Page 7 of 374 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    I just like the extra options it gives to be honest, the performance boost is just an incredible bonus. I'd hate to play without my beloved Sphax pack these days :P
    Agreed, the increased render distance and multitude of options is awesome.

Interesting. On my i7 I've only ever noticed a reduction in performance when running a server plus client, I'll have to mess around with a few setups.
    Its something I started doing on 1.2.5, perhaps the newest unified 1.3+ is better at handling entities, but still no dual or multicore support (except for chunk loading care of optifine)

The real boost comes with using more than one core on slower machines, as I said im only using a 2.3ghz core, so its pegged at 100% on one core just doing rendering, with a server it pegs one core at a few percent until i get alot of entities, such as lots of items in pipes (logistics) major tree farms (think multiple large jungle trees being felled) or a mining laser (hundreds of blocks on the ground)

Perhaps an i7 is a bit less prone to the overhead of many entities, but im sure that having one core doing all the logistics of world ticks and the other doing rendering has to help, Im just not sure it would be noticeable when your already getting great performance.

My desktop i5 handles things alot better, its 3.1ghz with a 7970 and Ive not had any issues, I mainly play on my notebook i5 @ 2.3ghz with a nv 315 which is borderline with modded minecraft installs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemagic View Post
    Perhaps an i7 is a bit less prone to the overhead of many entities, but im sure that having one core doing all the logistics of world ticks and the other doing rendering has to help, Im just not sure it would be noticeable when your already getting great performance.
    Well actually I've had a few issues. The i7 is a first gen in a laptop, so it's certainly no super-power ordeal. I have noticed a drop in performance (this was on 1.3.x) when running either a server or LAN games with my i7 as the host machine. It's always worth a shot again on the most recent version (1.4.5).

Well actually I've had a few issues. The i7 is a first gen in a laptop, so it's certainly no super-power ordeal. I have noticed a drop in performance (this was on 1.3.x) when running either a server or LAN games with my i7 as the host machine. It's always worth a shot again on the most recent version (1.4.5).
    I run a dedicated server, not the in-game lan. This might be the cause of your performance reduction, im not sure that the 1.3+ versions use separate threads for the server side instance. A dedicated smp server definitely runs as a separate java process being offloaded onto a second core.

For me, the extra load of a modded install is a real impact on my frame rate, having the whole world handled by a separate thread really improves performance.

In 1.2.5 with 40 odd mods and lots of redpower timers and automated buildcraft pipes and ic2 machines I was getting about 10-15fps around the busy areas of my industry, out in the wild I would get about 40fps. Offloading the world to a server instance meant that my framerate stayed at around 30-40fps regardless.

With 1.3+ I dont have an equal comparison, ive always run a server and I dont have redpower doing crazy things like watermills with hundreds of buckets and scores of timers and frame constructions. I can report that logistics pipes seem to be better, less initial lag when ordering big ticket items such as mv and hv arrays which lead to hundreds of items in the pipes.

I cant remember where, but i saw a suggestion not long ago to reduce the memory footprint of java to help out lag. It seems counter productive, but increasing the memory alloted to the java process ends up making things slower for me. I used to run with 512/1024 as my min / max when launching, but I reduced this to 256/512 and i dont get weird lag when doing huge quantum runs.

Also, i used to get crashes to the desktop or main menu after a couple of hours, doing the smp thing stopped that too.
    Last edited by wildemagic; 2012-11-26 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemagic View Post
    I run a dedicated server, not the in-game lan. This might be the cause of your performance reduction
    either a server or LAN games
    Nah I've tried everything to improve my performance. LAN open games did actually perform better than a separate server for me personally in 1.3.x but I can't comment for 1.4.x

I ended up renting a 15 slot Tekkit server for less than £10 a month so for the headache it was causing me this was the easiest solution all round, it also bought a bunch of new options to the table for me and the friends that use it.
    Last edited by mmoc520d33584e; 2012-11-26 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my understanding the reason that Optifine is no longer included in the pack is that FTB hasn't been allowed permission to use Optifine in it's packs.

Edit: Just noticed what thread this is in. Why is this discussion in Fuzzies mod thread?!?!?

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:58 AM ----------

On a realted note, I installed everything you listed in the order listed and the game starts up fine. However, I had to remove Optifine 1.4.5_HD_D3. Apparently it was causing textures to dissapear. (mainly mobs!)
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-11-26 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    From my understanding the reason that Optifine is no longer included in the pack is that FTB hasn't been allowed permission to use Optifine in it's packs.

Edit: Just noticed what thread this is in. Why is this discussion in Fuzzies mod thread?!?!?
    It's just a bunch of replies that stemmed from this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Articus1000 View Post
    wow, you in proved this thread a lot

you know the Feed The Beast launcher? I think that's a really good launcher, much better than Tekkit It also keeps up to date
    but I wanted to know or you can use it in your regular Minecraft, all the mods off FTB I mean (all in one file , easy install?) or is there only the launcher?
    But you have a point... we have a dedicated FTB thread going so lets keep any FTB related talk here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Tekkit-Technic

Yea sorry Fuzzy for derailing the topic a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    On a realted note, I installed everything you listed in the order listed and the game starts up fine. However, I had to remove Optifine 1.4.5_HD_D3. Apparently it was causing textures to dissapear. (mainly mobs!)
    Aaah, is this related to the invisible blocks that only appear when you log out and back into the game ?

15+ Year Old Account
    No worries. Talk about whatever you like

Updates for today.

Equivalent Exchange 3 got it's official 1.4.5 port and was quickly patched to version pre1d. If you got the pre1c or the other link I had up yesterday you should update your client as it was causing crashes with server play.

Not a lot else to report. If I see anything today I'll edit this post to include it.

Deleted
    Sorry for this question but do you know if this all mods are compatible for server?

If you don't know this, it's ok, you must not look in all the pages.

Quote Originally Posted by thecraftflo View Post
    Sorry for this question but do you know if this all mods are compatible for server?

If you don't know this, it's ok, you must not look in all the pages.
    Most are, especially the unified mods, most mods now have a single file that you drop into both the server and clients mod folder.
    All the mods I use for 1.4.2 (most of the list fuzzy has done here) are a simple drop in the folder for both server and client.

Deleted
    cool
    thank's

Hey, I'm getting this error Any suggestions to resolve it?

Deleted
    I had the same problem.
    Then i found out, that one or maybe more mods are outdated.

Do you have all mods from this page?
    Or do you have installed more mods?

TheCraftFlo
    Last edited by mmocfef7048c94; 2012-11-28 at 12:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    IF you're getting that error it means that you installed the wireless redstone mods or the redpower plugin for NEI. You'll have to hold off on installing both of these until Redpower 2 becomes available as they're functionally dependent on it. It's the same as installing logistics pipes without buildcraft or something

Updates to come later today. Pretty sick, haven't looked all morning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Pretty sick, haven't looked all morning.
    Awww get well soon geeza, maybe you need a nurse... with burgers... yeah, get well soon burgers, that's what you need...

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Wireless Redstone Core and Addons Updated. Remember you need Redpower 2 before installing these.
    • Forestry Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Twilight Forest Updated
    • Nuclear Control Updated
    • NEI Plugin Pack Updated **

**With this plugin pack updated, you should be able to use the latest version of NEI now. Also remember not to install the wireless redstone or Redpower 2 NEI plugin unless you have Redpower 2 (which you don't).

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 02:40 PM ----------

Awww get well soon geeza, maybe you need a nurse... with burgers... yeah, get well soon burgers, that's what you need...
    lol! Thanks man

Ok, thanks thecraftflo and Fuzzzie Btw hope you feel better soon Fuzzzie, keep up the good work!

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. I really don't feel much better today. In fact I'm not going to get around to any updates for the day. There are a few, but nothing major. All the links are there if you want to check yourself. I'm gonna try and get more rest.

Registered for this site just to say I appreciate all the work you've put into this. I love it and send it to all my friends who want to check out the modded Minecraft scene.

I was also curious if you have ever checked out the Smart Moving mod. It's one I really enjoy playing with (mainly to just be able to climb up that 2 block height), although with the adjustable speed settings, it makes the quantum suit leg features useless.

Heya Fuzzie... awesome stuff you have here! Makes finding links to the best mods really easy. Thanks for the work you put in to help others, I and many others appreciate it.

Few things though... 1) According to the dev on NEIPlugins (mistaqur) Shes claiming that the latest NEI release 1.4.2.8 is bugged badly and doesn't work with anything. (haven't test it myself yet though), so don't delete 1.4.2.7 to fast. 2) Also I gave you a heads up on the RedPower2 thread about a bad release of Factorization.. thought I'd post here as well... Make sure to re-download the newest fix for 0.7.3. as the first release had a bad crash during world gen.

By the way, did you ever get a chance to check out the IC2 add-on Transformers? In a nut-shell it Converts power between BC and IC2 very nicely. Anyway, keep the updates coming. Cheers mate!
    Last edited by Gecko333; 2012-11-29 at 04:23 AM.