Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well, I will say I'm always on the look out for my information on DW Frost and DKs in general, although apparently this above video isn't up to date on information I will say I appreciate the constructive replies to the OP because I learned/confirmed things I had pieced together from various threads. I must say I am loving DW Frost Masterfrost. It makes SR much easier, like Unholy, due to the abudant runes you can use for SR and the 1 rune finisher in HB is much like SS in Unholy.

That being said, if anyone can answer these min/max questions I'd appreciate it and hopefully we'll see someone put together all the great info in a Masterfrost guide:

1) Would love to clarify the use of Plague Leech as people above answered. I use it on CD, I try to get a Frost/Death rune on CD and when Blood Plague is at around 3 secs, I plague leech and Howling Blast the new Death Rune I just got and then either Outbreak or Plague Strike to get both diseases up. I'm assuming the benefit to this talent is just that I get a Death Rune refreshed quicker than waiting for it to regen on its own.

2) Runic Empowerment uses? I find that DW Master Frost plays so fast and is swimming in Runic Power that I don't have many dead zones in the rotation. With Unholy you can generally always plan the opener as Outbreak, SS, FS, SS, FS, UF/Garg, Runic Empowerment, SS SS SS SS SS etc. then a bunch of Death Coils for Timmy and watch your Burst go nuts. With Frost where do you find the best place to use this? I was thinking perhaps using 2 OBLS to get rid of more runes and then Runic Empowerment and go back to normal rotation?

3). Does Timmy update stats Dynamically for both specs or does he snapshot?

Much appreciated!

Plague Leech may sim the highest but if you don't think you can handle that extra button you are better off picking something else. Same with Blood Tap. I'm sorry, I am not that good at multi-tasking. Just something to keep in mind when demanding that someone take plague leech. Not aimed at anyone in particular...

10+ Year Old Account
    Plague Leeching on cooldown is a DPS increase in single target. If you are not good at handling an active dps increase like Plague Leech or Blood Tap, practice on a training dummy and in LFR for several hours a day until you are. You shouldn't need more than one hour of practice to fully grasp a mechanic as simple as PL, but repeated poundings into your skull will promote the mechanic from something you have to actively think about into an automated process.

If you don't practice, you choose to be mediocre, and you clearly have the free time to practice.

As for simming, while DK sims have historically been unreliable due to the nature of rune regeneration, if you are advocating a playstyle that deviates from the accepted standard, bring damage parses to back it up. Without them, you're just noise with no signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post
    Also, I'm not going to let you get to me since you only have 2 posts on MMO... so figuring you are just a troll since half the stuff you say doesn't make sense.
    Everything he said made perfect sense. The fact that you don't know who spoony is probably means you haven't been over at EJ at all or looked at any parses on WoL. After seeing your guide you may want to head over there and then make some adjustments. I liked the presentation of the guide, but the content was a little lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by rap87 View Post
    Well, I will say I'm always on the look out for my information on DW Frost and DKs in general, although apparently this above video isn't up to date on information I will say I appreciate the constructive replies to the OP because I learned/confirmed things I had pieced together from various threads. I must say I am loving DW Frost Masterfrost. It makes SR much easier, like Unholy, due to the abudant runes you can use for SR and the 1 rune finisher in HB is much like SS in Unholy.

That being said, if anyone can answer these min/max questions I'd appreciate it and hopefully we'll see someone put together all the great info in a Masterfrost guide:

1) Would love to clarify the use of Plague Leech as people above answered. I use it on CD, I try to get a Frost/Death rune on CD and when Blood Plague is at around 3 secs, I plague leech and Howling Blast the new Death Rune I just got and then either Outbreak or Plague Strike to get both diseases up. I'm assuming the benefit to this talent is just that I get a Death Rune refreshed quicker than waiting for it to regen on its own.

2) Runic Empowerment uses? I find that DW Master Frost plays so fast and is swimming in Runic Power that I don't have many dead zones in the rotation. With Unholy you can generally always plan the opener as Outbreak, SS, FS, SS, FS, UF/Garg, Runic Empowerment, SS SS SS SS SS etc. then a bunch of Death Coils for Timmy and watch your Burst go nuts. With Frost where do you find the best place to use this? I was thinking perhaps using 2 OBLS to get rid of more runes and then Runic Empowerment and go back to normal rotation?

3). Does Timmy update stats Dynamically for both specs or does he snapshot?

Much appreciated!
    1) You should use plague leech just as your blood plague is about to expire.

2) For 2h frost, you use all runes for obliterate, except when you need a plague strike for blood plague, rime procs for HB, and runic power for FS. You should also try to use all your KM procs for obliterate
    For DW(not 100% sure about this, im only using 2h) you use death/frost runes for HB, runic power for FS, KM procs for FS. Keep 1(ONE!!!!) unholy rune on cooldown with plague strike or death and decay, that was all your RE procs will be death/frost
    Both "specs": diseases>soul reaper(if less than 35% health)>other attacks, and try to use KM procs quickly, or you may waste a proc

3) I know he did snapshot, and it seems he still does

Would also like to add that if people don't raid much, unholy blight and asphyxiate becomes much more useful

Edit: wall of text...

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pisshands View Post
    You shouldn't need more than one hour of practice to fully grasp a mechanic as simple as PL, but repeated poundings into your skull will promote the mechanic from something you have to actively think about into an automated process.
    Agree with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!