Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rckymtnrfc View Post
    I purchased modupdates.com this weekend and converted your code to HTML. And by convert I mean redid it by hand. I couldn't get any of the BB Code converters to work with the BB table code you had. At least I only have to do that once. I also just finished my first updated....rather large, so it took awhile. I'm sure I'll get faster at it as I do it more. My plan is to update 3 times a week. You can view the change log on the site to find out what changed. If anyone finds any bugs or problems with the links let me know. There is a Discussion page that has a running thread. For now I just created a single thread for everything. I figured it didn't need an entire forum with various threads atm.

I'll be making changes and tweaking things over the coming days. There are some small visual bugs I need to fix, donation links to add and some plugins I want to add to the forum so it acts more like we are used to here on MMO. Bare with me as I fix (and break) things as I work on finalizing things.
    Good job

I think Fuzzzie's issue with moving to another site and losing 75% of the readers is still a valid one though. You made a discussion thread that requires people to log in to even read it, and I think that's a barrier that not everyone will be willing to take. Maybe you'll consider at least letting anonymous users read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Good job

I think Fuzzzie's issue with moving to another site and losing 75% of the readers is still a valid one though. You made a discussion thread that requires people to log in to even read it, and I think that's a barrier that not everyone will be willing to take. Maybe you'll consider at least letting anonymous users read it?
    There isn't anything in the discussion thread currently, everyone should be able to read it. I thought I only required registration if you wanted to post. I'll double check as I didn't intend to lock it from being viewed. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Edit: I just posted a test post to the discussion thread and then logged out. I can see the post so I think you aren't seeing anything because as of this morning, there was nothing there to see. I'll add a first post so that page doesn't look so empty.
    Last edited by rckymtnrfc; 2014-09-30 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    There isn't anything in the discussion thread currently, everyone should be able to read it. I thought I only required registration if you wanted to post. I'll double check as I didn't intend to lock it from being viewed. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Edit: I just posted a test post to the discussion thread and then logged out. I can see the post so I think you aren't seeing anything because as of this morning, there was nothing there to see. I'll add a first post so that page doesn't look so empty.
    Oh, my bad. I assumed there was already a post in there. Nice job again

15+ Year Old Account
    I purchased modupdates.com this weekend and converted your code to HTML. And by convert I mean redid it by hand. I couldn't get any of the BB Code converters to work with the BB table code you had. At least I only have to do that once. I also just finished my first updated....rather large, so it took awhile. I'm sure I'll get faster at it as I do it more. My plan is to update 3 times a week. You can view the change log on the site to find out what changed. If anyone finds any bugs or problems with the links let me know. There is a Discussion page that has a running thread. For now I just created a single thread for everything. I figured it didn't need an entire forum with various threads atm.

I'll be making changes and tweaking things over the coming days. There are some small visual bugs I need to fix, donation links to add and some plugins I want to add to the forum so it acts more like we are used to here on MMO. Bare with me as I fix (and break) things as I work on finalizing things.
    Dude that is freaking awesome! Very well done!

I'll be following this closely. You've done an amazing job! Don't be afraid to take it your own direction though! I designed the list like.. 2 years ago. It was in dire need of updating!

Deleted
    First I not only like to, but HAVE to thank Fuzzzie and all other writers in this thread for their time.
    You all helped me an my friends for over a year to set up proper MC Servers :-)

I also like rckymtnrfc's work for creating a new site to get my mods Thanks to you.

And now I like to ask a question.

My friends and I are running a MC Server on Version 1.7.2 with several Mods installed.
    We tried to update to 1.7.10 now that nearly all Mods we are using are available.

Nearly all means we dropped 2-3 Mods from our new Server.

But:
    Is there any chance to get our world working on the new 1.7.10 server?
    We always get the IDs (thought there were not anymore :-? ) mixed up and our beautiful Palace of Marble is build of machines from Factorization :-)

So any chance to get the world working with 1.7.10?
    Would be glad if anybody could help me...

15+ Year Old Account
    Today would have been the 2 year anniversary for the thread. Although I didn't make it that far I want to thank everyone who has supported me over the past two years. Your appreciation and well wishes have really meant a lot!

Happy CDN Turkey Day!

10+ Year Old Account
    2 years.... wow! Can't believe it's been that long... Sorry about the lack of action from me. My life is not going very well and lack of internet makes communicating difficult. Congrats on the thread and it's nice to see someone picking up where Fuzzzie left off.

Deleted
    I'm playing latest gregtech_1.7.10-5.05.13 and i can only electrolyze sand in electrolyzer, i tried 3 tiers 32 128 and 512 and none of them can process anything else but vanilla sand. Any idea what might be wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    I'm playing latest gregtech_1.7.10-5.05.13 and i can only electrolyze sand in electrolyzer, i tried 3 tiers 32 128 and 512 and none of them can process anything else but vanilla sand. Any idea what might be wrong?
    probably a bug, best report or ask about it on gregs official forums

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Hello Fuzzzie
    I was wondering what thoughts you have had about mods that cause a lot of drop in TPS. I've heard from the admins on the server that I play on that mods like ComputerCraft PowerConverters and Binnies can damage even the best servers.

Anything you've had experience with?
    My first question would be.. How much memory does the server you play on have? I would also ask if this is a dedicated server or a shared machine.

A lot of times MC server's are shared machines. The CPU cycles are shared amongst 2 or 3 servers on 1 machine. If a server (not yours) has a number of players on at one time it might effect your experience.

As you add more an more mods, the memory requirements increase. For a modpack that includes 75+ mods I would allocate about 0.6Gb of RAM per player. This may not be needed early game, but as bases grow you'll need that kind of memory. Using things like turtles to automate things 24/7 has been known to increase server lag as well. When you look at a server like Forgecraft they're using the most high-end options under the sun. You would be looking at 190$ a month. Since you probably dont want to pay that I would suggest editing the computercraft configs and toning down a number of the options.

PowerConverters shouldn't eat too much memory. Binnies might just because of it's scope.

My experience is dated though as I haven't done any MC server work since 1.5*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    2 years.... wow! Can't believe it's been that long... Sorry about the lack of action from me. My life is not going very well and lack of internet makes communicating difficult. Congrats on the thread and it's nice to see someone picking up where Fuzzzie left off.
    Hey Greevir! Miss you dude!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Hey Greevir! Miss you dude!
    I miss me too! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I miss me too! :P
    Well, back on Warcrafts dick now. Enjoying leveling my feral druid. Thanks for the gold loan. I've made about 200 by myself so far so I'll pay you back soon.

Kinda given up on Minecraft for now. I'm thinking about waiting a year or so and then seeing whats new.

I'm playing on the Flux Galaxy mod pack, a server for it. Someone changed an entire extreme hills biome into nether rack and soul sand using either blood Magic or Thaumcraft i assume. Even the rivers changed to obisidian. Is there a way for me to undo his work and change the biome back to normal?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Are you still updating this page? If so I found a massive mod.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...sions-250-mobs

Was just updated in March too. So its still being worked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I do believe it has all ended up here which is not affiliated with this thread or the other site: https://bot.notenoughmods.com/

Which looks to include the mod you posted, maybe an earlier version.

I miss Fuzzzie, ironically not enough mods has too many mods.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I do believe it has all ended up here which is not affiliated with this thread or the other site: https://bot.notenoughmods.com/

Which looks to include the mod you posted, maybe an earlier version.

I miss Fuzzzie, ironically not enough mods has too many mods.
    Thank you. Sorry I decided to bail out. I had a good run with it though. Looking at my life now there's no way I would have the time to dedicate to keeping it up to date. Thank you for your support though. It means a lot that after so long people still remember the good times we had when doing the list.

With so many great options for getting mods and using modpacks now, my reasoning for creating the list is somewhat diminished. The Minecraft mod scene is great and has adapted to the new environment. Embrace it. They too are working really hard to satisfy you!

I am surprised that there are still posts in this thread. Seems like a long time ago we were doing this. I still play Minecraft occassionally and sure am glad not to be messing with configs anymore. Hope everyone is doing well. Laguy442, over and out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    I am surprised that there are still posts in this thread. Seems like a long time ago we were doing this. I still play Minecraft occassionally and sure am glad not to be messing with configs anymore. Hope everyone is doing well. Laguy442, over and out.
    I haven't touched Minecraft for ages now. I actually lost my password for mmo-champion for a while too. Finally figured it out. Yeah I'm good. Been working at my new job quite a bit and I'm moving in with my girlfriend in the new year. Don't play many video games anymore. I played WoW for a while when WoD launched but got bored with it and let my subscription lapse. I've started playing again leveling up a few horde toons (never played horde in 11 years) with some classes that I never bothered to try (hunter, warlock, DK)... It's going alright but I only maybe put in 5-6 hours a week with that.

No plans to going back to Minecraft though. I fear that I just burned myself out on it. I guess its sort of my fault after spending hours every day tracking down all the mod updates.

Probably not going to post in this thread anymore though. It should probably be unstickied at this point as it's way out of date.

PM me here if you want to stay in touch and I'll pass along my steam info and or battletag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is this Fuzzzie guy? :P