Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ghoul appearance

I wanted to ask other forum users' opinion on the cosmetic appearance of the Death Knight's Ghoul pet. I find it a bit lacking to be honest, especially when I am playing Unholy.

Transforming the regular ghoul into the Monstrosity feels good, because it looks so much better than the regular ghoul. I'd like that the Monstrosity was the "normal form" of the pet and instead when DK uses Dark Transformation the pet would turn into a creature like those two ICC bosses (Festergut and Rotface).

Warlocks got new pets in MoP and well, hunters have always had a wide variety of pets to choose from, so what are your opinions on the ghoul subject ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a geist instead of the ghoul, I don't mind if it transforms into the same monstrosity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygil View Post
    I'd like a geist instead of the ghoul, I don't mind if it transforms into the same monstrosity.
    Your wish has been granted

http://www.wowhead.com/item=43535

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of the Geist, where have you been all my life?!

I want an Abomination Glyph

Deleted
    I want more skeleton minions!

I've never liked the ghoul look, I grabbed that Geist glyph as soon as I could.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would've stuck to a more Warcraft 3 kinda look for the ghoul.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I wish they would've stuck to a more Warcraft 3 kinda look for the ghoul.
    I like that one much more too. If I recall correctly, in the past when Death Knight died and turned into a ghoul himself, he/she had that "old school" ghoul look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopomarsu View Post
    I like that one much more too. If I recall correctly, in the past when Death Knight died and turned into a ghoul himself, he/she had that "old school" ghoul look.
    It's a pity they went and removed that, it was so fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I have with the geist glyph is that the geist is kinda... puny.

I really think they should broaden the base of undead minions available to DKs... An undead soldier (like Lurid,) a crypt fiend, an abomination, a wight, one of those mummified vrykul... There are likewise options for the gargoyle... a val'kyr, a flying nerubian, a banshee... The list goes on. The only problem is that there'd be a jack ton of glyphs...

They should just make it so DKs can "perma-enslave" a certain type of undead to replace their regular undead minion. Would clear things up considerably.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I like the geist MUCH better than I do the normal ghoul.

Well I tried the gheist, but.....i dont see him coz the gheist is behind the mob all the time and he sooo tiny!!! I prefer the old ghoul Mr Timmy, GHOUL TIMMY FTW !!!

I agree, we need FAR more options for our pets, similar to warlocks perhaps.
    If blizzard gives me the ability to use one of those skeletal guards like lurid and let me choose what weapon he uses (similar to the warlock glyph for felguard)
    or one of those giant badass skeleton guards in scholomance (most fun instance for DK's right now because of control undead lol)

I wonder why Blizz didn't give us more pet models. I mean look at mage polymorph they can start a zoo with all their choices of polymorphs.

Some models would look really sick, mini aboms, skeletal warriors,skeletal reavers(those at ICC the first trash packs) maybe the undead dogs too (also at ICC)

Edit: A lot of people seem to like Lurid :P

Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    I wonder why Blizz didn't give us more pet models. I mean look at mage polymorph they can start a zoo with all their choices of polymorphs.

Some models would look really sick, mini aboms, skeletal warriors,skeletal reavers(those at ICC the first trash packs) maybe the undead dogs too (also at ICC)

Edit: A lot of people seem to like Lurid :P
    I'm partial to the armored skeletal look wielding a badass looking 2h.

I have to admit I prefer this original Ghoul model over the newer one, though both are OK.

Deleted
    tbh the apearence of my dead minion doesn't matter to me. sure would be nice more options but what I realy miss is this " me likes shiiiiiniiieeeesss! " I realy miss it =(((((((

I love my new Geist. I named him Gorebag, he is a posh and well-spoken undead; always prompt as well!
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf