Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    It seems forge .515, placing quarries and chickenchunks(for some reason) causes a server to crash. Disabling chickenchunks solves the problem for now however, just need to wait for him to update it. Not sure exactly why chickenchunks affects quarries, but it does.
    Quarries are already chunk loaded now as per newer versions of BC. Probably don't need chicken chunks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    @ pijadd

nope u have 2 HUGE problems
    1) u cant include the mod files them self without permission
    2) u have doubles and conflicts

i had to remove 10 mods just to get it to load lol
    yeah i noticed that too that i dont have permission.. i will update it sometime but can u tell me the conflicts and what mods du have to delete to run it ? because it runs fine by me .. i deletet the download now. that should solve that problem.
    Last edited by mmoc34ab3b4db9; 2013-01-28 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    well one u have 2 x omnitools and could not tell what mods caused it fully as i removed about 15 cause i dont like or use them anyway all i can tell u is strait away forge pops up and says cannot run in current config and shuts game down

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    bloody good work as always my friend new config went on a treat the only thing i would say is remove the treecap config because if you do and let it make a new one then it will work on them bloody big redwoods
    Very good point. Updated the config pack to v1.5.6. It's now on the main post. Thanks for the lookout.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 10:59 AM ----------

• Additional Pipes Updated

Greevir found an up to date version of Additional Pipes for MC 1.4.7 and Buildcraft 3.4.2. The old version worked fine, but might as well stay up to date.

Anyone know where they put the changelogs for forge? They used to be on the site but they stopped posting them a while back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Very good point. Updated the config pack to v1.5.6. It's now on the main post. Thanks for the lookout.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 10:59 AM ----------

• Additional Pipes Updated

Greevir found an up to date version of Additional Pipes for MC 1.4.7 and Buildcraft 3.4.2. The old version worked fine, but might as well stay up to date.

i do what i can lol

Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    Quarries are already chunk loaded now as per newer versions of BC. Probably don't need chicken chunks.
    I know but for some reason the whole chunkloading aspect of the game seems to somehow be affected by chickenchunks. Don't ask me how that works but that is how it is. Plop a quarry down while having chickenchunks mod enabled and a higher version of forge(.515 for example) and you'll see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Anyone know where they put the changelogs for forge? They used to be on the site but they stopped posting them a while back.
    I've been wondering the same thing too.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 02:05 PM ----------

• Forestry Updated
    • Industrialcraft 2 Updated

This should be the last update for a day or so. Just doing it so our server can get the most up-to-date mods.

Is there a good tool for finding the block IDs of mods? Not every mod is very cleanly documented in its config files, it seems. This is not to solve ID resolution problems, by the way, I just needs the block IDs!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Is there a good tool for finding the block IDs of mods? Not every mod is very cleanly documented in its config files, it seems. This is not to solve ID resolution problems, by the way, I just needs the block IDs!
    You can do a ID dump through NEI. It puts all the ID's in a text file that can be read. For conflicts I use: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...porter-Program

It lists all the block and item ID's and produces a report showing you any conflicts and what to change. Unlike blockID conflicts, itemID conflicts don't necessarily crash the game. This program seems to find them all.

Here's a sample of the output from my install (disregard the few conflicts there. It's part of the mod).

http://pastebin.com/jp5eLTPu

10+ Year Old Account
    1.2 of the server is installed and running! If you are one of the thousands of people playing of this server of awesomeness, be sure to PM me to get the link to the latest pack and instructions to install it! (Special instructions are needed for this update). Hope to see you guys in-game!

Sections of this post may or may not be exaggerated. Not responsible for any harm caused by such exaggerations.

Edit: Going to bed now. Spent far too much time getting this done. Will get to the PMs first thing in the morning! So tirrrreeeeeedddddddddddddddddd...............................
    Last edited by Greevir; 2013-01-29 at 07:20 AM.

Just noticed that Direwolf20 put out a video explaining a conflict between Mystcraft and Twilight Forest. For some time I hadn't been able to get Twilight Forest to work in my setup and never was able to figure out exactly what was causing the problem. Turns out if you have already created a Mystcraft dimension #7 it conflicts with the default dimension that Twilight Forest uses. According to the vid Dire said just to delete the Mystcraft dimension 7 and it would work. For me that didn't work for some reason. I am guessing that although I had a folder called Dim7 that it had some Forge internal number that was probably off by one due to the way dimensions are created. Anyway, rather than just delete a bunch of my Mystcraft dimensions I changed the Twilight Forest config to set it to an unused dimension number and it works fine. This would of course only be a problem if you had already started creating Mystcraft dimensions and then tried to install Twilight Forest later which is what happened to me. Anyway, just passing it along in hopes it helps someone else who might have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Just noticed that Direwolf20 put out a video explaining a conflict between Mystcraft and Twilight Forest. For some time I hadn't been able to get Twilight Forest to work in my setup and never was able to figure out exactly what was causing the problem. Turns out if you have already created a Mystcraft dimension #7 it conflicts with the default dimension that Twilight Forest uses. According to the vid Dire said just to delete the Mystcraft dimension 7 and it would work. For me that didn't work for some reason. I am guessing that although I had a folder called Dim7 that it had some Forge internal number that was probably off by one due to the way dimensions are created. Anyway, rather than just delete a bunch of my Mystcraft dimensions I changed the Twilight Forest config to set it to an unused dimension number and it works fine. This would of course only be a problem if you had already started creating Mystcraft dimensions and then tried to install Twilight Forest later which is what happened to me. Anyway, just passing it along in hopes it helps someone else who might have the same problem.
    Yeah that conflict shouldn't really happen if you install Twilight Forest somewhere along the first 5 ages you create with Mystcraft. Gotta wonder why Twilight Forest isn't capable of resolving the dimension ID conflict like Mystcraft does...

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir
    1.2 of the server is installed and running! If you are one of the thousands of people playing of this server of awesomeness, be sure to PM me to get the link to the latest pack and instructions to install it! (Special instructions are needed for this update). Hope to see you guys in-game!
    Can't PM yet
    Could I get the link and instructions please? I have a certain fugly black tower to finish up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good morning everyone! I am awake (kinda) and taking PMs.

For those on the server:

As mentioned in the instructions, you must remove Optifine from Minecraft atm. There is a preview version of Optifine (C1) that is compatibly but it is real buggy atm. Use at your own risk!

I'm sure you're probably already aware of that but Optifine B6 is totally incompatible with any Forge version higher than 499, it works if you're playing on SMP somehow but not in SSP, they already have a beta C1 edition that I wouldn't recommend linking here, it cause so many problems even with Vanilla Minecraft, let alone with the mods you propose here, just to let you know, don't link the C1 edition of Optifine here, you'll be eaten alive by the spam of support request for something that simply can't be fixed by anything except a new version of either Forge or Optifine team...

15+ Year Old Account
    • Optifine Updated

This *may* begin to resolve some of the conflicts between Forge and Optifine. It is a beta version so keep that in mind. Please follow the official Optifine thread for all the developments.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 03:33 PM ----------

• Optifine Updated AGAIN!

Fixes issues that the other version caused

10+ Year Old Account
    Server is back up, a datacenter went down in Montreal. Should be good to go now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Few more updates for today.

• Forge Updated
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated
    • Industrialcraft 2 Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Thaumic Bees Updated
    • Valve Pipe Updated

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, I am so sorry about the server today. I thought I was doing a good thing by getting an upgrade and it turned out to be a disaster. For those of you whose gametime was interrupted by this I sincerely apologize. I really feel bad when I let others down and today was a big one. I have not been able to keep track of PMs I've gotten today, but if you are still interested in playing on the server (it looks to be intact and stable) send me another PM and I'll get you the details. I am working on a forum where I can more freely post updates and get information out a bit more reliably. I'll have this info to you when it becomes available. Again, sorry about the foul-up.

Greevir: can you pm me the new download link for the server, I cant pm until I stop lurking :P