lot of work to get all the permissions for one thing and it's also really not necessary. There's nothing wrong with using tekkit, It's just a personal preference of mine. If you want a really good modpack that's super easy to install, has the support of all the mod authors and contains most (if not all) of the mods I use then direct your attention over to http://feed-the-beast.com/ Their mod pack is pretty brilliant, has it's own installer that takes care of everything for you, supports 3rd party mod packs and also supports specially designed custom maps as well as texture packs.

Most of the work I'm doing with this thread is for people who like to do things themselves. I prefer to install my mods by myself. I'm a dying breed in that regard though since things like FTB and Tekkit make it so much easier, along with things like MultiMC and other loaders.

Also, for this thread. Looks like Mojang dropped the ball somewhat on the 1.4.4 patch and a 1.4.5 patch is likely soon. This will set back things a few more days as far as getting everything updated. I suggest sticking with 1.4.2 for now. More info and updates to follow, as usual

Deleted
    Yeah I see your point, my only reason for bringing up the modpack was for the ability to play on a server. While I do enjoy playing solo from time to time, I think playing with a bunch of nice people enhances the game a thousand times over. I've just watched one of the videos in my lunch break and I like what I see so far, I think the collection of mods you are using is close enough to Tekkit for me to be able to use my current techniques without feeling lost, yet it brings just enough new mods (to me) to get me excited about playing again. My worry is that with Minecraft being updated so often at the moment that it would be too time consuming to maintain on my server.

Maybe when Mojang get 1.4.? stable I'll think about compiling a set of server files and see if I can get something stable online based on the contents of this thread, but for now I guess I'll have to leave my Tekkit server as it is.

Deleted
    I have many mods from your list installed.
    I have the items from logistic pipe in the inventory and in the list from Not Enough Items
    BUT
    it doesn't work.
    The provider-pipe doesn't work. Also it doesn't provide.
    Does it works with you?

PS: A small clue:
    - the mod projectBench is a good mod, if redpower isn't installt/compatible yet.

----------------------------------
    Sry. I'm from Austria and my english is not so good *gg*
    But I love your vids and your list of the mods.
    So please ignore my bad english.
    Last edited by mmocfef7048c94; 2012-11-16 at 06:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I see your point, my only reason for bringing up the modpack was for the ability to play on a server. While I do enjoy playing solo from time to time, I think playing with a bunch of nice people enhances the game a thousand times over. I've just watched one of the videos in my lunch break and I like what I see so far, I think the collection of mods you are using is close enough to Tekkit for me to be able to use my current techniques without feeling lost, yet it brings just enough new mods (to me) to get me excited about playing again. My worry is that with Minecraft being updated so often at the moment that it would be too time consuming to maintain on my server.

Maybe when Mojang get 1.4.? stable I'll think about compiling a set of server files and see if I can get something stable online based on the contents of this thread, but for now I guess I'll have to leave my Tekkit server as it is.
    Speaking of updates to MC. 1.4.5 snapshot is now out. Mods are going to be going for 1.4.4. to 1.4.5 in the next few days. Work on the 1.4.4 mod list is now Frozen! Meaning there is no point to continue updating a 1.4.4 list when it wont be around for very long. Hopefully it will settle on 1.4.5 for a few months so people can start enjoying the game. Right now I suggest sticking with 1.4.2 though.

Just installed the FTB pack too btw. I'm probably going to be starting an SMP series once I get the permissions for the server I'll be using. Some good mature people that should lend to a good series.

Quote Originally Posted by thecraftflo View Post
    I have many mods from your list installed.
    I have the items from logistic pipe in the inventory and in the list from Not Enough Items
    BUT
    it doesn't work.
    The provider-pipe doesn't work. Also it doesn't provide.
    Does it works with you?
    The logistics pipes work for me, yes. I cover it in one of my episodes. Are you connecting your system to a power source? New logistics pipes (for everything after 1.2.5) require a special "Logistics Controller" block that has to be connected to either IC2 power or Buildcraft power. It then builds up a LP (Logistics Power) charge that is used for transactions in your system. Without it connected it will not work.

The logistics pipes version on my list isn't Kraft's version either. Kraft is likely re-writing the mod. Since it's open source, someone has grabbed the 1.2.5 code and has been updating/improving upon it. There is no official release technically, but the mod is working for 1.4.2. Here is the Jenkins site where I pull the latest builds from for the unofficial version: http://ci.thezorro266.com/

Edit: More on the logistics power. Place down the controller block, connect it to either buildcraft engines or IC2 power. Then connect a basic logistics pipe to one side of it and connect it via any pipe you wish to the rest of your system. Hope that works out for ya!

Deleted
    Ohh... cool!
    Thank's
    At last, i'd played version 1.0
    Now I'm going to test it.
    Thank you very much for this long description.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Just installed the FTB pack too btw. I'm probably going to be starting an SMP series once I get the permissions for the server I'll be using. Some good mature people that should lend to a good series.
    Weird, I was actually about to start a thread about FTB (Feed the Beast) to let people know it exists. I just got off live chat to my server host and the guy on there was extremely excited about this (http://www.feed-the-beast.com/ for anyone who is interested). I could detect his massive grin even in text format.

I'm about to give it a go for the first time on a local world but I'm almost certain I will be replacing my Tekkit server with this as soon as TC3 is stable. Like I said before I like low-maintainance wherever possible! I'm a senior web developer at the company I work for, I spend at least a few hours every day with my head in other people's code looking for bugs... the last thing I want to do when I get home is more of the same!

If you are serious about doing an SMP I'd be very interested in helping out in some way if you would consider having someone you don't know involved. I have a few skills outside of Minecraft that could perhaps be useful, combined with a somewhat unnatural passion for multiplayer Minecraft. My server only has 2 people playing regularly (myself and by best friend IRL), so I'd even be happy for you to use a fresh install on there if need be (I'm assuming you already have some form of server but I thought I should mention it anyway). It's a very well managed server with ClanHosts(.com), but it's located in the UK, so that could be a potential pitfall for you being so far away I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always been a vanilla Minecraft player but recently I've become interested in some of these mods Fuzzie has been showing off. I may give this FTB a go and see how I enjoy it. Gives me something to do in Minecraft since the server I admin'd for shut down.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are serious about doing an SMP I'd be very interested in helping out in some way if you would consider having someone you don't know involved. I have a few skills outside of Minecraft that could perhaps be useful, combined with a somewhat unnatural passion for multiplayer Minecraft. My server only has 2 people playing regularly (myself and by best friend IRL), so I'd even be happy for you to use a fresh install on there if need be (I'm assuming you already have some form of server but I thought I should mention it anyway). It's a very well managed server with ClanHosts(.com), but it's located in the UK, so that could be a potential pitfall for you being so far away I guess.
    I've already somewhat committed to a friends server and I'm just waiting for all that to go through before joining it. I'm more than happy to swing by yours though and we can give it a go. I've got lots of time in the winter I have FTB installed and ready to go for whenever you want. PM me the details and any teamspeak or skype you have and we can give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I have always been a vanilla Minecraft player but recently I've become interested in some of these mods Fuzzie has been showing off. I may give this FTB a go and see how I enjoy it. Gives me something to do in Minecraft since the server I admin'd for shut down.
    You'll love it. All the new toys you get to play with make MC fun again (at least for me). I'm glad you're going to give it a try. The whole point of this thread was to get people interested in modded MC. I'm happy I may have convinced someone

---

Thread updates: Nothing right now. As far as I'm concerned I'm freezing the updates for 1.4.4 since 1.4.5 is out in beta and is being worked on. Forge for 1.4.5 is ready now and mods should begin work on porting over. Word around the campfire is that its a simple update and many mods shouldn't even have to do anything to be used. Until I have more concrete news on mod updates we'll hold off on posting any more. I recommend sticking with 1.4.2 actually until things are ready.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 06:16 PM ----------

oh... and cpw just tweeted: "Total time from @SeargeDP starting MCP to finishing forge update for 1.4.5: about 90 minutes. Nice All 1.4.4 non-baseedit mods work.. "

thats good news for most mods.