Deleted
    There is a new version for Factorization 0.7.7 and 0.7.4 doesn't work with the new forge build.
    Also great thread keep up the good work

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates for today!

• Forge Updated
    • Extra Bees Updated
    • Factorization Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Thermal Expansion 2 Updated

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wehavecookies56 View Post
    Also great thread keep up the good work
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got this after updating my mods: http://i.imgur.com/j8pmW.png Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I was getting this error when I updated forge except mine was saying Factorization was the problem. Downgrading to Forge 433 fixed it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it when I remove Optifine. Been thinking of getting rid of optifine. Lately I've just been having more problems with it than it's worth....

15+ Year Old Account
    Got the same thing. Update to Forge 443.

On that note...

• Forge Updated!

I don't get it when I remove Optifine. Been thinking of getting rid of optifine. Lately I've just been having more problems with it than it's worth....
    I really love the options Optifine gives me, but I kind of have to agree. It's been the center of so many crashes for me, it might be taken off my list of mods.

Deleted
    Heelo Fuzzzie!!

First of all i will like to thank you for this great tutorial about how to instal and play Minecraft.

Second i want to say that i really enjoy your Minecraft LP i have started to learn a lot of mods thanks to you.

Third and final i will like your help if you can.

I did everything like you write and i have a small problem. In the NEI some of the items dont show up at all and if i try
    to click on them my Minecraft crash.

Any idea why this is happening???

Brgds
    Swiss

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read a lot of this thread a while back, but it has grown substantially since then. I just have a couple of quick questions that someone with experience would be able to answer more efficiently and accurately than I could on my own.

1) Do I have to start a completely new game to utilize any mods/a mod that introduces new items to craft?

2) I'm not looking for something crazy, but just a very polished and bug free mod that adds a little bit more to the crafting system and potential longevity in a survival game. I don't know if some of these mods require there to be different blocks/ore to make them, or how it works really. I saw some steam punk/machine type things that looked highly interesting.

What is a minimal recommendation for some mods to accomplish this?

3) As long as I back up my original files/saves, messing with mods I'm assuming is completely safe...even if I fubar it all up. Yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. You don't HAVE to start a new world. But you won't have access to many of the things that the mods add to the world in the areas you've already explored. (such as new ores, trees, oil wells)
    2. So many things too choose from! Buildcraft (QUARRIES!), IndustrialCraft, Thermal Expansion, Railcraft, Factorization, Forestry. Just to name a few.
    3. As long as you back up your original files (as in your entire minecraft folder) you should be fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swisslad View Post
    I did everything like you write and i have a small problem. In the NEI some of the items dont show up at all and if i try
    to click on them my Minecraft crash.
    Thanks! Can you submit a crash report to pastebin and send me the link?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    3) As long as I back up my original files/saves, messing with mods I'm assuming is completely safe...even if I fubar it all up. Yes?
    With regards to this, even if you totally mess up you can just delete your .minecraft folder and using the launcher download the latest version easily.

Industrial Craft has been updated

[MC 1.4.5] IC² v1.110 SSP/SMP

They recommend Forge 6.4.1.428 and yes, sounds are working again
    Last edited by Tommyk; 2012-12-13 at 03:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyk View Post
    Industrial Craft has been updated

[MC 1.4.5] IC² v1.110 SSP/SMP
    Cool. Finally a release version. I'll get to updates in a little bit

Deleted
    Hi again Fuzzzie,

pastebin.com/2vxsEAgp

the crash that you ask me, i hope it helps.

Thanks for your time.

Brgds
    Swiss

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. You don't HAVE to start a new world. But you won't have access to many of the things that the mods add to the world in the areas you've already explored. (such as new ores, trees, oil wells)
    2. So many things too choose from! Buildcraft (QUARRIES!), IndustrialCraft, Thermal Expansion, Railcraft, Factorization, Forestry. Just to name a few.
    3. As long as you back up your original files (as in your entire minecraft folder) you should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    With regards to this, even if you totally mess up you can just delete your .minecraft folder and using the launcher download the latest version easily.
    Thank you guys for the solid and concise responses!

I just got back into Minecraft, since it's a great game to come and go from, and I really wanted to expand the gameplay. As much as I like my insane rail cart ride of doom into the depths to an abandoned mine shaft filled with spider spawners...I guess I will start from scratch to have more possibilities and things to accomplish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates:

• Forge Updated
    • IndustrialCraft 2 Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Swisslad View Post
    Hi again Fuzzzie,

pastebin.com/2vxsEAgp

the crash that you ask me, i hope it helps.

Thanks for your time.

Brgds
    Swiss
    Looks as if an item from Greg's Lighting is trying to render it's texture on a buildcraft pipe. This is probably due to an item conflict somewhere. I suggest maybe removing Greg's Lighting to see if it fixes it. If it does, take a look at itemID conflicts within the config files of both Builcraft and Greg's Lighting.

Back up your stuff first though. Might also want to submit that report to the dev of gregs lighting. Follow the link in my OP for the thread.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Thank you guys for the solid and concise responses!

I just got back into Minecraft, since it's a great game to come and go from, and I really wanted to expand the gameplay. As much as I like my insane rail cart ride of doom into the depths to an abandoned mine shaft filled with spider spawners...I guess I will start from scratch to have more possibilities and things to accomplish.
    It's always best to start with a fresh install when using mods. If you have any trouble, let us know!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Looks as if an item from Greg's Lighting is trying to render it's texture on a buildcraft pipe. This is probably due to an item conflict somewhere. I suggest maybe removing Greg's Lighting to see if it fixes it. If it does, take a look at itemID conflicts within the config files of both Builcraft and Greg's Lighting.

Back up your stuff first though. Might also want to submit that report to the dev of gregs lighting. Follow the link in my OP for the thread.
    I can add to this and report the same issue. But after having fixed the item-id conflicts I got the same with Cameracraft.

In the end I had to edit both "CameraCraft.cfg" and "GregsLighting.cfg" to get it to work satisfactory, using the configs that Fuzzzie provide. What I did, and seems to work fine without any other conflict is changing the item ids this way:

"GregsLightning" from ##300-##303 to 11300-11303
    "CameraCraft" from ##726-##731 to 29726-29731.

This solved this crash from happening seemingly randomly in NEI and when opening pages of Achievements.

Might take the moment to thank you by the way Fuzzzie, the thread helped me identify a few of the updated mods I had missed was still being updated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHara View Post
    I can add to this and report the same issue. But after having fixed the item-id conflicts I got the same with Cameracraft.

In the end I had to edit both "CameraCraft.cfg" and "GregsLighting.cfg" to get it to work satisfactory, using the configs that Fuzzzie provide. What I did, and seems to work fine without any other conflict is changing the item ids this way:

"GregsLightning" from ##300-##303 to 11300-11303
    "CameraCraft" from ##726-##731 to 29726-29731.

This solved this crash from happening seemingly randomly in NEI and when opening pages of Achievements.

Might take the moment to thank you by the way Fuzzzie, the thread helped me identify a few of the updated mods I had missed was still being updated.
    Cool. I'll make adjustments to the configs and upload new ones later today after testing. Thanks for the support!

Nice that there is an update to IC2, too bad we cant use it until the other iC2 mods get updated, Transformers and GregsTech crash minecraft when the new IC2 is installed complaining about a wrong version of IC2.
    Last edited by hofmannk; 2012-12-13 at 06:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Industrialcraft 2 Addons for 1.110

Name
    Version
    Credit
    Download Link
    Information Link
    Notes
    Advanced Machines
    AtomicStryker
    Advanced Solar Panels
    ???
    SeNtiMeL
    Download
    CompactSolars
    ???
    cpw
    Download
    Gravitation Suite
    ???
    SeNtiMeL
    Download
    Gregtech-Addons
    2.60a
    GregoriusT
    ModularForceFieldSystem
    2.2.8.1.17c
    Thunderdark
    Nuclear Control
    Shedar
    Transformers
    ???
    Snyke
    Download

Quote Originally Posted by hofmannk View Post
    Nice that there is an update to IC2, too bad we cant use it until the other iC2 mods get updated, Transformers and GregsTech crash minecraft when the new IC2 is installed complaining about a wrong version of IC2.
    I'll keep an eye out for updates throughout the day.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-12-14 at 06:33 PM.