15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoLojik View Post
    Yup, need the biggies to update (Buildcraft, IC2, etc) then everything should hopefully speed up =)
    Both of the above are in the process of updating. No idea on an ETA but maybe we'll see Buildcraft and Forestry early next week.

----

This mornings updates:

• Forge Updated
    • Optifine Updated (Not yet Forge Compatible)
    • NotEnoughItems (NEI) Updated
    • bspkrsCore Updated
    • TreeCapitator Updated
    • ArmorStatus HUD Updated
    • StatusEffect HUD Updated
    • ChickenChunks Updated
    • EnderStorage Updated
    • iChunCore renamed iChun Util
    • Universal Electricity (Basic Components) Updated
    • Fluid Mechanics Updated
    • ICBM Updated
    • Rei's Minimap Updated

Couple of new ones, still nothing major yet. The universal electricity site is a mess and it isn't clear what's updated for 1.5 and what isn't. They really need to make that site more uniform.

More updates later tonight.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 01:26 PM ----------

• Added OpenCCSensors

Forgot to add that. It's not updated yet, but is amazing and needs to be on the list! Lucky I make the list huh?

Deleted
    Hello there. OpenCCSensors is in the process of being upgraded to 1.5. Unfortunately due to the nature of our mod, it's a bit harder when we rely on other mods releasing first.

Oh, also - the mod is open source and I'm just one of the team, so probably better to list the credits as Team OCS

thanks for noticing our little mod It gives motivation to make it better

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeemoo View Post
    Hello there. OpenCCSensors is in the process of being upgraded to 1.5. Unfortunately due to the nature of our mod, it's a bit harder when we rely on other mods releasing first.

Oh, also - the mod is open source and I'm just one of the team, so probably better to list the credits as Team OCS

thanks for noticing our little mod It gives motivation to make it better
    Thanks for developing it! I'm totally in love with it

Fixing the credit. Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Thanks for developing it! I'm totally in love with it

Fixing the credit. Keep up the great work!
    +1 I love OpenCCSensors =D

I don't recall if you've looked at this one in the past ... but I suggest you consider Dynamic Lights. It's updated to 1.5

I can't post links yet ... but it can be found at /topic/184426-15-dynamic-lights-handheld-torches-moving-lightsources/ of the minecraft forum.

I don't care about much of the functionality it adds - I just love having a torch in my hand and actually lighting up the area around me!

I gather that there is a performance hit at the moment, so it may be best to wait for optifine to get it's act together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
    I don't recall if you've looked at this one in the past ... but I suggest you consider Dynamic Lights. It's updated to 1.5

I can't post links yet ... but it can be found at /topic/184426-15-dynamic-lights-handheld-torches-moving-lightsources/ of the minecraft forum.

I don't care about much of the functionality it adds - I just love having a torch in my hand and actually lighting up the area around me!

I gather that there is a performance hit at the moment, so it may be best to wait for optifine to get it's act together.
    Yeah, tried this in the past and the performance hit (along with it messing up view distance) caused me to remove it. It's a nice mod, just not worth the trouble it brings for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Yeah, tried this in the past and the performance hit (along with it messing up view distance) caused me to remove it. It's a nice mod, just not worth the trouble it brings for me.
    I didn't have any issues with it - but I've always played SSP and tend to forget that people are out there playing SMP.

Mind you - my wife has announced that she's sick of vanilla which means I either have to start running a server of my own or go find a server for us to play on. I can't decide which is gonna be more work lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Both definitely have its drawbacks. Joining a server usually comes with strings attached unless you "donate" which annoys the hell outta me. Running your own server is great since you create your own rules. The downside there though is if you want to invite other people, it can easily become a chore instead of something fun to do. Keep everyone up to date, fixing mistakes from others that can cripple the server, trying to keep people from simply destroying your world, all get to be a nuisance. Once you do however get the swing of it, making your own server I think is the better of the two.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2013-03-16 at 02:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates!

• Optifine Updated (Not yet Forge Compatible)
    • Treecapitator Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Twilight Forest Updated (Caution - Untested Pre-Release)
    • Rei's Minimap Updated
    • Inventory Tweaks Updated

Not a whole lot today. I hope that this weekend will give devs time to get real work done. A good chunk of the updates also have to wait on a few larger mods. I've tried tracking down info on as many as I could, so here's the notes:

• Thaumcraft 3 - Work will begin towards the end of the month
    • Soul Shards - Developer AWOL. Uncertain future.
    • IndustrialCraft 2 - Failed builds, work is being done.
    • ExtraBiomesXL - Texture fixes needed then release.
    • Buildcraft - Compiled. Textures being fixed.
    • xAct - GUI re-write. Should be ready soon.
    • Redpower 2 - Eloraam said she was working on it. No word recently.
    • Thermal Expansion - Upset about render changes and unsure about release.

Deleted
    Well... now that SUX. Guess we'll be playing 1.47 a LOT more time.
    What about railcraft? It's one of the most important modes out there. Tanks and railway systems (both of which at least I have a lot of) depend on it. Any words?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warplord View Post
    Well... now that SUX. Guess we'll be playing 1.47 a LOT more time.
    What about railcraft? It's one of the most important modes out there. Tanks and railway systems (both of which at least I have a lot of) depend on it. Any words?
    No word yet, but CovertJaguar is still active.

I was reading some chat about Thermal expansion today and the devs say it has a lot to do with the new ways Minecraft renders blocks. Things that are cubes (quarry, furnace etc) are fine, but anything that's a custom shape is more difficult. Apparently some of the optimizations TE worked on for a long time now don't work at all.

As for wait times. It seems like it will be a while to get everything. Weeks? A month maybe? I can't really say. I'll keep people updated on the information that's public, but I wouldn't start spamming F5 for updates. It's going to take more time than we hoped.

Deleted
    Eh, well, mods are pretty developed as they are, not really that much to do when u got all sorts of crazy end game power generation, sadly. I have a feeling all mods (both MJ and EU dependant) focus a lot more on power generation then on actually usage. I mean u can make a crapload of UU matter, but that' it. And for MJ? Nothing... Only extra bees machines to some extent. We need more power consumers, a lot more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warplord View Post
    Eh, well, mods are pretty developed as they are, not really that much to do when u got all sorts of crazy end game power generation, sadly. I have a feeling all mods (both MJ and EU dependant) focus a lot more on power generation then on actually usage. I mean u can make a crapload of UU matter, but that' it. And for MJ? Nothing... Only extra bees machines to some extent. We need more power consumers, a lot more.
    I agree. There simply isn't anything to do with the massive amounts of power you generate late-game. It pretty much gets to the point where you just need to restart for something to do.

---

Updates!

None!

Okay, there are a few out there. Forge for one thing. I'm actually taking the day off (Sunday) to play some games and do some RL stuff. Monday should see a bunch of updates hopefully.

In the mean time, since 1.5.x will probably take a while, I've developed a new pack for 1.4.7. It has 112 mods listed (give or take) and adds a few things not on the list. I can post the configs and mod list if you guys want something to tie you over for a few weeks. Gonna test it first, but it starts okay.

See you Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Both definitely have its drawbacks. J
    I agree with what you said. I actually went so far as to reorganise my VM's so that I could fire up a new one for MC.

But it occurred to me that I'm a bit bored with building things and being the only person who ever sees them. I think I'll see if I can find a server with an adult population and the mods that I like. I'm not sure if being an Aussie will make that easier or harder.

Heh - having read some of the server forums I'm thinking the the search will keep me occupied until all the mods are updated to 1.5 :P

hey fuzzie i just joined to thank you..you make my life easier lol..
    just wanted to ask does somebody have chickens plugins but version before last update..ones that works with nei plugins.. i need nei plugins for forestry recipes..

I hadn't updated for a while, so decided to do a final 1.4.7 mod build. I can get everything to work except NEIPlugins.

I tried both
    NEIPlugins-1.0.4.5
    nei_plugins-1.0.4.5a

These work fine:
    CodeChickenCore 0.8.1
    NotEnoughItems 1.4.7.1
    NEI_RedPowerPlugin 1.4.3.1

What do other have working?

Code:
    This is the error I get:
    2013-03-17 12:45:12 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The following problems were captured during this phase

2013-03-17 12:45:12 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Caught exception from NEIPlugins

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: globalConfig

at mistaqur.nei.NEIPlugins.postLoad(NEIPlugins.java:72)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:679)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:207)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:458)

at asq.a(SourceFile:56)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:746)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: globalConfig

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:130)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:680)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:207)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:458)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at asq.a(SourceFile:56)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:746)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: globalConfig

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at mistaqur.nei.NEIPlugins.postLoad(NEIPlugins.java:72)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:679)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	... 5 more

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 01:07 PM ----------

Oh and I tried Zan's Minimap.
    I tried putting it in the mods folder but that didn't work.
    You have to install it in the minecraft.jar.
    It says so in the readme.txt that downloads with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFarmerJoe View Post
    I hadn't updated for a while, so decided to do a final 1.4.7 mod build. I can get everything to work except NEIPlugins.

I tried both
    NEIPlugins-1.0.4.5
    nei_plugins-1.0.4.5a

These work fine:
    CodeChickenCore 0.8.1
    NotEnoughItems 1.4.7.1
    NEI_RedPowerPlugin 1.4.3.1

What do other have working?

Code:
    This is the error I get:
    2013-03-17 12:45:12 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The following problems were captured during this phase

2013-03-17 12:45:12 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Caught exception from NEIPlugins

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: globalConfig

at mistaqur.nei.NEIPlugins.postLoad(NEIPlugins.java:72)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:679)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:207)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:458)

at asq.a(SourceFile:56)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:746)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: globalConfig

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:130)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:680)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:207)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:458)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at asq.a(SourceFile:56)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:746)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: globalConfig

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at mistaqur.nei.NEIPlugins.postLoad(NEIPlugins.java:72)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:679)

2013-03-17 12:45:22 [INFO] [STDERR] 	... 5 more

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 01:07 PM ----------

Oh and I tried Zan's Minimap.
    I tried putting it in the mods folder but that didn't work.
    You have to install it in the minecraft.jar.
    It says so in the readme.txt that downloads with it.
    For Zans minimap there are 2 versions to DL. One is installed in the jar while the other one (Modloader/Forge version) is installed into the mods folder. Not sure about the nei_plugins tbh. We're currently not using them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kikisp View Post
    hey fuzzie i just joined to thank you..you make my life easier lol..
    just wanted to ask does somebody have chickens plugins but version before last update..ones that works with nei plugins.. i need nei plugins for forestry recipes..
    I found this on Mistaqur's bitbucket page: https://bitbucket.org/mistaqur/fores...ns-1.0.4.6.jar

1.0.4.6. I don't know if it fixes the forestry 2.x stuff since I haven't tested it. The other ones listed work fine though. 1.0.4.5 doesn't have new Forestry farms, 1.0.4.5a does, but isn't official.

dont know where did you find that one. latest i could find is 1.0.4.5a.
    but 1.0.4.6 still crashes the game for me with latest NEI for 1.4.7
    i managed to make it work but i still dont have for example peat bog recipe in nei..
    edit2 lol i managed to make that one work too..forestry config had old style farms disabled...
    Last edited by kikisp; 2013-03-18 at 01:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates.

• Forge Updated
    • CodeChickenCore Updated
    • NotEnoughItems (NEI) Updated
    • bspkrsCore Updated
    • Bibliocraft Updated
    • ChickenChunks Updated
    • EnderStorage Updated
    • Forestry Updated (Alpha)
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Twilight Forest Updated
    • UE Basic Components Updated

Not as many as I had hoped. Seems there are still many issues with the changes 1.5 made. That said, it hasn't even been a week yet so I would give it more time.

Config pack will start going together at some point this week. The plan is to completely re-map ID's so that items are grouped together in a logical manner. This is going to be a rather large undertaking, but it will be made easier with the fact that mods are coming out slow, so I can take my time. First step is setting up ranges for similar mods and looking at the ID's they take up currently for 1.4.7.

I'll maybe have a preliminary pack ready sometime this week, but I'm not promising. I feel like it's pointless to really start a 1.5 world now when all the worldgen mods aren't updated. It's up to you guys though. I'll keep you posted. More updates later today (monday).